PDA

View Full Version : Time to get from DL (tomorowland?) to Goofy's kitchen?

MerryJ
05-16-2012, 11:46 PM
We are going to be having a meal at Goofy's Kitchen at 11am on a weekday in the end of May. Looking at the maps, I was thinking we could take the monorail from inside the park to DTD and then walk to the restaurant.

Given that it will be DH and I and three little ones, how long will the trip take us? Is 30 minutes sufficient to make the trip? Given we will be spending the morning at Disneyland, is there a better way to get from DL to the restaurant? Will it be clear how to get to the Disneyland Hotel (and the restaurant) from the monorail station? Anything else I need to know as a first timer?

Thanks!

fctiger
05-16-2012, 11:57 PM
Hmmm, based on Friday morning hour rush and depending on traffic on the monorail...I'm guessing hours! ;)

LOL, no 30 mins will be more than enough! It will just depend on the line for the monorail but at that hour I dont see it more than 20 mins tops! And believe me its easy as pie. Once you get off the monorail, hook a right and you are about a minute away from the hotel which will be staring you smack in the face! No way you will miss it lol. And then you keep walking straight down the main pathway from the monorail station and hook a left when you pass the first big hotel wing which will be on your right and the pool area will be on your left and you will basically be at Goofys Kitchen. Its VERY simple to find. It's about a 2-3 min walk from Monorail station!

So once again: Off the monorail, make a right, just walk straight down passing the pool, make a left, you will see the restaurant which will be inside but there are signs outdoors! And if you get lost, just ask they will point you to it!

The only other way to get there is to walk from DL and through DTD! Its about a 15-20 min walk, so it depends on your speed. Again, its very simple because you just walk through DTD and pass the monorail station and same directions as before!

Eitherway, give yourself a minimum of 20 mins to get there and you will be fine!

blabbermouth
05-17-2012, 12:07 AM
I agree with the above poster. A half hour would be a good idea to make sure you get on the monorail (in case you have to wait ten minutes) and the walk with three small kids. You don't want to be rushing too much.

fctiger
05-17-2012, 12:09 AM
Edit: TRIED to show a quick picture map, but it isnt coming up. But just go here:

http://disneytraveller.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Disneyland-Resort-Map.jpg

It will give you an idea of the layout and where the hotel is in comparison to the Monorail sation! Its VERY close and the resort is pretty compact. None of that WDW vastness waste of space lol. Anyway, if you look at the map, you will see the hotel! Just make the right from the station, you will first pass the Rain Forest Cafe, than an ESPN restaurant, then walk under that big sorcerer Mickey hat where you enter the hotel property. Just keep walking past that main hotel on the right and Goofys Kitchen is house at the far left smaller building! Just blow up the image for a better look. Trust me you cant miss it!

MerryJ
05-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Thanks so much! I didn't want to leave our fun at the park earlier than necessary but I don't want to be late either!

JoRo
05-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Hi we have done that walk and its 20-30 min. For us with a double stroller (DD 5 & DS4), we end up behind every slower person ;) Its like hitting every red light, we have not done the monorail there is usually a line so we choose to walk.

Good luck enjoy!

3Minnies1Mickey
05-17-2012, 01:36 PM
You will need to fold up strollers on the monorail, so factor in the convenience of doing this over just walking.

DISHoppy
05-17-2012, 02:07 PM
We'll be doing the same thing from DL and DCA in June. I assume from DCA the DTD path to the monorail station and follow the directions after that is the only choice for us? We'll likely be in Cars Land for the most part that day. I would just stay in DCA for the day, but it's our DD #2's 6th birthday that day and Goofy's appears to be a must to celebrate that. She also gets Ariel's for dinner. :cool1:

-Kevin