PDA

View Full Version : Magic mornings EVERYDAY!!!

Susie63
05-14-2012, 12:39 PM
Wow!Resort guests will now get magic mornings everyday in both parks! That will be so awesome!

S. S. Columbia
05-14-2012, 12:44 PM
This link should work: :goodvibes

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/plan/early-entry.htm

Disneyland Magic Morning

Beginning 06/18/12, Disneyland Resort Hotel guests will be able to enjoy Magic Mornings EVERY
day!

In addition to the existing Magic Mornings at Disneyland Park, guests will be able to visit Disney
California Adventure 1 hour early on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

The Magic Morning schedule for those with 3 Day + Park Hopper Tickets will not change

Magic Morning gives you early entry to the park and is offered to on Sundays, Tuesdays,
Thursday and Saturdays; 1 hour prior to Disneyland Park’s opening.

If you have purchased a 3 Day + Park Hopper Ticket, you will receive one (1) Magic
Morning entry per ticket. Each person must have a valid multi-day admission ticket in
order to enter Disneyland Park. You will not be allowed into the park if you do not have a
current 3 Day + Park Hopper Ticket or if you have already used your Magic Morning on
the ticket you present.

Just present your tickets one hour prior to Disneyland’s scheduled opening.

The following attractions are currently open during Magic Morning but are subject to
change:

•Alice in Wonderland
•Astro Orbitor
•Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
•Disneyland Monorail System
•Dumbo the Flying Elephant
•Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
•Matterhorn Bobsleds
•King Arthur Carrousel
•Mad Tea Party
•Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
•Peter Pan's Flight
•Pinocchio's Daring Journey
•Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
•Snow White's Scary Adventure
•Space Mountain
•Star Tours: The Adventures Continue

The following restaurants are open during Magic Morning but are subject to change:

•Carnation Café
•Plaza Inn

The following stores are open during Magic Morning but are subject to change:

•Main Street Fruit Cart Fantasyland Mad Hatter
•Once Upon a Time
•Stroller Shop
•Little Green Men
•Disney Showcase
•"it's a small world" Toy Shop

Characters can be found during Magic Morning at the following locations:

•Town Square
•Plaza Inn

Source: http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/plan/early-entry.htm

:earsboy:

sonnyjane
05-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Weird that they give the list of everything that is open during MM in DL but not DCA. I'd like to know what will be open in DCA.

Susie63
05-14-2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks..not sure what happened there :confused3 I'll remove my link

ImTooExcitedToSleep
05-14-2012, 01:17 PM
Weird that they give the list of everything that is open during MM in DL but not DCA. I'd like to know what will be open in DCA.

As soon as that info comes in, we'll add that too.

pixiewings71
05-14-2012, 01:19 PM
I was hoping for AP MM...... :( We can't stay on-site (can't afford it) so I was hoping for something for AP holders.....I'll keep hoping. :)

ValpoCory
05-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Even more glad I am staying onsite. Great news.

3Minnies1Mickey
05-14-2012, 01:39 PM
I was hoping for AP MM...... :( We can't stay on-site (can't afford it) so I was hoping for something for AP holders.....I'll keep hoping. :)

Since I haven't seen any official announcement from Disney on any MM in DCA yet....I'd still hold out some hope.

AquaDame
05-14-2012, 01:40 PM

Ditto... even if there was a small surcharge or something, I would pay it! The prices of their hotels in CA are way higher - at least there are values in Orlando!

todzwife
05-14-2012, 01:40 PM
The link isn't working for me...

Is this summer only or indefinitely?

AquaDame
05-14-2012, 01:49 PM
The link isn't working for me...

Is this summer only or indefinitely?

No word on an end date...

"Beginning 06/18/12, Disneyland Resort Hotel guests will be able to enjoy Magic Mornings EVERY day!

In addition to the existing Magic Mornings at Disneyland Park, guests will be able to visit Disney California Adventure 1 hour early on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

The Magic Morning schedule for those with 3 Day + Park Hopper Tickets will not change"

Mary Jo
05-14-2012, 01:54 PM
This is even a better enticement to stay at the DLR hotels. I can see why they are doing this, and hold very little expectation that they will offer any type of similar deal to AP holders.

I think the enticement to AP holders are the AP exclusive events and discounts they have at the DL Resort.

Tenuviel
05-14-2012, 01:58 PM
I'm staying onsite for the first time in November, hope this is still valid then!

pixiewings71
05-14-2012, 02:06 PM

Since I haven't seen any official announcement from Disney on any MM in DCA yet....I'd still hold out some hope.

Ditto... even if there was a small surcharge or something, I would pay it! The prices of their hotels in CA are way higher - at least there are values in Orlando!

yes, as I said, I will keep hoping! :) And if they don't offer it I'll still be going. LOL :)

I'm staying onsite for the first time in November, hope this is still valid then!

Fingers crossed!!!

brenda1966
05-14-2012, 02:22 PM
I guess when you're spending 300, 400, and 500+ a night you deserve some extra perks. I just can't justify the costs of Paradise Pier at 300 a night when I can get Tropicana across the street for $129 a night. Boo! Carsland is just going to be a huge test of our endurance.

mochums
05-14-2012, 02:35 PM
space mountain isn't open during MM? i don't see it on the list above.

LuvLuvLuv
05-14-2012, 02:46 PM
I love this!!! I hope to finalize my October dates by the end of the month!!

S. S. Columbia
05-14-2012, 02:53 PM
space mountain isn't open during MM? i don't see it on the list above.
Yes, Space Mountain is open during MM. ::yes::

"It's A Small World" is on the list, but it usually isn't open during MM, unless it's the holiday version.

nannyz
05-14-2012, 02:53 PM
I wonder if this kind of thing -- extra perks if you pay exhorbitant prices -- is what Mr. Disney had in mind.

ImTooExcitedToSleep
05-14-2012, 02:56 PM
Yes, Space Mountain is open during MM. ::yes::

"It's A Small World" is on the list, but it usually isn't open during MM, unless it's the holiday version.

Fixing list.....

Thanks.

HydroGuy
05-14-2012, 02:57 PM
I wonder if this kind of thing -- extra perks if you pay exhorbitant prices -- is what Mr. Disney had in mind.Can you say Club 33? :rolleyes1

S. S. Columbia
05-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Fixing list.....

Thanks.
For completeness, you can also add the Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough. :earsboy:

ValpoCory
05-14-2012, 03:00 PM
I guess when you're spending 300, 400, and 500+ a night you deserve some extra perks. I just can't justify the costs of Paradise Pier at 300 a night when I can get Tropicana across the street for $129 a night. Boo! Carsland is just going to be a huge test of our endurance.

I'm paying $178.33 per night (which includes all taxes/fees) to stay at the Villas at Disney's Grand Californian in January 2013, by renting DVC points at $10/point. We get all the extra perks that full paying DLR guests get. Years ago, we figured out renting DVC points is the only way we'll ever go to Disney again, barring some last minute (<7 months out) trip where there isn't availability.

For us, it's the only way we could afford to stay on property.

hlbtimes2
05-14-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm paying $178.33 per night (which includes all taxes/fees) to stay at the Villas at Disney's Grand Californian in January 2013, by renting DVC points at $10/point. We get all the extra perks that full paying DLR guests get. Years ago, we figured out renting DVC points is the only way we'll ever go to Disney again, barring some last minute (<7 months out) trip where there isn't availability.

For us, it's the only way we could afford to stay on property.

Can you either post or pm me some info on how to go about doing this? Sounds interesting to me!

Pesky
05-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Can you either post or pm me some info on how to go about doing this? Sounds interesting to me!

I was thinking the same thing! I hear about renting DVC points and have heard of sites but not really sure how it works, costs, etc. Any info would be great! TIA!

HydroGuy
05-14-2012, 03:17 PM

I was thinking the same thing! I hear about renting DVC points and have heard of sites but not really sure how it works, costs, etc. Any info would be great! TIA!

See this forum on DIS:

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7

walk23
05-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Wow!Resort guests will now get magic mornings everyday in both parks! That will be so awesome!

Is this actually what the announcement means? I'm reading it that with the MM at DCA, they are now available everyday at either one park or the other. SSTTh at DL and MWF at DCA?:confused3

subtchr
05-14-2012, 03:20 PM
Is this actually what the announcement means? I'm reading it that with the MM at DCA, they are now available everyday at either one park or the other. SSTTh at DL and MWF at DCA?:confused3

That's how I read it, too.

Also, I trust the DIS, but the official park site has hours up through June 25, and they do not yet indicate any MMs available at DCA. So what is the source of the info?

ValpoCory
05-14-2012, 03:35 PM
See this forum on DIS:

Thanks HydroGuy. I've helped several families at my church through the DVC rental process. All are hooked now and couldn't believe how much money they were saving by renting.

Renting gets you the best of the DVC (namely, the "Deluxe" accommodation at prices between WDW value and moderate hotel rates) without any of the timeshare obligation of the DVC.

ImTooExcitedToSleep
05-14-2012, 03:43 PM

walk23 is correct.

brenda1966
05-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Renting of points certainly brings the price down a bit. Grand CA looks to be 84 points during my stay, so at $10 a point that's 840 -- I have no idea about taxes and fees. It's still almost double my Tropicana which is $450 total with taxes. I'm not sure a magic morning is worth $400 extra dollars. I certainly don't earn $200 an hour -- I wish! :)

Pesky
05-14-2012, 03:47 PM
See this forum on DIS:

Thanks!

Susie63
05-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Yes ,one park or the other.I guess the thread title is a little confusing. That is why I added the link...that didn't work:rolleyes2

Spelurker
05-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Does this meant that you can use the single day MM that you get with the four day parkhopper pass on any day after 6/18 ?
Or is it still just on designated dates.

Susie63
05-14-2012, 04:18 PM
Renting of points certainly brings the price down a bit. Grand CA looks to be 84 points during my stay, so at $10 a point that's 840 -- I have no idea about taxes and fees. It's still almost double my Tropicana which is $450 total with taxes. I'm not sure a magic morning is worth $400 extra dollars. I certainly don't earn $200 an hour -- I wish! :)

It is rare to get points at $10 for GCV.I am paying $12 a point.....and there are no guarantees. I may show up in California and the owner may have cancelled my reservation.Renting privately is not for everyone and if you go through a points vendor it will be $13 a point.

Susie63
05-14-2012, 04:22 PM
I may be reading this wrong but I understand it as only resort guests will have mm at DCA.

ValpoCory
05-14-2012, 04:26 PM

There are no extra taxes and fees with DVC rental transactions. They are part of the $10/point cost that you paypal to the owner.

ValpoCory
05-14-2012, 04:31 PM
It is rare to get points at $10 for GCV.I am paying $12 a point.....and there are no guarantees. I may show up in California and the owner may have cancelled my reservation.Renting privately is not for everyone and if you go through a points vendor it will be $13 a point.

At DVC Rental Store . com, "Rentals of 50-124 points - $12.50/point Rentals of 125+ points - $12.00/point." So it's a little cheaper there if Private transactions are not for you.

But if you have any "Fraud-meter" at all, you can tell trustworthy prospective owners and shouldn't be timid about going privately for cheaper rates, at least not any more timid than you would be on an ebay transaction. There are about 10 different things I look for before I send them money, from looking up their timeshare ownership records at the hotel they claim to own at, down to whether they have a Facebook page, and a whole bunch in between. Plus, you can always charge the Paypal transaction to your credit card and be fraud protected on the money.

If time is on your side (i.e. the 7 month window is not approaching), I've never had a problem finding $10/point renters (done it 4 times for either me or friends and paid either $9.50 or $10 each time). Although I will admit I had to be much more patient in finding a $10/point VGC owner vs. finding Florida BWV/BCV/BLT $10/point or less owners. It took me about a month to find one at VGC vs. a day or two each time for Florida. It was easy to find a $12/point owner at the VGC. Those came out immediately, and I would have said yes had my 7 month window been approaching. But I had time on my side and declined those, and held out for a $10/point owner.

ValpoCory
05-14-2012, 05:04 PM

I'd be surprised if this wasn't as permanent as Disneyland MM.

rramstad
05-14-2012, 05:17 PM
Does this meant that you can use the single day MM that you get with the four day parkhopper pass on any day after 6/18 ?
Or is it still just on designated dates.

No. Read the announcement, it is a bit confusing, but the additional morning hours at DCA are only available to resort guests.

So, if you have a four day park hopper pass (or any pass for that matter) and are staying ON SITE in a Disney hotel, sure, you have access to MM every single day.

If you have a four day hopper pass, and are staying off site, you get one Disneyland MM.

ImTooExcitedToSleep
05-14-2012, 06:26 PM
Let me see if I can confuse you all a little more. :confused3

The early entry benefit for those staying in Good Neighbor hotels that add a 3+ day park hopper to their package will continue to be know as Magic Morning (with the current benefits as we know them).

Disneyland Resort Hotel guests will receive early entry benefits that will be known as Extra Magic Hour, with early entry for both DL (TTSS) and DCA (MWF) on specific days.

I'm sure that cleared everything up. :rotfl2:

CrazyDuck
05-14-2012, 07:50 PM

The early entry benefit for those staying in Good Neighbor hotels that add a 3+ day park hopper to their package will continue to be know as Magic Morning (with the current benefits as we know them).

Disneyland Resort Hotel guests will receive early entry benefits that will be known as Extra Magic Hour, with early entry for both DL (TTSS) and DCA (MWF) on specific days.

I'm sure that cleared everything up. :rotfl2:

Do you know if EMH's allow access to the whole park?

ImTooExcitedToSleep
05-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Do you know if EMH's allow access to the whole park?

I have an email in to see what else I can find out.

perlster
05-14-2012, 08:25 PM

You're off to a fine start. :smokin:

I trust you don't mean to imply that "bonus" park hoppers of 3+ days won't include a Magic Morning unless they were purchased with a reservation at a Good Neighbor Hotel

ImTooExcitedToSleep
05-14-2012, 08:31 PM

You're off to a fine start. :smokin:

I trust you don't mean to imply that "bonus" park hoppers of 3+ days won't include a Magic Morning unless they were purchased with a reservation at a Good Neighbor Hotel

Sorry about that. It was "breaking news"....report now...try to beat the other fan sites...figure out the details later. :rolleyes1

The info I received was from the travel agency side of things, so it just mentioned the hotels. I'm sure it will apply to the "bonus" park hoppers also.

sweethannah
05-14-2012, 08:58 PM
So... if you have a 6 day park hopper and are staying off site you would normally get 1 MM to use at Disneyland

Can that MM now be used at DCA instead of DL?

ImTooExcitedToSleep
05-14-2012, 09:03 PM
So... if you have a 6 day park hopper and are staying off site you would normally get 1 MM to use at Disneyland

Can that MM now be used at DCA instead of DL?

Nope.

The change only applies to those staying at the Disneyland Resort Hotels.

sweethannah
05-14-2012, 09:55 PM
Ok... might been a small break in crowds for those at DL the DCA MM days.

NewbieMouse
05-14-2012, 10:25 PM
Just so I understand it, the only real difference is the addition of the DCA magic mornings on MWF, right? Before, if you stayed on site, you could also go to MM every day it was offered.... am I way off target? :confused3

Mary Jo
05-14-2012, 10:28 PM
Just so I understand it, the only real difference is the addition of the DCA magic mornings on MWF, right? Before, if you stayed on site, you could also go to MM every day it was offered.... am I way off target? :confused3

You are correct. :)

ValpoCory
05-14-2012, 10:34 PM

If the choice is Tropicana for $450 with one magic morning or Tropicana for $840 with all the Extra Magic Hour mornings, I choose Tropicana for $450 every time. The "get into all the Extra Magic Hour mornings" perk is a footnote in the reasons why I would choose to pay $178 per night at the VGC (6 nights, 107 points, $10/point).

Being able to stay onsite allows for a certain level of Disney immersion that you can't get offsite. This is similar to the decision to stay onsite at WDW. It's just easier to get away from it all, in our opinion. For us, staying onsite means I won't rent a car at all. I would likely rent a car at a good neighbor hotel, even if it was super close to the parks.

Then there is a bunch of other smaller things, like being able to enter the park early during the Extra Magic Hours on the monorail, or use the private entrance to DCA, or getting unlimited Extra Magic Hours entry, to being more likely to explore Downtown Disney, to going on Grizzly River Run and walking a short distance to the VGC to change clothes, etc.

8lovesmickey
05-14-2012, 10:36 PM
I decided to splurge and stay at the Disneyland Hotel at the end of June - this makes it even more exciting! I'm hoping they open Cars Land early as part of this...

I can't wait to see all the refurb of the hotel, too - I last stayed at the DLH in 2007.

:cool1:

ValpoCory
05-14-2012, 10:57 PM
I decided to splurge and stay at the Disneyland Hotel at the end of June - this makes it even more exciting! I'm hoping they open Cars Land early as part of this...

I can't wait to see all the refurb of the hotel, too - I last stayed at the DLH in 2007.

:cool1:

The main reason they are doing Extra Magic Hour at DCA is Cars Land, so you can rest easy.