PDA

View Full Version : DL Dining Ressie ?

las3888
05-16-2012, 08:42 PM
We are WDW people but we love DLR and are planning our 3rd visit for late July/early August. I know this is a very busy time. We will be staying at VGC and are interested at eating at several DTD restaurants while we are there. We are always in the ADR mode from WDW, but I am wondering if we will need ADRs for DTD restaurants during that time. We are from the midwest, and find we are hungry at 6pm our time, which is 4pm Calif. time. I imagine we will be ready to eat by 5, no later than 6. Do we need ressies for this? It sure would be nice to eat more on the fly versus the world of ADRs at WDW. Thoughts, suggestions, comments? Thanks!

jdb in AZ
05-16-2012, 08:45 PM
We are WDW people but we love DLR and are planning our 3rd visit for late July/early August. I know this is a very busy time. We will be staying at VGC and are interested at eating at several DTD restaurants while we are there. We are always in the ADR mode from WDW, but I am wondering if we will need ADRs for DTD restaurants during that time. We are from the midwest, and find we are hungry at 6pm our time, which is 4pm Calif. time. I imagine we will be ready to eat by 5, no later than 6. Do we need ressies for this? It sure would be nice to eat more on the fly versus the world of ADRs at WDW. Thoughts, suggestions, comments? Thanks!

You can put your name on the wait list and they'll tell you what time to return, but 4 p.m. shouldn't be as busy as later in the evening.

Mary Jo
05-16-2012, 08:50 PM
I would recommend them only because I have been there when we haven't had reservations, and had to wait a long time to eat.

Jazz Kitchen opens at 5pm for dinner. I've been able to walk up at that time and get a table without waiting. But, having said that, I would still recommend reservations for the days you know you want to eat at a sit-down restaurant.

The number is 714-781-3463 (option 4)

Or you can email them at dine@disneyland.com

DISHoppy
05-16-2012, 10:27 PM

It's so shocking being able to make ressies a month out from our trip pretty much anywhere and when I wanted. The only one I sweated was Carthay Circle since it will be newly opened when we are there. We initially had a WDW reservation @ POR for early June, but switched to DLR due to my wife having a conference in Anaheim. I started planning the WDW trip back in Feb and ran into tons of issues with the locations we wanted (despite the new ADR policy/system). @ DLR everything was open, including Napa Rose, Carthay Circle, Blue Bayou, etc. less than 60 days out. :cool1: Try that with places like CRT or Cali Grill @ WDW, and don't even get me started on Le Cellier. :furious:

-Kevin

tylerandalexsmom
05-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Sorry to hijack your post, but I am also a WDW vet who is always on the phone or internet first thing as soon as the 180 window opens.... Planning our first DLR trip, and still learning the differences. Such as -- we always do the dining plan at WDW, but everyone says not to at DLR. So how do ressies work at DLR -- if we don't have a dining plan, do we have to guarantee with a credit card? What about cancelling ressies? (or not showing up?) :confused3

DISHoppy
05-16-2012, 11:32 PM
So how do ressies work at DLR -- if we don't have a dining plan, do we have to guarantee with a credit card? What about cancelling ressies? (or not showing up?) :confused3

No credit card required, no cancellation fee. They do ask that you do cancel as a courtesy. If you make them over the phone, no confirmation # is given. However, if you make them via e-mail, they apparently do send you a confirmation number. I've only made them by phone so far due to the time difference and the fact that the e-mail method was only available recently (after my 60-day window opened). My most recent calls were for a seating @ Carthay Circle the day it opened for ressies, so I didn't risk waiting for that just in case, and to tweak some days and times for existing ressies that I didn't want to do by e-mail. I may send them an e-mail just to get a dump of my ressies just for the sake of sanity. :) Also, the time is for priority seating, and from I've read that means being seated w/in 10-15 minutes of arrival, which also happens @ places I've been to @ WDW (Chef Mickeys and Teppan Edo come to mind for not seating right away recently). And from what I've read about the dining plan @ DLR, I can only ask why bother offering it @ all. :confused3

-Kevin