PDA

View Full Version : Question about Paradise Pier hotel and BWPPI

disneyfreako
05-14-2012, 07:48 PM
My husband and I will be going to Disneyland Oct 5th-14th and I was wondering what you guys thought about hotel hopping. We were going to stay at the BWPPI Fri the 5th- Wed the 10th then try and stay 1 night at the Paradise Pier hotel (room with a view. trying to make it special) then back over to BWPPI until the 14th. The reason why we decided to stay there in the middle was because it's cheaper during the week and we can only afford to stay there for one night. (hoping it will be cheaper with our annual passes) My question is, has anyone ever done this and if you have done so before, how do you get over to the hotel (Paradise Pier) and then back over to our cheaper hotel? (BWPPI) Can we walk through security and downtown disney or should we just take the shuttle or some other kind of transportation? Sorry if this is a little confusing, but any help would be greatly appreciated! Just trying to make this trip special while still keeping it within our budget. :)

sonnyjane
05-14-2012, 07:54 PM
In my opinion, as a person that has stayed at Paradise Pier, I don't think it's worth the effort to move from one hotel to stay at PPH for ONE night, THEN move back to the other hotel. The PPH is arguably the least "magical" of the on-site properties. If you were starting at BWPPI and just wanted to finish your trip at PPH, I'd say sure, but to go there for just one night, then go back to BWPPI for several more nights after doesn't sound appealing to me, especially having stayed there before and not being very impressed.

If, however, you decide to do this, I would take a cab from BWPPI to PPH with your luggage. It seems excessive to walk that far through the esplanade, DTD, and GCH (the shortest way to get to PPH) with bags.

LisainCalifornia
05-14-2012, 08:19 PM
I personally think staying on property is always "worth it" so--if it has to be in the middle of a stay, then I say go for it. I have stayed at all the DL resort properties, and we actually REALLY liked the Paradise Pier. The rooms were big and sunny, and the view of California Adventure was great. We did pay for an upgraded room (overlooking Paradise Pier) which I recommend.

It may be hard to go back to BWPPI after that though...

I have done a split stay, but it has never been for just one night and then going back to the original hotel. That may indeed be too much trouble. I would be inclined to advise you to just stay at BWPPI this trip, and then go for a a few night stay at a DLR property at a different time.

bumbershoot
05-14-2012, 11:16 PM
PPH is my fave onsite hotel, but a move like that is going to be a bit of a pain. Then again, I do like split stays, LOL, so I do them even when they might be annoying. ;)

Yes take a taxi. Unless you are doing the moves *incredibly* early, you would have to go through bag check (security) with your luggage. Not fun! So take a taxi over there.

While choosing what day, I would strongly urge you to move so that you get a Magic Morning, which are included when staying onsite (and since I see you have APs, this would be extra special). If you are very early risers, you could go on a day that has MM, and get there so you can do the checkin process and stash your bags, and then get over for the Magic Morning. Otherwise, stay the night *before* the MM day, get your stuff stashed with bell services, and head over to the parks for MM! Then when you're done for the day, head back to PPH, call another taxi, get your stuff from bell services, and head back to the other hotel.