PDA

View Full Version : Ticket price increase?

lordog
05-16-2012, 11:09 AM
I know that there has been several discussion regarding speculation about ticket price increases and no one knows for sure. My question is this: Will there be some sort of warning from Disney to buy your tickets before such an increase. Dumb question probably because why would Disney want to tell you to buy your tickets at a cheaper rate, but I thought I would ask. I am purchasing an annual pass on the payment plan and may be going after the speculated Cars Land opening price increase in June (I am going in July). I am a DVC member but I would only get the $20 discount if I purchase at the front gate and not online. If I buy the voucher ahead of time in order to avoid a price increase, I give up my discount (but the increase could be more than $20). Just trying to save as much money as possible. Bottom line, my question is: Do we get a warning?

disneychrista
05-16-2012, 11:53 AM
They usually make an announcement the Friday before a Sunday increase. So you have about 24 hours notice.

DISHoppy
05-16-2012, 12:23 PM
From the most recent Mousesavers newsletter:

Usually I am able to find out exactly when the prices will be going up, but only slightly in advance: generally I get the news on the Friday afternoon prior to a Sunday morning increase, so it's only about 36 hours' notice. Assuming I find out in advance again this year, I will send out an update announcing the imminent increase to all MouseSavers Hot Deals email subscribers. If you'd like to join that list, go here for directions.

Go to Mousesavers.com to subscribe if you don't already receive the newsletter and/or hot deals e-mails. Mary does a really nice job with the newsletter and does not spam you. Highly recommended.

-Kevin

Feistygirl916
05-16-2012, 06:18 PM
Most of the time it's early August (if memory serves)

Last year I remember it being early to mid June, right before summer break. Gotta get that dollar somewhere, ya know! ;)

There has always been notice, albeit short notice as someone else mentioned, but at least it's something. :thumbsup2

zeferjen
05-16-2012, 06:27 PM
I am expecting one soon, both because of the Mousesavers info and also before Carsland opens. I am trying to get my tickets for our August trip this week.

Greysword
05-16-2012, 06:27 PM
Disney will have a press release, but you'd need to be watching for it (or read the Disney papers such as the Orlando Sentinel). It will likely be mentioned here almost as soon as the release hits, as the DIS members are great!

lordog
05-16-2012, 06:50 PM
thank you so much for all the responses!

DisSarahK
05-16-2012, 11:38 PM
I've paid attention the last couple of years because of our September trips (no trip this September though) and there has been a warning...but not much of one!

3Minnies1Mickey
05-17-2012, 10:23 AM
I am expecting one soon, both because of the Mousesavers info and also before Carsland opens. I am trying to get my tickets for our August trip this week.

If you subscribe to Mousesavers or Mouse Planet's newsletter you'll likely get an email when the warning comes out a day or so ahead of time.

Also, if you "friend" Mousesavers, MP, or DIS on Facebook, I'm sure there will be an announcement there when/if advanced warning comes out.

ValpoCory
05-17-2012, 11:38 AM
At WDW, January vacationers like myself could buy tickets before the previous summer's price increase. At DLR, tickets for the following calendar year are not available until after the increase.

rramstad
05-18-2012, 08:11 PM
If you subscribed to this thread, but don't get to the board much, come visit and get the details on the price increases. They are massive, and take effect Sunday i.e. you've got now, and Saturday to get things sorted and BUY!

toontoy
05-18-2012, 08:16 PM
per the disney blog today tickets for disneyland are going up

check this link

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/05/disneyland-resort-ticket-price-update/

disneychrista
05-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Holly Molly - $90 increase in the deluxe AP.

sonnyjane
05-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Holly Molly - $90 increase in the deluxe AP.

$150 for the Premium...

Feistygirl916
05-18-2012, 09:51 PM
Any word on the premier AP going up? I didn't see it on the list.

cmwade77
05-18-2012, 09:52 PM
Here is a thread about all of it:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2928429

I also want to know about the premier pass, I have asked about it myself.