PDA

View Full Version : DD13 in a wheelchair - any issues in attending an educational series class?

Lisab372
05-08-2012, 07:55 AM
She would like to attend a youth educational series program, particularly the energy and waves class. Has anyone attended any of these classes and would being in a wheelchair impede any of the behind the scenes activities?

clanmcculloch
05-08-2012, 08:13 AM
I think Energy and Waves is the one we attended. We don't use a wheelchair but there was one particular area where I do recall that there would be an issue. In the class, you go inside Haunted Mansion (inside meaning behind the scenes where they show you how the ballroom works). There are things which need to be stepped over and if I remember correctly there are even a couple steps just to get in the back door. It was also fairly narrow if I recall though I wasn't looking around with the thought of "will a wheelchair fit in here" so I honestly can't remember if it would be wide enough for a chair or not. The rest of the class would absolutely be accessible but honestly, that was one of my kids' favourite parts of the class.

I would contact the YES office and ask how the Haunted Mansion portion of the class would be handled for a child in a wheelchair.

Lisab372
05-08-2012, 09:09 AM
Thank you, clanmcculloch!