PDA

View Full Version : Tinker Bell half marathon

Tandyc
05-16-2012, 07:10 PM
A girlfriend and I are planning to attend but have no info. Registration is in June but no accomidations packages are available yet. Does anyone know the registration cost? Are the packages worth it? Has anyone done it before?

Tandyc

kim3339
05-16-2012, 07:24 PM
Reg for the DL 1/2 was $150, so Tink should be around there give or take $10. For hotel packages, w/ the DL races, they go through Get Travel. But if you have a AAA card, most of the hotels you can get will be cheaper w/ the card. However, the resort hotels will be well priced. They also do the park tix and those are at discounted prices also. Their info will be on their site usually w/in a couple weeks of reg opening.

I did it this year, and it was a blast. The course is a little different than the DL 1/2, so it was a nice change. You're going to have a lot of fun. Also, if you don't register right away, keep an eye on the site and %'s b/c it'll sell out. Not as fast as the DL 1/2. But by the end of summer if it's like last year. This year the date changed and it's now on MLK weekend. So make sure you get on hotel resies also b/c people will be going down there b/c of the holiday in addition to the race.

Tandyc
05-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Thx so much for the fast response. Gotta love these boards!

Tandyc

specialks
05-16-2012, 08:51 PM
kim3339 had some great info, but I wanted to throw a note in about hotel packages. I've booked for the Wine and Dine in WDW and they switched this year from GET to a Disney travel booking. Based on talking to the agent who I discussed the W&D with, it sounds like runDisney is going towards that and might not be using GET any longer. I chose not to book the W&D room package because my rate with AAA at a value resort was the same cost and by reserving a race package you are locked into the package booking/cancellation rules.