PDA

View Full Version : Help with planning please

nannyz
05-13-2012, 09:42 AM
We will be at DLR in mid-July from Wednesday thru Tuesday, with 6-day hoppers so one of those days we will not be in the parks.
My questions:
Which of those days will be the best to take off to avoid massive crowds?
Which of those days will be the best to do Cars Land?
(We will definitely be in the parks on Friday, doing BBB in the morning and AG for lunch).
Thank you so much.

tlovesdis
05-13-2012, 10:27 AM
The busiest day will most likely be Saturday! That would be a great day to take off and go shopping in DTD, swimming at your hotel, lunch in dtd, maybe a movie at the AMC, etc...

As for Carsland, since it will still be so new I would imagine it will be busy no matter when you go!

I'm mikey
05-13-2012, 11:16 AM
Which of those days will be the best to take off to avoid massive crowds?
saturdays tend to be the most crowded day of the week.

Which of those days will be the best to do Cars Land?
I imagine Cars Land will be crowded all summer long. I would be at DCA at park opening and head strait for Cars Land.

nannyz
05-13-2012, 03:20 PM
Thanks. I was thinking Saturday would be bad too but I thought HydroGuy had said that after CarsLand opened Saturday might be better (something about the locals or something.)

ArchOwl
05-13-2012, 04:11 PM
Thanks. I was thinking Saturday would be bad too but I thought HydroGuy had said that after CarsLand opened Saturday might be better (something about the locals or something.)

If I remember correctly, that had to do with June dates. In June, the higher level So Cal AP is unblocked Sun-Tues. With the huge demand to see Carsland, it is possible that those unblocked days in June could be busier than some of the blocked weekends. Although, it is hard to speculate at this point.

By the time you visit in July, both levels of SoCal AP will be blocked. Therefore, I would avoid Saturday if it were me. Have fun! :goodvibes