PDA

View Full Version : Transferring luggage?

ruthie
05-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Hi All
It's my first time posting over here on the Disneyland boards, so please be gentle with me!

We're staying 6 nights at GCH and then 6 at DLH. Just wondered if I can get my luggage moved by bell services or do I need to take it over myself?

TIA
:)

blackjackdelta
05-14-2012, 06:55 PM
My past experience is that I was told "I would have to move it myself". Asked on two different occasions.

Jack

Califgirl
05-14-2012, 07:41 PM
My experience was also that I had to move my luggage myself.

ruthie
05-15-2012, 01:19 AM
Thanks so much guys.
It's good to know this before I go.

Ruthie

disneegrl4eva
05-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Thanks so much guys.
It's good to know this before I go.

Ruthie

you're a wdw gal arent ya Ruthie???:goodvibes I dont know why we dont do that here...it would be nice but it might be that there just isnt much resort hopping that takes place at DL vs. wdw....

yensidfan99
05-15-2012, 07:44 PM
Last year we did a 4/4 split between GCH and DLH for the half-marathon and they transferred the luggage between the two hotels for us.

Just asked DW about it to make sure I was not having a false memory and she said oh yeah. The guy came up and got our luggage and then met us at DLH as we just walked right over and checked in.

We will be doing the same this year as I tend to bring more luggage than DW and DD when I bring all my running gear.

ruthie
05-16-2012, 09:12 AM
Yes I am a WDW girl! But that may all change after my visit to Walts park :)

Thanks all-I think I will just ask but be prepared to move it myself.

Thanks

DISHoppy
05-16-2012, 11:12 AM
I can only go by what a CM told me last week on the phone, but they stated that our bags could be moved by Bell Services from PPH to DLH for a Sat check in @ PPH and move to Sun @ DLH while we were in the parks. I was spwking with a DVC CM trying to figure out how best to book a night on points since we only have enough for one night, and Sat @ PPH was one of the options that was offered.

-Kevin

ruthie
05-17-2012, 03:51 AM
Hi All,

Thanks all for your replies. Hopefully there's a chance we'll get it moved. We are moving for exactly the same reason. We don't have enough points for 12 nights at GCH so are doing 6 there and 6 at DLH.

Thanks again

larina
05-17-2012, 07:11 AM
Remember, always finish at the better hotel, so the Grand in your case. Don't want to start with the best and downgrade half way through your trip (my kids would hate me, lol).

DISHoppy
05-17-2012, 07:44 AM
Hi All,

Thanks all for your replies. Hopefully there's a chance we'll get it moved. We are moving for exactly the same reason. We don't have enough points for 12 nights at GCH so are doing 6 there and 6 at DLH.

Thanks again

You may want to call the hotel front desk for Bell Services to confirm.

-Kevin