PDA

View Full Version : Need scooter recs for mom

disneydreamin247
05-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Last time we rented from a place that was pretty cheap, but the ECV died more than a few times. This time my dad won't be along to help us out if that should happen so I want to get one I know will last. We weren't doing MAJOR touring last time either. We would get to the parks early and were out of them by 12 or 1. Does anyone have a place they use that has reliable ECVs?

Piper
05-12-2012, 07:50 PM
I have used Apple and Walkers. Didn't have problems with either one.

Post 2 of the disAbilities FAQs has information about off-site rental companies.

sjs314
05-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Hey Dani

I rented from Apple and had no problems . When we would return to the room in the afternoons I did put it on charge as well as over night. Most times I ran it for 5-6 hours at a time in the parks.

I also noticed any places have plugs outside that you can use to charge while eating or shopping. Kouzzina's and the Screen Door at the BW come to mind.

canopynut66
05-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Last time we rented from a place that was pretty cheap, but the ECV died more than a few times. This time my dad won't be along to help us out if that should happen so I want to get one I know will last. We weren't doing MAJOR touring last time either. We would get to the parks early and were out of them by 12 or 1. Does anyone have a place they use that has reliable ECVs?

Have to be on EVC and I call walkers before leave home and it is at the resort when we arrive. have never had a problem with them. now sometimes the bus drivers will move the knob on the back so they can park a EVC and they do not move it back to position and then scooter will not operate ----:confused3 the drivers actually are not to do this but in their defense they only trying to help speed up the process :cheer2: as some cannot park EVC themselves.

runningjusme
05-13-2012, 02:56 AM
I just booked my scooter today - this will be my 3rd time using Scooter Vacations http://www.ScootOrlando.com/ they are reasonably priced, last all day in the park (8-10 hours) and they deliver to the resort.

could not recommend them any more! fabulous service.

disneydreamin247
05-13-2012, 09:11 AM
Thanks everyone!

Sheila I never even thought to charge it in the parks! That's a great idea.

sjs314
05-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Thanks everyone!

Sheila I never even thought to charge it in the parks! That's a great idea.

I read about doing that on the DIS

They mentioned if you do not see a receptacle ask a CM as they are at various locations.

disneydreamin247
05-13-2012, 01:01 PM
I read about doing that on the DIS

They mentioned if you do not see a receptacle ask a CM as they are at various locations.

That's such a fantastic idea. If I have to push my mom and her ECV back this will be me :furious: ::yes::

StregaNona
05-18-2012, 11:48 AM
I have been very happy with Walker Mobility over the years. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the scooters have been reliable. We charge it at night, and it goes all day the next day.

GrammyJudy
05-22-2012, 09:02 AM
I use Apple and have had great experiences with them...runs all day and once I even forgot to dharge it overnight so it ran 2 full days. They have an easy website to book it on too.