PDA

View Full Version : Military Salute activation

Karenann*
05-12-2012, 11:44 AM
My Marine nephew will be with us for the time he can for our Aug. trip. He will come after work in the evenings and for the weekend. My question is if he gets the $99 Salute tickets for us does he need to activate them in the AM with us as we go in? We plan on spending all day there before he gets there. He has an AP.

Angel Ariel
05-12-2012, 12:04 PM
He will need to activate them prior to your first entry. He can get them activated the night before you go in to the parks if the morning of isn't possible, but they do need the MM to activate them prior to first entry.

Karenann*
05-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Thank you for the info! He is coming to dinner with us the eve we get there and then back again the next evening to join us for the parks. In and out til he is off for the whole weekend.

sonnyjane
05-12-2012, 12:54 PM
I just wanted to mention something that might be a possible snag. One of the rules of the Salute tickets is that one of them must be for the service member or their spouse directly. If he has an AP and won't be buying a ticket, they may not let him buy them for the rest of you. I encountered this at my local base because I had an AP.

Karenann*
05-12-2012, 01:14 PM
hmmm...thanks SonnyJane. He may have to purchase a ticket for himself as well...
We just don't want to get surprised and will plan to purchase on line if need be.

nikkislaght
05-12-2012, 04:49 PM
v

disneegrl4eva
05-12-2012, 05:36 PM
I just wanted to mention something that might be a possible snag. One of the rules of the Salute tickets is that one of them must be for the service member or their spouse directly. If he has an AP and won't be buying a ticket, they may not let him buy them for the rest of you. I encountered this at my local base because I had an AP.

i was concerned about this too originally so a few weeks ago I called and spoke to a CM and they said it doesnt matter whether they have an AP or not...just as long as they are with us to activate the tickets they are good...because if you think about it....if they live down in so cal...they would have an AP and wouldnt need to buy tickets and it doesnt say that you have to purchase your own ticket and cant use AP....now at the base it might be different story but you can buy the tickets at the ticket booth at DL so please dont scare me...my 5 yo grandson will be crushed if that happens:sad1:

ok i was seriously scared:scared1: :rotfl: so I called and spoke to a CM and she validated what I said....she said that if you get them through the base they will not honor the AP but doing it at DL itself there will be no problem...WHEW!!!:scared:

disneegrl4eva
05-12-2012, 06:27 PM
He will need to activate them prior to your first entry. He can get them activated the night before you go in to the parks if the morning of isn't possible, but they do need the MM to activate them prior to first entry.

im curious though...how can you get the ticket activated the night before...isnt it activated at the turnstyle?

subtchr
05-12-2012, 08:12 PM
im curious though...how can you get the ticket activated the night before...isnt it activated at the turnstyle?

I can't be sure of the exact answer to your question, but I just picked up our vouchers for the military salute tickets at our base ITT office yesterday. It is those vouchers we take to a guest services window or turnstyle to actually get our tickets. So I'm sure we could get the tickets using the vouchers, but not enter the turnstyle (Which is what you would be doing the night before).

In fact, we will be arriving early afternoon after a flight from Ohio, and three of us will be using tickets that afternoon and evening, but the fourth person in our party will not be arriving in the parks until the next day. We were told we could pick up all 4 tickets (my DH, the military retiree, will be with us), and just not use hers at the turnstyle until she arrives the next day.

disneegrl4eva
05-12-2012, 08:44 PM
I can't be sure of the exact answer to your question, but I just picked up our vouchers for the military salute tickets at our base ITT office yesterday. It is those vouchers we take to a guest services window or turnstyle to actually get our tickets. So I'm sure we could get the tickets using the vouchers, but not enter the turnstyle (Which is what you would be doing the night before).

In fact, we will be arriving early afternoon after a flight from Ohio, and three of us will be using tickets that afternoon and evening, but the fourth person in our party will not be arriving in the parks until the next day. We were told we could pick up all 4 tickets (my DH, the military retiree, will be with us), and just not use hers at the turnstyle until she arrives the next day.

ah ok...that makes sense:)