PDA

View Full Version : Can we make a dinner out of Trader Sam's apps?

bibbidibobbidibecky
05-11-2012, 04:09 PM
I'd love to go eat here and hang out for a bit. Do you think we could make it a dinner with several apps? We have three kids...

TIA!

PryncessChrysty
05-11-2012, 04:14 PM
Yes, I'm sure you could - just depends on what appeals to you really, though. However, they share outdoor seating with the Tangaroa Terrace and the ambiance is just lovely. So if you wanted something a little more hearty (like a sandwich or a platter), then you could order food over at the Tangaroa Terrace and sit on the lounge side to order drinks. We did this about a week ago and had a very nice evening. :goodvibes

sonnyjane
05-11-2012, 04:14 PM
It might get pricey depending on how much you each eat. Here is the menu in case you haven't looked at it: http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/men_tsam.htm

Just wanted to make sure you were aware that guests under 21 are only allowed before 8:00 PM, so make sure you're there early enough to be finished by then!

bibbidibobbidibecky
05-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Thank you. I saw that about the other restaurant but it looks like we want to be in the lounge to see all the fun. I suppose we will figure it out when we go.

WaltsMartini
05-11-2012, 09:20 PM
I had a flatbread there and it served as dinner - and was delicious!

Just a warning, Trader Sams is really neat, but it is SMALL - so depending on how active your kids are, they won't have much room to get up and move around.

You could probably go in, ask the bartender what drink to order to create a "storm" (different drinks create different "effects"), and enjoy the show then eat and drink outside - the deck is really nice and open.

bibbidibobbidibecky
05-11-2012, 09:41 PM
I had a flatbread there and it served as dinner - and was delicious!

Just a warning, Trader Sams is really neat, but it is SMALL - so depending on how active your kids are, they won't have much room to get up and move around.

You could probably go in, ask the bartender what drink to order to create a "storm" (different drinks create different "effects"), and enjoy the show then eat and drink outside - the deck is really nice and open.

Great suggestion...thank you!

Goofy_Mom
05-12-2012, 02:00 PM
You can have dinner inside Trader Sams. Yes, it is VERY tiny. We went for lunch, there was maybe two other people inside besides us and the two CMs. Kids shared a flat bread pizza, I had a burger of some sort with sweet potatoe fries. Very tasty, all of it. I'm not a fan of sweet potatoe fries, but these were actually pretty good. I only order one adult beverage, they pack a good punch.

bibbidibobbidibecky
05-12-2012, 02:33 PM
You can have dinner inside Trader Sams. Yes, it is VERY tiny. We went for lunch, there was maybe two other people inside besides us and the two CMs. Kids shared a flat bread pizza, I had a burger of some sort with sweet potatoe fries. Very tasty, all of it. I'm not a fan of sweet potatoe fries, but these were actually pretty good. I only order one adult beverage, they pack a good punch.

How did you order a burger? I didn't see that on the Allears menu, so unless they changed it, how did you do that? Where there other entree options? Thanks!

Riniel
05-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Hi, just wanted to add that I went with a friend last week and ordered the Pu Pu Platter, which consisted of 3 chicken wings, 3 pork "wings", about 15 longbeans, and a small scoop of slaw. Now that was perfect for an afternoon snack for us two girls, but I think for $15.99 you can find many other options at DL that include a lot more food! If you're feeding a family, be careful what you order :) I do believe that you can order off the Tangaroa Terrace menu and eat it at Trader Sam's, but I've never tried it myself. If so, that would be a much more cost-effective option.

Goofy_Mom
05-12-2012, 05:02 PM
How did you order a burger? I didn't see that on the Allears menu, so unless they changed it, how did you do that? Where there other entree options? Thanks!

I was on the menu at Trader Sams. It was really good, too. It had pinapple on it and some sort of BBQ sauce.

I asked if we could order off the Tangora Terrace menu @Trader Sams, my server said no. However, I've heard that you can order off both menus if your in the outside area between the two eateries.

bibbidibobbidibecky
05-12-2012, 05:36 PM
I wonder since we will have the kids if we should just go for an afternoon snack/drinks on our DTD day instead. This sounds like a better option with our youngin's from what I'm reading here. Plus we are vegetarian so our options are even more limited but I do
Want to check the place out!

GrandBob
05-12-2012, 07:30 PM
I asked if we could order off the Tangora Terrace menu @Trader Sams, my server said no. However, I've heard that you can order off both menus if your in the outside area between the two eateries.

Technically true, I guess. You can't order off Tangaroa menu while in Trader Sams. But you can go next door to Tangaroa, order food, and they'll deliver next door to Trader Sam's if you tell them that's where you're at. When we were inside Trader Sam's in Feb, the couple at the next table had food delivered from Tangaroa while we all sat there. Looked good!

-Bob

nunzia
05-13-2012, 07:55 AM
Staying 6 nights at DLH in August (killer D23 deal) and can't wait to explore both of those places further. We went once when there last year, but just had one lunch and never made it into Trader Sams..I had the flatbread pizza..delish..and my friend had some sort of ribs which no longer seem to be on the menu. Not surprised since, while my friend said they were tasty, the portion size was quite small and the price quite high.