PDA

View Full Version : Grocery Store question

Beca
05-15-2012, 09:45 PM
Soo.....we are heading out to DL, and will have a rental car. We are hoping to grab a few groceries from a reasonably priced store near DL. Does anyone have any suggestions?

TIA!!!

Beca

TaniaU
05-15-2012, 10:20 PM
I have no frame of reference for prices of grocery stores as they're all much cheaper than here :) But there's a Von's near by and also a Target near by.

nikkislaght
05-15-2012, 11:34 PM
We have used Von's in the past. It is Saefway in disguise so you can use your safeway card there.. load your coupons on the card before you go, and get all the same perks..

There is a Target , not sure if they do fresh food there..but they should do pantry staples. and milk..dairy etc..
and there is a Walmart, again not sure if they do the fresh foods, but you can get all the snacks you will need..

Beca
05-16-2012, 07:17 AM
Thanks!!

I'll probably look for Vons.

Beca

lk2500
05-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Thanks!!

I'll probably look for Vons.

Beca

We've tried a few different ones the past two times we've been there and the nicest one we found (if memory serves me correctly) was the Ralph's over on S. Brookhurst. That's also happens to be right down the street from the nearest In N Out burgers so we're over there a few times during our stay anyway ;)

Spelurker
05-16-2012, 12:17 PM
Are any of these places located on the east side of DLR? We're staying over near Angel Stadium is why I ask.

Beca
05-16-2012, 01:03 PM
We've tried a few different ones the past two times we've been there and the nicest one we found (if memory serves me correctly) was the Ralph's over on S. Brookhurst. That's also happens to be right down the street from the nearest In N Out burgers so we're over there a few times during our stay anyway ;)

Thank you....we'll try that!!

Beca

perlster
05-16-2012, 01:45 PM
FYI: To get "reasonable prices" at any of the 3 major Southern California chains, you will need an affinity card - aka "the club membership".

Spelurker
05-16-2012, 03:54 PM
So what is the affinity card "club membership"?
Thanks.

CrazyDuck
05-16-2012, 04:15 PM
Food-4-Less on katella is really cheap and only a couple blocks away... Go durring the day though because at night it is a little unseemly, which is strange since it is so close to the Land!

JoRo
05-16-2012, 07:47 PM
hi

We are renting a car in July first time with our small kids finally to boosters. We normally haul a bunch and have the grand cali put in refrig for us until room is ready.

We have also had Vons deliver and there is mini mart called Wonderland and they will deliver beer/wine/drinks to all the hotels.

We have gone to Food 4 less but its been about 5 years.

This trip we are flying into John Wayne and going to the nearest Trader Joes, then there are a couple of grocery stores on the way up Harbor and a costco. So this is closer then fullerton. We know taking harbor all the way up to disney will take a little bit longer but we also want to see whats in the area.

Good luck!

lk2500
05-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Food-4-Less on katella is really cheap and only a couple blocks away... Go durring the day though because at night it is a little unseemly, which is strange since it is so close to the Land!

My DW is particular about grocery stores. She liked Ralphs because it was clean, well lit, professional staff, etc... We had tried a few other stores in the area and DW didn't like them for various reasons.