PDA

View Full Version : 2 days in Disney Land Paris, WWYD?

drakethib
05-14-2012, 06:26 AM
If you had two days to spend in DLP with a 6 year old, what are the must see / do items?

Thanks !

k5jmh
05-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Drake, I would hit the following:

In the Magic Kingdom:
Pirates
Phantom Manor (and ride 3 or 4 times so that you can see all the differences).
Space Mountain 2 (DW said I turned green after we road it)
The Nautilus
The Dragon under the Castle
Disneyland RR (do it early because it gets crazy long lines)
Small World
Peter Pan (although we said if there was one thing we would give to DLPR from the US was WD-40 because ride squeaked and creaked. Oh, and escalators. The hotel had none.)
Big thunder Mountain RR. It was much longer
...The big thing at MK is to soak in how much detail there is. It is amazing. The brick paved Main Street is just amazing, and all of the little touches everywhere.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/319682_1976007475985_1117025522_31757721_297923742 _n.jpg

Disney Studios might be more your 6 year old's speed. Lots of kids rides, a Car's Land and Pixar everywhere. Do not miss Cinemagique. I wanted to see it but it was down for refurbishment. I was not overly impressed with the Disney Studios.

Also, walk into the Disneyland Hotel and take a big whiff of the air.

Mndisneygirl
05-14-2012, 01:41 PM
We were just there in March and I would add the casey Jr. train, storybook boat ride at Disneyland. We LOVED the BTMRR, Phantom Manor and Pirates there!

At the Studios, I would guess a 6 yr old would love the Pixar area - lots of fun there. The shows were pretty cool that we saw - Cinemagique and Animagique. Don't waste your time on the backlot tour - less there to see than the one at DHS in WDW. We found it boring.

drakethib
05-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Thanks All !

belle41379
05-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Definitely hit Crush's Coaster if your 6yo is tall enough. AMAZING ride!

drakethib
05-15-2012, 06:25 PM
Thanks again all.

IS there a lot of smoking in the parks? (ok maybe a lame question to some, but my allergies give me grief from cigarette smoke)

k5jmh
05-15-2012, 07:29 PM
Thanks again all.

IS there a lot of smoking in the parks? (ok maybe a lame question to some, but my allergies give me grief from cigarette smoke)

Yes, and there is no concept of "personal space."

brer_rabbit
05-16-2012, 09:11 AM
Definitely the Crush Coaster!! :thumbsup2

Cafe Mickey in the Downtown Disney area is fun - lots of characters and during the meal they get you up to do some dancing :goodvibes They don't always have queues for the characters in the parks so this would be a good way for your child to meet Mickey and co. without any pushing and shoving!