PDA

View Full Version : Carnation Cafe to Re-Open June 13th

ArchOwl
05-14-2012, 12:47 PM
From the Disney Parks Blog: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/05/carnation-cafe-reopens-june-13-at-disneyland-park/

Looks yummy!

disneegrl4eva
05-14-2012, 01:11 PM
From the Disney Parks Blog: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/05/carnation-cafe-reopens-june-13-at-disneyland-park/

Looks yummy!

omg they better not have taken away my turkey sandwich on the pretzel bread...

Babybears
05-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Wow, looks awesome!! Might have to now plan for a breakfast as well as a lunch/dinner!! Thanks for posting!

kailuagirl
05-14-2012, 01:36 PM
Thanks!! This is one of our favorite places to eat in the parks, it's a must do, and we love looking out for Oscar :)

nannyz
05-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Having breakfast at the Carnation is always a lovely experience.

ConnieB
05-14-2012, 03:06 PM
I happy to hear that Oscar will be returning! I was so worried that with the closing he'd have decided to finally take a well deserved (but not wanted by his fans!) retirement.

Every visit we MUST stop and say hello to Oscar....my kids have been hugging that man for more than a decade, lol. He doesn't remember their names, but several times he has remembered something about them or our last visit or whatever to make me marvel at his memory skills!

Back to finish reading to see when we can make reservations!

Goofy_Mom
05-14-2012, 03:48 PM
There will be a soft opening, too, according to Disney Dinning. A few days ago I called to see if there was an opening date so I could make resservations. The CM said they'll be opening the first week of June but not taking resservations, walk ups only. At the time, CC wasn't taking ANY resservations, but now that there is an offical opening date I'm willing to bet that they'll be taking resservations now.

Lissame
05-14-2012, 04:19 PM
I sent my e-mail reservation request (for July) an hour or so ago. I'll let you know if I hear back. I tried to make a reservation last week and the CM told me--soon, keep watching.

SilentFeline
05-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Thanks for sharing, ArchOwl! I'm so glad the baked potato soup and Oscar are coming back! :yay: The apple granola pancakes sound delicious. I can't wait until the entire revamped menu is available online for the public to view.

Lissame
05-14-2012, 06:29 PM
I just heard back via e-mail and have lunch reservations on July 7 and breakfast reservations on July 8, so get your requests in now!

ConnieB
05-14-2012, 06:37 PM
I just heard back via e-mail and have lunch reservations on July 7 and breakfast reservations on July 8, so get your requests in now!

I've got dinner on June 21 and breakfast on the 23rd.

isisisme
05-14-2012, 08:15 PM
We will be trying out the breakfast on June 15th. :) :cool1:

Astylla
05-15-2012, 01:36 AM
Very excited to have breakfast there on June 15th ! Made our reservations for 8am that Friday. Looking forward to an awesome start to the day there :)

DizFan13
05-15-2012, 09:06 AM
Thank you so much for this update. I am hoping that while they are making additions to the menu, they are not making subtractions. My DS would be devastated if he weren't able to have the Croissant Chicken sandwich. He skipped our last weekend trip, because when he found out that CC was closed, he said "what's the point?" :lmao:

ArchOwl
05-15-2012, 10:34 AM
Thank you so much for this update. I am hoping that while they are making additions to the menu, they are not making subtractions. My DS would be devastated if he weren't able to have the Croissant Chicken sandwich. He skipped our last weekend trip, because when he found out that CC was closed, he said "what's the point?" :lmao:

Well, if you read the comments on the link, they have taken some things off the menu. People asked specifically about the croissant Benedict and cinnamon roll French toast and the chicken pot pie. All have been removed from the menu. But maybe we can find new favorites. I loved the salad there, but am open to trying out a new one!

GrandBob
05-15-2012, 11:05 AM
Well, if you read the comments on the link, they have taken some things off the menu. People asked specifically about the croissant Benedict and cinnamon roll French toast and the chicken pot pie. All have been removed from the menu. But maybe we can find new favorites. I loved the salad there, but am open to trying out a new one!

Oh no! They took away my croissant Benedict?? :eek: Whatever am I going to do for breakfast? Oh well, I guess I'll have to try out something new on their menu. Life can be a challenge sometimes :rolleyes1

-Bob

WDWRookie2009
05-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Does anyone know the latest time for breakfast?

TIA !

DisSarahK
05-16-2012, 11:41 PM
omg they better not have taken away my turkey sandwich on the pretzel bread...

Lynn, that is what I eat *every* time we go--LOVE that sandwich!!

Eeee-va
05-16-2012, 11:58 PM
I don't think "edamame succotash" was one of Walt's favorites, LOL.

What's up with the fried chicken? I hope this doesn't mean a menu change is coming for the Plaza Inn. (I don't like bone-in chicken but I know that's a very beloved entree!)

bakerudall
05-17-2012, 08:38 AM
I am definitely trying that burger with the green chile and fried egg. :thumbsup2

MrsPinup
05-17-2012, 03:54 PM
Yay!

S. S. Columbia
06-14-2012, 09:56 AM
Andy Castro posted 14 photos of the Carnation Cafe:
http://micechat.com/5753-voices-of-liberty-debut-and-the-carnation-cafe-returns-to-disneyland/

Here are four of the 14 photos: :thumbsup2

A new awning gives extra shade for the outdoor seating
http://www.miceshots.com/usr/67/06-13-12-IMG_5977.jpg

The new indoor dining room:
http://www.miceshots.com/usr/67/06-13-12-IMG_6078.jpg

A look at the new lunch and dinner menu:
http://www.miceshots.com/usr/67/06-13-12-IMG_6017.jpg

Chef Oscar is back at home at the Carnation Cafe
http://www.miceshots.com/usr/67/06-13-12-IMG_6024.jpg

Photos and comments by Andy Castro:
http://micechat.com/5753-voices-of-liberty-debut-and-the-carnation-cafe-returns-to-disneyland/

:earsboy:

Anelise
06-14-2012, 10:43 AM
Does anyone know the latest time for breakfast?

TIA !

I would love to know that too! Don't want to waste precious early morning time in a restaurant!:goodvibes

pixiewings71
06-14-2012, 11:16 AM
OhEmGee they have fried pickles!! I'm so making a reservation for CC next month! LOL :) I like the new menu, it looks delish!!

bakerudall
06-14-2012, 11:30 AM
OhEmGee they have fried pickles!! I'm so making a reservation for CC next month! LOL :) I like the new menu, it looks delish!!

:thumbsup2

Also, has anyone had the PB&J soda on here? I'm trying to imagine what it would be like and I don't get it.

chrissiecutie
06-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Ive been going to DL for a LONG time and never eaten breakfast in the park. So on our last visit, we decided to try Carnation Cafe. I have to say that personally, I was a little disappointed. I felt that we got a MUCH better breakfast at MiMi's. It just doesn't make sense to me that they don't have Mickey shaped pancakes for the kiddos??:confused3

So I'm super excited to give them another try. I think we might do lunch or dinner this time though. And the fried pickles....I have GOT to try that!:thumbsup2

BTW- I got the recipe for the baked potato soup years ago from a fellow DISer and I've made several changes to the original recipe but I can say that it's super yummy! Its one of my boys favorites! I don't eat pork, so I can't have the one at the park but I can make DH order it!:laughing:

DLR29
06-14-2012, 01:09 PM

This was totally my reaction when I saw a pic on Twitter last night! I am so going just to have the pickles! :yay:

chrissiecutie
06-14-2012, 01:12 PM
This was totally my reaction when I saw a pic on Twitter last night! I am so going just to have the pickles! :yay:

Would it be terribly awful to go and just order pickles & soup??:laughing:

DisneytheKid
06-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Yum!

Looks yummy!

DisneytheKid
06-14-2012, 01:21 PM
Awesome!

Andy Castro posted 14 photos of the Carnation Cafe:

Here are four of the 14 photos: :thumbsup2

:earsboy:

hurleysweety
06-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Would it be terribly awful to go and just order pickles & soup??:laughing:

:rotfl2: Love it!

pixiewings71
06-14-2012, 01:39 PM
I'm loving how many of us are wanting to go just for the fried pickles......LOL :) Baked potato soup and fried pickles, sounds like a perfect meal to me! LOL

bakerudall
06-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Wouldn't the Car-Nation Cafe have been better suited to re-open in CarsLand? ;)

DisneyMomma81
06-14-2012, 02:48 PM
Fried Pickles!! We love 'em at TX Roadhouse!

chrissiecutie
06-14-2012, 02:48 PM
Wouldn't the Car-Nation Cafe have been better suited to re-open in CarsLand? ;)

Totally!:laughing:

But then again...what would we all do with Carnation on Main St??;)

disneegrl4eva
06-14-2012, 02:51 PM
I don't think "edamame succotash" was one of Walt's favorites, LOL.

:rotfl2::lmao:

BTW- I got the recipe for the baked potato soup years ago from a fellow DISer and I've made several changes to the original recipe but I can say that it's super yummy! Its one of my boys favorites! I don't eat pork, so I can't have the one at the park but I can make DH order it!:laughing:

yep me too...i got mine from oscar way back when but i havent really tweaked it..just added more cheese:goodvibes

does anybody have the breakfast menu ???? im not happy about losing the benedict croissant:sad:

cgh
06-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Is it correct to assume the kids menu has not changed? Or anyone have the new kids menu?

chrissiecutie
06-14-2012, 02:58 PM

yep me too...i got mine from oscar way back when but i havent really tweaked it..just added more cheese:goodvibes

does anybody have the breakfast menu ???? im not happy about losing the benedict croissant:sad:

I switched the bacon to organic turkey bacon & use half the amount called for. I also only use 1/4 of the cream called for...IMO, it just doesn't need it. I just add extra chicken broth instead- YUM & much better for you! ;)

I'm curious about the breakfast menu too & of course the kids menu. Maybe they have it on allears?

SilentFeline
06-14-2012, 03:12 PM

Is it correct to assume the kids menu has not changed? Or anyone have the new kids menu?

I switched the bacon to organic turkey bacon & use half the amount called for. I also only use 1/4 of the cream called for...IMO, it just doesn't need it. I just add extra chicken broth instead- YUM & much better for you! ;)

I'm curious about the breakfast menu too & of course the kids menu. Maybe they have it on allears?

The updated breakfast menu is on the Disneyland website. Here's the link: http://adisneyland.disney.go.com/media/dlr_v0200/en_US/parks/dining/menus/CarnationCafeBreakfast_0612.pdf

The kids breakfast and lunch/dinner menus are also on the Disneyland website, but the food and prices are the same as the old AllEars menu.

I did notice when comparing the AllEars menu to the new lunch/dinner menu that the loaded baked potato soup can now only be purchased as a cup. That's too bad. I will have to try to convince my boyfriend to share the turkey sandwich or the cheeseburger and get a cup of soup because I can't finish all of that food by myself.

spacemermaid
06-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Count me in as another who will most likely only get pickles & soup whilst there...pot pies & meatloaf stack (two of my all-time favorite meals in the Park) are no longer on the menu, and fancy meatloaf with edamame succotash just does not appeal to me at all :sad2:

kylie71
06-14-2012, 03:19 PM
I really loved the Pot Pie, in a pastry crust, it was yumm-O , too bad it's gone...
I was also interested in the dessert menu, since they we're supposed to bring back the old sundaes, I thought...?:confused3 I also have the recipe for the potato soup, it's very yummy on a cold day@

Lori

Started With a Mouse
06-14-2012, 03:30 PM
Nice to have the healthier entree salads and fish. Looking forward to these.

TwingleMum
06-14-2012, 03:46 PM

Would you share the recipe, please???

disneegrl4eva
06-14-2012, 04:09 PM
Ive been going to DL for a LONG time and never eaten breakfast in the park. So on our last visit, we decided to try Carnation Cafe. I have to say that personally, I was a little disappointed. I felt that we got a MUCH better breakfast at MiMi's. It just doesn't make sense to me that they don't have Mickey shaped pancakes for the kiddos??:confused3

So I'm super excited to give them another try.

well hey they have mickey shaped waffles:goodvibes:thumbsup2

chrissiecutie
06-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Count me in as another who will most likely only get pickles & soup whilst there...pot pies & meatloaf stack (two of my all-time favorite meals in the Park) are no longer on the menu, and fancy meatloaf with edamame succotash just does not appeal to me at all :sad2:

I'm not even sure what edamame succotash is? Sounds like something on the bottom of my shoe.:rotfl:

chrissiecutie
06-14-2012, 04:18 PM
well hey they have mickey shaped waffles:goodvibes:thumbsup2

Indeed they do....but DS was very unimpressed by them. I think DH ended up eating it.:laughing:

chrissiecutie
06-14-2012, 04:24 PM
Would you share the recipe, please???

I'll PM you!:goodvibes

lulubelle
06-14-2012, 08:27 PM
I'm not even sure what edamame succotash is? Sounds like something on the bottom of my shoe.:rotfl:

Succotash is lima beans and corn. So this would be edamame and corn. To me edamame is so much better than lima beans! Firmer, more flavor and good for you. I would really like that as a side dish. Pork in my meatloaf? Not so much. :confused:

The fried pickles sound like a must- try!:thumbsup2

CLPClarinet
06-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Anyone have a picture of the fried pickles? *pines*

Belle Ella
06-14-2012, 08:48 PM
We ate there yesterday on a whim and I was so close to ordering the pickles, but I didn't. I really wish I had. We did all try the PB&J Soda though. That was interesting. Not sure I'll order that ever. BUT the chocolate-cherry Coke is my new obsession. Love, love, loved it!

CLPClarinet
06-15-2012, 07:04 PM
bumping in the hopes of fried pickle pictures 8D

disneegrl4eva
06-15-2012, 10:23 PM
BUT the chocolate-cherry Coke is my new obsession. Love, love, loved it!

oooohhhhhhhhh:cloud9:...

TwingleMum
06-16-2012, 04:17 PM
We ate there yesterday on a whim and I was so close to ordering the pickles, but I didn't. I really wish I had. We did all try the PB&J Soda though. That was interesting. Not sure I'll order that ever. BUT the chocolate-cherry Coke is my new obsession. Love, love, loved it!

Could you describe the PB&J soda?? I can't imagine how you would make such a thing.

Belle Ella
06-16-2012, 05:02 PM
It's like drinking a grape sprite soda with a peanut butter after taste. No idea how they make it or how else to describe it.

jory29
06-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Puuuhleeease, someone post the fried pickles dish photo soon. If it is Panko, how is it deep fried? Is it just fried in a pan, or is their oil to make it stick? Is it similar to zucchini panko breaded spears? I'm trying to get a visual, since it will be at least a few years before we can go back.

CLPClarinet
06-16-2012, 06:01 PM
I found a good picture of the fried pickles!

http://www.mousewait.com/disneyland/chat_images/376278_c_img.jpg

TwingleMum
06-16-2012, 07:47 PM
I found a good picture of the fried pickles!

http://www.mousewait.com/disneyland/chat_images/376278_c_img.jpg

WOW not what I was expecting. I thought they would be more like chips not spears. Still I think I have to try one ...0r two

abbie13_15
06-17-2012, 09:15 AM
Is the baked potato soup for $5.49 now a cup...or is this a bowl? Mom and I split a whole sandwich and bowl of soup last year insead of each of us ordering the half sandwich/cup of soup and it was cheaper. Don't even see that option. Guessing they did away with thier soup/sandwich combo???

DizFan13
06-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Is the baked potato soup for $5.49 now a cup...or is this a bowl? Mom and I split a whole sandwich and bowl of soup last year insead of each of us ordering the half sandwich/cup of soup and it was cheaper. Don't even see that option. Guessing they did away with thier soup/sandwich combo???
It does seem they are only offering the cup, although I don't believe the price for the cup is significantly higher than it was before. DH has always enjoyed a bowl when we ate there in the past, and I think it was $8.49 or $8.99. That price for a cup seems the same to me.

longtimedisneylurker
06-17-2012, 11:19 AM
It does seem they are only offering the cup, although I don't believe the price for the cup is significantly higher than it was before. DH has always enjoyed a bowl when we ate there in the past, and I think it was $8.49 or $8.99. That price for a cup seems the same to me.

Previous soup price for a cup was $5.49 so that hasn't changed. The bowl was $8.49. Disappointed to see that the bowl has been removed from the menu since I used to get the bowl as my meal and share some with DH who didn't want his own cup anyway.

chrissiecutie
06-17-2012, 03:48 PM
WOW not what I was expecting. I thought they would be more like chips not spears. Still I think I have to try one ...0r two

Yeah, I was totally thinking these fried pickles would be like hamburger pickle slices, not spears. Oh well...I think I still need to try them.;)