PDA

View Full Version : Share question .. to buy or not to buy

tiggerifictiggers
05-01-2012, 10:04 AM
Hello fellow Disney peeps I'm in a dilemma and wondered what you'd all do.

I've decided to take the plunge and become a Euro Disney shareholders :banana:

Went to purchase shares today as Halifax are doing commission for 4.95 instead of their usual 11.95 but for today only! International / European shares could be traded up to 9.00pm tonight except it's some Labour Day bank holiday so the market is now closed ARGH!

I spoke to a representative and they said if I left an order today I will still be entitled to the May Day offer but may not be guaranteed tomorrow's best price.

So my question to you is this ... do I leave an order and benefit from the 7 discount not knowing what the share price will be on market opening tomorrow or do I keep an eye on the market tomorrow and place tomorrow paying the 11.95 commission. Basically for 20 shares what do you think my chances are of saving over 7 tomorrow?

Shares closed today at €4.07 with exchange rate of 121.09 so 20 shares would work out including the commission offer price 84.11 (if I'd be able to buy today)

Any help would be great :thumbsup2

adr2.8i
05-01-2012, 10:15 AM
i would place an order now and save yourself the 7 there share price wont be much difference tomorrow im sure.

i bought 20 shares in march @ 4.30 and had to pay the 11.95 commision at a cost of 91 i think , so i would buy them now.

tiggerifictiggers
05-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Excellent .. I was leaning that way so that's just given me that extra push. Thanks ever so much :thumbsup2

jothp
05-01-2012, 04:09 PM
A bit late now but I would have done the same. Share prices are unlikely to go up enough to cost more than an extra 7!

tiggerifictiggers
05-03-2012, 07:33 AM
Thanks all.

All sorted -- total price for the 20 shares worked out 71.13 in the end :thumbsup2

aliscrapper
05-03-2012, 07:46 AM
Thanks all.

All sorted -- total price for the 20 shares worked out 71.13 in the end :thumbsup2

Sounds like you got them at a bargain price :banana:; I think we paid 81 ish about a month ago for 20 shares.

tiggerifictiggers
05-03-2012, 07:52 AM
No idea how or why and am got totally confused but I'm certainly not complaining and it definately says 20 :woohoo: All I know is I had to put 100 into my Halifax share account and today I drew out 28.87 meaning with cost of shares, exchange rate AND their commission it cost me a total of 71.13 :yay:

aliscrapper
05-03-2012, 08:08 AM
No idea how or why and am got totally confused but I'm certainly not complaining and it definately says 20 :woohoo:

Know the feeling - the whole process confused the hell out of me! I think the share price has gone down since we purchased them at about 4 Euros a share; altho someone who purchased them some months' back said that they were at 8 Euros a share when they purchased them!

All I know is I had to put 100 into my Halifax share account and today I drew out 28.87 meaning with cost of shares, exchange rate AND their commission it cost me a total of 71.13 :yay:

When I purchased the shares on-line it didn't seem to charge me commission and the guy from Halifax confirmed that all charges had been applied to the account; so was thinking that maybe the commission and share cost was lumped together??:confused3 We had about 20 left in my sharedealing account so was just leaving it there in case I was at a later date charged a commission?? Wondering whether it would be safe to withdraw the 20 left in my account??

tiggerifictiggers
05-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Confusing isn't the word -- to make matters harder the international market was although open it was Labour Day on Tuesday so the european market had closed early and for me to still benefit from Halifax's commission discount I had to place a LIMIT ORDER -- as if placing a normal one wasn't confusing enough!!! Think I had a constant direct link web chat that day :rotfl2:

Oh I would say you are more than safe to withdraw what's left in your sharedealing account -- they took everything that I owed immediately when when the trade went through so yep I'd say defo withdraw it and get it back in your bank account :thumbsup2

aliscrapper
05-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Confusing isn't the word -- to make matters harder the international market was although open it was Labour Day on Tuesday so the european market had closed early and for me to still benefit from Halifax's commission discount I had to place a LIMIT ORDER -- as if placing a normal one wasn't confusing enough!!! Think I had a constant direct link web chat that day :rotfl2:

Oh no! What a nightmare! Glad you got your shares sorted in the end - is nice to think that you own a little bit of Mickey!!:cool1:

Oh I would say you are more than safe to withdraw what's left in your sharedealing account -- they took everything that I owed immediately when when the trade went through so yep I'd say defo withdraw it and get it back in your bank account :thumbsup2

I think I will withdraw it - thanks:thumbsup2 - is another 20 towards our holiday which is in 32 days time - not that I'm counting!!!:rotfl2:

tiggerifictiggers
05-03-2012, 09:34 AM
...our holiday which is in 32 days time - not that I'm counting!!!:rotfl2:

Not that I'm jealous MUCH!! :rotfl2: How long you going for? I have to wait til October and only have 2 days in the park and the second one I need to leave early to catch the Eurostar (though it'll practically be a full day except we won't be benefiting from EMH which I didn't think would be a problem expecting the parks to open at 9am not 10am!!)

aliscrapper
05-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Not that I'm jealous MUCH!! :rotfl2: How long you going for?

We're at the Santa Fe - 5th-8th June. My birthday is at the end of June but the eurostar prices were too expensive then; so I'm celebrating my birthday early with Mickey!:goodvibes

I have to wait til October and only have 2 days in the park and the second one I need to leave early to catch the Eurostar (though it'll practically be a full day except we won't be benefiting from EMH which I didn't think would be a problem expecting the parks to open at 9am not 10am!!)

Where are you staying???

tiggerifictiggers
05-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Oooh Santa Fe looks very nice!! And in theory you'll get to celebrate your birthday twice :banana:

We'll be staying off-site in the Dream Castle

aliscrapper
05-03-2012, 10:19 AM
Oooh Santa Fe looks very nice!! And in theory you'll get to celebrate your birthday twice :banana:

I stayed at the Santa Fe in 2005 but don't remember a lot about it - will be nice to experience it with hubby.:goodvibes Yes I like the idea of celebrating my birthday twice :cool1:- so excited about having birthday cake with Mickey - I'm one big kid!:laughing:

We'll be staying off-site in the Dream Castle

Dream Castle looks really nice. I'm definitely planning on stayed off-site for our next trip especially with the 15% discount for Annual Passes we can get with the shareholders discount!!:banana: Did you get a good deal for the Dream Castle and who did you book thru???Thanks:thumbsup2

tiggerifictiggers
05-03-2012, 10:31 AM
I'm such a silly billy .. I thought 'uh oh, we've kinda hi-jacked this person's thread and gone :offtopic: with it' and THEN I realised it's my thread DOH! :rotfl2:

Kinda booked it coz it sounded cool ... Dream Castle and I love castles :lmao: We booked through AlphaRooms and got 2 nights including breakfast for 176 which I thought was a pretty good deal :thumbsup2

Yet I've never stayed on site, always wanted to but just never managed to get a good enough deal so never had the Extra Magic Hours - which always makes my hubby laugh when I say that ... he thinks I'm such a kid -- he doesn't know the half of it :rotfl:

15% on the AP is fantastic saving!!!! Are you entitled to EMH with the AP?

Can't wait to visit Salon Mickey and rub shoulders with other Disney fanatic shareholders LOL. Oh it's gonna be great being a shareholder! I even heard that occassionally they email their shareholders and offer them FREE VIP Fastpasses (limited numbers on a first come first served basis) -- how cool is that!?!

aliscrapper
05-03-2012, 11:05 AM
I'm such a silly billy .. I thought 'uh oh, we've kinda hi-jacked this person's thread and gone :offtopic: with it' and THEN I realised it's my thread DOH! :rotfl2:

I'm relatively new to the Disboards so was just wondering whether we might get into trouble for going :offtopic: but thought as no one had objected we might be okay!:rotfl2:

Kinda booked it coz it sounded cool ... Dream Castle and I love castles :lmao: We booked through AlphaRooms and got 2 nights including breakfast for 176 which I thought was a pretty good deal :thumbsup2

Thanks - that does sound like a good deal - would love to hear what you think of it when you get back. Eurostar book now up to 10 months in advance; so we booked our tickets back in September to get them at 69 return. Did you manage to get the cheap seats for your trip??

Yet I've never stayed on site, always wanted to but just never managed to get a good enough deal so never had the Extra Magic Hours - which always makes my hubby laugh when I say that ... he thinks I'm such a kid -- he doesn't know the half of it :rotfl:

The on-site prices do seem to be going up and up! My hubby thinks the same - he keeps threatening to tell Mickey it's not my read birthday and squeal on me! Last trip I woke up at 5:30 am - this trip hubby reckons I won't sleep at all what with celebrating my birthday and Mickey's 20th!:rotfl2:

15% on the AP is fantastic saving!!!! Are you entitled to EMH with the AP?

Not sure - will have to check that one out.

Can't wait to visit Salon Mickey and rub shoulders with other Disney fanatic shareholders LOL. Oh it's gonna be great being a shareholder! I even heard that occassionally they email their shareholders and offer them FREE VIP Fastpasses (limited numbers on a first come first served basis) -- how cool is that!?!

I'm looking forward to using Salon Mickey too! You can apply for a VIP Fastpass when you log in to the sharholders page but unforunately it only runs til the end of July. We applied and have got a VIP fastpass for the 7th June.

tiggerifictiggers
05-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Oh don't worry, I'm not that new here but I don't usually post that much but when I do I feel I sometimes take over the whole boards :rotfl2: Anyhoo we won't get in trouble for going off topic in this thread as I'm happy to chat about anything in here and TBH it's not that off topic as we're both shareholders :thumbsup2

I'll fill you in on the Dream Castle when we're back but I'm afraid you'll have to wait til around 20th October :goodvibes

Yes we were fortunate too to book Eurostar at 69 each return and have even requested where we will sit on the train. I had actually exchanged Tesco Clubcard vouchers into Avios points and planned on booking the Eurostar through Avios but it took up to 28 days for them to be converted plus a further 28 days for the bonus Avios points Avios was offering so like 56 days in total and when I spoke to Eurostar (whether this was just a sales pitch) but they told me they had only two seats left at the 69 price so I booked them. Am sure I can use my Avios points on something else in the future.

Ah your hubby won't really tell Mickey :goodvibes :rotfl2: But I'm like you .. cannot sleep the night before!!

AP would look even more appealing if we can have EMH! Would be even nicer if shareholders was entitled to EMH!! Not that we don't get enough already :thumbsup2

You never know they may do another run of VIP Fastpasses to cover October -- this is the year of Dreams ;). You'll have to let me know how many you get and how you get them. I do so love FPs -- enjoy yours :banana:

aliscrapper
05-04-2012, 08:19 AM
Oh don't worry, I'm not that new here but I don't usually post that much but when I do I feel I sometimes take over the whole boards :rotfl2: Anyhoo we won't get in trouble for going off topic in this thread as I'm happy to chat about anything in here and TBH it's not that off topic as we're both shareholders :thumbsup2

It's great to talk to someone who loves talking Disney!:banana: I'm so excited about being a shareholder!:woohoo:

I'll fill you in on the Dream Castle when we're back but I'm afraid you'll have to wait til around 20th October :goodvibes

Thanks - that would be great! I love hearing what people have been up to at DLP; it's the next best thing to being there!:cool1:

Yes we were fortunate too to book Eurostar at 69 each return and have even requested where we will sit on the train. I had actually exchanged Tesco Clubcard vouchers into Avios points and planned on booking the Eurostar through Avios but it took up to 28 days for them to be converted plus a further 28 days for the bonus Avios points Avios was offering so like 56 days in total and when I spoke to Eurostar (whether this was just a sales pitch) but they told me they had only two seats left at the 69 price so I booked them. Am sure I can use my Avios points on something else in the future.

That's a shame you couldn't use the Avios points but brilliant that you got the cheap Eurostar return rate.:thumbsup2 How far in advance did you book the Eurostar??? I keep thinking that it would be great to get a good bargain on a Partner hotel; but not sure how easy it would be to get reasonably priced Eurostar tickets when you book less than 10 months in advance.

Ah your hubby won't really tell Mickey :goodvibes :rotfl2: But I'm like you .. cannot sleep the night before!!

I get really annoyed at myself at not being able to sleep the night before a trip as you start your DLP holiday exhausted; but the excitement about visiting Mickey started when we booked it in September; so I think by the day before I won't stand a chance of sleeping!:rotfl2:

AP would look even more appealing if we can have EMH! Would be even nicer if shareholders was entitled to EMH!! Not that we don't get enough already :thumbsup2

Looks like on the more expensive AP's here (http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/booking/annual-passports/) you may get EMH!:yay:

You never know they may do another run of VIP Fastpasses to cover October -- this is the year of Dreams ;). You'll have to let me know how many you get and how you get them. I do so love FPs -- enjoy yours :banana:

Yes it would be brilliant if they extended the VIP Fastpass for Shareholders - maybe they are trialling it to see how it goes??? DLP Shareholders sent an e mail advising about the VIP Fastpass for Shareholders and how to get them by logging onto the shareholders personal member bit of the website and you request your date and if they are available they send you a confirmation e mail of your VIP Fastpass and you collect it from Salon Mickey on the day you requested. Will let you know how we get on with it.:banana:

tiggerifictiggers
05-04-2012, 09:20 AM
OMG I could talk Disney ALL day! Often I feel I walk, talk and sleep Disney!! Even DH worries when if a day goes by and I haven't mentioned Disney :rotfl2:

I know, was a little gutted and peeved about the Avios points as if I'd known prior to converting my Tesco clubcard points it was going to take cloe on 56 days then I wouldn't have bothered. Hey ho, they'll get used at a later date on some hotel stay no doubt. I booked end of Feb so 7 months early but then only knew about the free Sky park tickets about mid Feb. I looked into Eurostar prices for October yesterday (for the dates) I'm going and I can still get 69 seats for going out to DLP but no cheap seats for my return date -- so I'm glad I booked when I did!! :thumbsup2

You're right about feeling exhausted before your holiday's even started but what can we do about it .. I suppose we could ask our DHs to hit us over the head with a mallet the night before to make us sleep :lmao:

Oooh yes EMH with the Fantasy and Dreams APs and with 15% shareholder discount I may very well be investing in one for next year!

I think it would be great if all shareholders were entitled to at least one allowance of VIP Fastpasses. Pretty awesome you've been able to get some :banana: -- am sure I read somewhere you got soemething like NINE :scared1: So no waiting in line for you :) Yes please do let me know how you get on :thumbsup2

We're SHAREHOLDERS woohoo (well I soon will be) :cool1::cool1::cool1:

aliscrapper
05-04-2012, 09:43 AM
OMG I could talk Disney ALL day! Often I feel I walk, talk and sleep Disney!! Even DH worries when if a day goes by and I haven't mentioned Disney :rotfl2:

Me too! I was telling someone about all the advantages of being a shareholder yesterday and you could tell it was kind of "are you talking Disney again" lol! So so good to talk to someone who shares my passion for all things Disney!!

I know, was a little gutted and peeved about the Avios points as if I'd known prior to converting my Tesco clubcard points it was going to take cloe on 56 days then I wouldn't have bothered. Hey ho, they'll get used at a later date on some hotel stay no doubt. I booked end of Feb so 7 months early but then only knew about the free Sky park tickets about mid Feb. I looked into Eurostar prices for October yesterday (for the dates) I'm going and I can still get 69 seats for going out to DLP but no cheap seats for my return date -- so I'm glad I booked when I did!! :thumbsup2

Thanks. Glad you managed to get the cheap seats.:cool1: It definitely pays to check your eurostar and book as early as you can - it amazes me how expensive the eurostar seats can get if they don't have many seats left.

You're right about feeling exhausted before your holiday's even started but what can we do about it .. I suppose we could ask our DHs to hit us over the head with a mallet the night before to make us sleep :lmao:

:rotfl2: I think it's Mickey's fault for making us so excited with all his new plans for the 20th anniversary!:rotfl2:

Oooh yes EMH with the Fantasy and Dreams APs and with 15% shareholder discount I may very well be investing in one for next year!

I think we're definitely going to invest in an AP next year - we're going to save up the money we get from Christmas. As it would mean that hopefully we might be able to go twice next year.:cool1:

I think it would be great if all shareholders were entitled to at least one allowance of VIP Fastpasses. Pretty awesome you've been able to get some :banana: -- am sure I read somewhere you got soemething like NINE :scared1: So no waiting in line for you :) Yes please do let me know how you get on :thumbsup2

I think they are giving 25 VIP Fastpasses out to shareholders for each day. Yes it would be a nice way of rewarding shareholders for investing in Mickey - hopefully they will extend the period it's available.

We're SHAREHOLDERS woohoo (well I soon will be) :cool1::cool1::cool1:

:woohoo::woohoo::yay::yay:

tiggerifictiggers
05-04-2012, 10:10 AM
:woohoo::rotfl2: i know! they kinda switch off when they realise you're talking disney. my mum thinks i'm totally mad if i say i wanna go back to Disney. Been WDW twice and the second time she was like 'but you've already been once' and now DLP she's like :confused: and thinks I've totally lost the plot. People just don't understand how bad you get the disney bug! I stand at the gates outside Disney a something 30 year old. I take two steps inside Disney and I revert to a 3 year old :rotfl:

i was really not very well during my last trip to WDW and DH and i were wandering around the park when i spied STITCH and boy oh boy ill or not my little legs couldn't carry me their fast enough, i RAN like a big kid .. am surprised Stitch do a runner himself when he saw this fully grown adult running towards him and poor DH could barely keep up with me and he had to as he had the camera!!! :lmao:

i know what you mean about the eurostar seats, and i think it's horrendous the different price brackets especially when they are the same seats. i guess it's just the usual .. supply & demand. i've never been on the eurostar before so am looking forward to that too and what with, like you say, with all Mickey's new plans for his 20th anniversary i'm double, triple, QUADRUPLE excited :banana: :banana:

what a fab idea to save up your xmas money for APs .. in fact i might even do that myself. two trips in one year -- you go for it girl!! don't think i'll be far behind you ;) will see how well DLP compares alongside WDW -- obviously i can't compare the two as WDW is much much bigger than DLP but i'm hoping it will be as good within the 2 parks as if we love it as much there as DLP we can go more often and get our Disney fix :laughing:

i know i can't wait to get my butt on Tower of Terror -- totally LOVE the WDW one! will miss Splash Mountain not being at DLP but then Oct prob won't be the best time to ride a water ride.

:scared1:25 VIP Fastpasses for you :woohoo:

aliscrapper
05-04-2012, 03:30 PM
:woohoo::rotfl2: i know! they kinda switch off when they realise you're talking disney. my mum thinks i'm totally mad if i say i wanna go back to Disney. Been WDW twice and the second time she was like 'but you've already been once' and now DLP she's like :confused: and thinks I've totally lost the plot.

My Mum's exactly the same she says "why do you want to go back to the same place over and over again"; she doesn't get that every time you have a new experience. When I told my Mum that I was having birthday cake with Mickey she said "when are you going to grow up"?? Why do I want to grow up!!!:rotfl:

People just don't understand how bad you get the disney bug! I stand at the gates outside Disney a something 30 year old. I take two steps inside Disney and I revert to a 3 year old :rotfl:

I do too but I love the fact that I leave reality in Ebbsfleet where I pick up the Eurostar and pick up on reality when I get back to Ebbsfleet; but somehow when I return I can see things in a whole different light and feel like my batteries have been charged!

i was really not very well during my last trip to WDW and DH and i were wandering around the park when i spied STITCH and boy oh boy ill or not my little legs couldn't carry me their fast enough, i RAN like a big kid .. am surprised Stitch do a runner himself when he saw this fully grown adult running towards him and poor DH could barely keep up with me and he had to as he had the camera!!! :lmao:

Oh no! Sorry to hear you weren't well at WDW. DH and I are Stitch mad - you should see our home - there's not a surface where Stitch doesn't cover!:rotfl: When we went on honeymoon in 2010 to DLP we searched everywhere for Stitch and as we got to Stitch Live - there he was - nobody had spotted him yet and there happened to be a kind CM who took our photo with Stitch - it really was the highlight of our honeymoon!:cool1::banana:

i know what you mean about the eurostar seats, and i think it's horrendous the different price brackets especially when they are the same seats. i guess it's just the usual .. supply & demand. i've never been on the eurostar before so am looking forward to that too and what with, like you say, with all Mickey's new plans for his 20th anniversary i'm double, triple, QUADRUPLE excited :banana: :banana:

When we got on at Ebbsfleet last year Mickey Mouse came over the tanoy saying "that it wouldn't be long til we were in the magic as we could now board the train". DH said it wasn't just the little kids whose face lit up at the sound of Mickey Mouse's voice!!!:banana:

what a fab idea to save up your xmas money for APs .. in fact i might even do that myself. two trips in one year -- you go for it girl!! don't think i'll be far behind you ;) will see how well DLP compares alongside WDW -- obviously i can't compare the two as WDW is much much bigger than DLP but i'm hoping it will be as good within the 2 parks as if we love it as much there as DLP we can go more often and get our Disney fix :laughing:

I've been to WDW twice and this will be my 7th trip to DLP! WDW is expensive to get there but cheap when you are there; whereas DLP is cheap in comparison to get there but extremely expensive when you do. I love that at DLP everything is walking distance. Have you booked in for any character experiences?? I can highly recommend the character breakfast at Cafe Mickey and the tea party with the characters.

i know i can't wait to get my butt on Tower of Terror -- totally LOVE the WDW one! will miss Splash Mountain not being at DLP but then Oct prob won't be the best time to ride a water ride.

I'm afraid I'm a big wimp when it comes to the Tower of Terror as I don't like the thought of dropping!:rotfl:

:scared1:25 VIP Fastpasses for you :woohoo:

:banana::banana:

tiggerifictiggers
05-05-2012, 06:00 AM
I think we need to take our mum's there and let them revert back to their childhood and let the Disney bug meet them again .. perhaps then they will understand :rotfl2: But I agree .. why on earth would you want to grow up?? Doesn't matter how old you are as long as you stay young at heart!! :)

OMG are you telling me Mickey comes over the tannoy when you're about to get on the Eurostar?? :scared1: AWESOME!! A little Disney magic goes along way -- I bet your grin was like the cheshire cat .. I know mine would have been!! I wonder if he has time to get to St Pancras too ;)

Another Stitch fan!! :yay::banana::yay: I totally LOVE Stitch -- he's awesome! My email address relates to Stitch, I have a house name plaque relating to Stitch, DH bought me this AWESOME Stitch that you talk to and he talks back. You can ask him to sing and he'll sing Aloha, you can tell him you love him and he tells you he loves you back, he tells you his badness level and TONS more!! I even have Stitch at work with me :rotfl: I've got all the WDCC Stitch figurines even this gorgeous water snowglobe where he's dressed as Elvis!! I cannot WAIT to see Stitch Live -- I've heard such good things about him. Met meeting Stitch made your honeymoon that extra bit more magical :woohoo: So now we can talk Disney AND Stitch :yay:

7 times to DLP -- cool!! This will be our first and is DLP really THAT expensive once you're there?? (gulp!) Is it just generally expensive or is it due to the exchange rate or it is mainly food that's expensive?

Must admit have not booked any character experiences but don't think we can book yet can we? What's the tea party all about and who's there? That sounds cool! Just worried we won't have enough time, we've got one full day in the Kingdom but Studios only 10am - 5pm

Oh you MUST do Tower of Terror - trust me it's nowhere near as bad as you think it. Like I said we've done WDW twice and I totally chickened out the first visit on going on ToT, I was just far too scared of the dropping and the darkness. On our second trip I still couldn't do it but I couldn't face going home WITHOUT doing it. It got to the day before we were due to fly home and it was just before park closing that I finally slowly walked onto ToT. The CM could see the fear on my face and she told me not to worry, she was just as petrified and wouldn't go on it for years and she finally went on it and loves it so much she now worked on the road - she said if I hated it I could go back and have a go at her and she said it's nowhere near as bad as you think and the dropping isn't for long. So, there I was waiting to enter the elevator ... my heart felt like it was going to explode out of the my chest, my head was thumping as my heart was racing so fast, I felt like I was sweating and was going to be sick, I couldn't even talk I was that scared, I kept looking for the chicken exit as my feet carried me into the elevator. We were seated, I put the seatbelt across my lap - there was handles you could hold onto which I did til my knuckles turned white and then we were off .. it rides you around telling you the story of the Tower of Terror and then you see a ghost and that's when the drop comes and OMG did I scream or did I scream!! I shrieked like a baby but it was a totally awesome feeling and then it shot you upwards and then dropped you again and then up and then down. It was smoother than I thought and was a very easy ride. In fact I walked straight off with jelly knees and straight back on again!! :rotfl2:

Really, I'm not a big ride person - pretty much a coward in all honestly, I don't like rides that go backwards or upside down or roll or ones that I can't see what it does before I go on it but all this does is go and down in fast but short bursts. It really isn't as bad as you imagine it will be. I've even heard DLP ToT isn't as long as WDW. Please try and do it, it's your imagination and fear that makes that ride scary and it really truly isn't. You'll scream but you'll scream with a smile on your face :thumbsup2

aliscrapper
05-05-2012, 06:22 AM
I think we need to take our mum's there and let them revert back to their childhood and let the Disney bug meet them again .. perhaps then they will understand :rotfl2:

My Mum and Dad took me to WDW when I was 19 but she still doesn't get it!:confused3 I think my Mum is not in contact with the little person inside of her; whereas my late grandfather - he would have skipped up Main Street with me as we bought him back a Goofy hat with long ears from WDW and he wore that a lot!

But I agree .. why on earth would you want to grow up?? Doesn't matter how old you are as long as you stay young at heart!! :)

Definitely - I think being young at heart helps us deal with the stresses of life!

OMG are you telling me Mickey comes over the tannoy when you're about to get on the Eurostar?? :scared1: AWESOME!! A little Disney magic goes along way -- I bet your grin was like the cheshire cat .. I know mine would have been!! I wonder if he has time to get to St Pancras too ;)

We went from Ashford for our honeymoon in 2010 and just checked with DH; Mickey did indeed come over the tanoy to tell us it was time for the magic to start!:cool1::cool1:

Another Stitch fan!! :yay::banana::yay: I totally LOVE Stitch -- he's awesome! My email address relates to Stitch, I have a house name plaque relating to Stitch, DH bought me this AWESOME Stitch that you talk to and he talks back. You can ask him to sing and he'll sing Aloha, you can tell him you love him and he tells you he loves you back, he tells you his badness level and TONS more!!

We got talking Stitch - he's awesome!!!

I even have Stitch at work with me :rotfl: I've got all the WDCC Stitch figurines even this gorgeous water snowglobe where he's dressed as Elvis!! I cannot WAIT to see Stitch Live -- I've heard such good things about him.

Have a look here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o4_uqQ39OM&feature=related)on u tube for Stitch Live. We noticed that the dialogue changes from year to year.

Met meeting Stitch made your honeymoon that extra bit more magical :woohoo: So now we can talk Disney AND Stitch :yay:

Oh yes - I love talking Stitch and Disney!!:goodvibes I got my 20th anniversary book yesterday from DLP and it is awesome!

7 times to DLP -- cool!! This will be our first and is DLP really THAT expensive once you're there?? (gulp!) Is it just generally expensive or is it due to the exchange rate or it is mainly food that's expensive?

I'm afraid everything is expensive and it seems to get worse every year we go back. There are ways to make it cheaper - there is a newsagents inside the Eurostar on your left as you exit the park and a 1.5 litre of vittel is the same as in the park. Also check your receipts as they often give you a second one for a free drink you have to collect from 1-4 pm I think at certain restaurants

Must admit have not booked any character experiences but don't think we can book yet can we? What's the tea party all about and who's there? That sounds cool! Just worried we won't have enough time, we've got one full day in the Kingdom but Studios only 10am - 5pm

Yes your right you can only book them 60 days in advance. The character breakfast is a hot buffet and lots of character interaction - we did the 9:30 am sitting and when everyone is gone the characters are still doing the rounds. The tea party at the moment is at Cowboy cookout - buffet of yummy cakes and lots of fun with the characters. In previous years' the tea party has always clashed with the parade in the park; but if it is still 7 pm for the parade it doesn't clash. They also do a meal at Cowboy Cookout with the characters - food is average and expensive (50 Euros for two) - its a set meal that we really do for the character interaction. I've still got last year's trip report if you would like to have a look then if you PM me your address I will send you links??? There are some photo's of both the breakfast and the tea party. Most meals unless you are doing counter service which we have looked at are 50 Euros + for both of us.

Oh you MUST do Tower of Terror - trust me it's nowhere near as bad as you think it. Like I said we've done WDW twice and I totally chickened out the first visit on going on ToT, I was just far too scared of the dropping and the darkness. On our second trip I still couldn't do it but I couldn't face going home WITHOUT doing it. It got to the day before we were due to fly home and it was just before park closing that I finally slowly walked onto ToT. The CM could see the fear on my face and she told me not to worry, she was just as petrified and wouldn't go on it for years and she finally went on it and loves it so much she now worked on the road - she said if I hated it I could go back and have a go at her and she said it's nowhere near as bad as you think and the dropping isn't for long. So, there I was waiting to enter the elevator ... my heart felt like it was going to explode out of the my chest, my head was thumping as my heart was racing so fast, I felt like I was sweating and was going to be sick, I couldn't even talk I was that scared, I kept looking for the chicken exit as my feet carried me into the elevator. We were seated, I put the seatbelt across my lap - there was handles you could hold onto which I did til my knuckles turned white and then we were off .. it rides you around telling you the story of the Tower of Terror and then you see a ghost and that's when the drop comes and OMG did I scream or did I scream!! I shrieked like a baby but it was a totally awesome feeling and then it shot you upwards and then dropped you again and then up and then down. It was smoother than I thought and was a very easy ride. In fact I walked straight off with jelly knees and straight back on again!! :rotfl2:

Really, I'm not a big ride person - pretty much a coward in all honestly, I don't like rides that go backwards or upside down or roll or ones that I can't see what it does before I go on it but all this does is go and down in fast but short bursts. It really isn't as bad as you imagine it will be. I've even heard DLP ToT isn't as long as WDW. Please try and do it, it's your imagination and fear that makes that ride scary and it really truly isn't. You'll scream but you'll scream with a smile on your face :thumbsup2

Sounds like I definitely need to do TOT - I've got a whiplash neck injury - does it throw your neck around?? Thanks:thumbsup2

tiggerifictiggers
05-05-2012, 06:42 AM
Isn't talking Stitch the greatest!!! He always makes me smile if I'm feeling a little miserable. Coconut cookies and bananas PLEASE! :thumbsup2

Aww it's such a shame our mum's don't understand .. still we'll keep the magic alive along with all the other Disney fans all over the world!

Oh I'm so tempted to watch that Stitch Live video but I don't know if it will ruin the surprise for me :confused3 Really want to watch it but really also want to experience it completely new when we're there. Oh decisions decisions, to watch or not to watch! :laughing:

Ooooh what's the DLP 20th anniversary book like??

Thanks for the heads up with the receipts - will keep an eye out for that. Guess we're gonna need to take a few more pennies than we originally planned for especially if we want to nom nom at Annette's Diner and Walt's (thank goodness for the shareholder discount at both those restuarants -- ever little helps!). The rest will probably just be counter service. Am taking a pack lunch for the Eurostar so that should knock lunch out the way for us :)

Think we may do the tea party - that sounds fun! :thumbsup2

Oh yes I would love to read your reviews and see your photos, will PM you my email address in a mo.

You MUST do ToT (I cannot wait)... I too suffer from a whiplash injury AND I've a fused spine and the WDW one didn't shake rattle or roll my back or neck at all.

What rides have you been on at DLP?

jothp
05-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Isn't talking Stitch the greatest!!! He always makes me smile if I'm feeling a little miserable. Coconut cookies and bananas PLEASE! :thumbsup2

Aww it's such a shame our mum's don't understand .. still we'll keep the magic alive along with all the other Disney fans all over the world!

Oh I'm so tempted to watch that Stitch Live video but I don't know if it will ruin the surprise for me :confused3 Really want to watch it but really also want to experience it completely new when we're there. Oh decisions decisions, to watch or not to watch! :laughing:

Thanks for the heads up with the receipts - will keep an eye out for that. Guess we're gonna need to take a few more pennies than we originally planned for especially if we want to nom nom at Annette's Diner and Walt's (thank goodness for the shareholder discount at both those restuarants -- ever little helps!). The rest will probably just be counter service. Am taking a pack lunch for the Eurostar so that should knock lunch out the way for us :)

Oh yes I would love to read your reviews and see your photos, will PM you my email address in a mo.

You MUST do ToT (I cannot wait)... I too suffer from a whiplash injury AND I've a fused spine and the WDW one didn't shake rattle or roll my back or neck at all.

Carrie Cat has very kindly posted photos of lots of the latest menus on the restaurant review threads for us so if you look there you will be able to work out how much to budget for food. :goodvibes

My mum and dad think we spoil the kids too much keep taking them back to disney too. I think secretly my dad would quite like a trip but my mum won't even consider it. :confused3

aliscrapper
05-05-2012, 04:35 PM

Your going to so love Stitch Live - if DH or I are having a bad day we always go look it up to find a you tube on it and it quickly has us smiling!

We do I love talking to other Disney fans!

I don't think it would spoil it; as the dialogue last year was completely different from the year before.

It's amazing! I've just ordered "from Sketch to Reality" which is from the first sketch to the opening in 1992 - it cost me 100 but I've wanted it for so long as I love Disney history. The 20th anniversary book here (http://www.dlrptoday.com/2012/04/22/park-exclusive-disneyland-paris-20-years-of-dreams-book-on-sale-tomorrow-23rd-april/)kind of continues from 1992 til today - I ordered it from DLP Mail Order and it was roughly 50 (including 10 postage via DHL Courier). They've only authorised so many prints; so I thought it safer to order now rather than risk not getting it next month when we are at DLP.

Thanks for the heads up with the receipts - will keep an eye out for that. Guess we're gonna need to take a few more pennies than we originally planned for especially if we want to nom nom at Annette's Diner and Walt's (thank goodness for the shareholder discount at both those restuarants -- ever little helps!).

Annettes do a seat meal for 20 Euros per person which is main course, dessert and drink that's what we're doing to keep the cost down.

The rest will probably just be counter service. Am taking a pack lunch for the Eurostar so that should knock lunch out the way for us :)

Earl of Sandwich is the only counter service that you get discount on which is 10%.

I think the tea party is so much fun - the most amazing selection of cakes and so much fun - only downside last year was it clashed with the Park parade; but if the parade is the same time when you are there;hopefully it won't clash.

Sounds like I might get away with it! Thanks! Yay!!!:banana::banana:

I did the Runaway Mine - that was really not a good idea with a dodgy neck and a few weeks after I read it actually came off the tracks; so won't be doing that again! lol! I more or less do all the kiddy rides - my favourites are Snow White, Peter Pan, Pirates of the Carribean and Buzz Lightyears Laser Blast.

tiggerifictiggers
05-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Carrie Cat has very kindly posted photos of lots of the latest menus on the restaurant review threads for us so if you look there you will be able to work out how much to budget for food. :goodvibes

My mum and dad think we spoil the kids too much keep taking them back to disney too. I think secretly my dad would quite like a trip but my mum won't even consider it. :confused3

Wow .. some really helpful reviews there! Thank you :) So much choice too. I can't wait to eat at Walts -- didn't even know they had separate rooms! Got to decide where I'd like to sit and see if we can request at least a window seat.

No way are you spoiling the kids too much .. keeps them young and the magic alive. I'm sure both your parents would LOVE it if you could get them there :thumbsup2

tiggerifictiggers
05-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Aliscrapper

I'm still not sure about watching Stitch Live -- not sure what to expect so even though the dialogue will change I'll know what to expect. Mind you it's a long wait until October so no doubt I'll cave and end up watching it :rotfl:

Does DLP Mail Order have a website you can browse through as I can't seem to find one, just email address? The book sounds fab and well worth every penny! I bet it's beautiful but will take my chance I will be able to buy one when we're there.

Sounds like a bargain at Annettes 20 for main course, dessert and drink and will help keep the cost down. Again, another great tip - thanks :thumbsup2 The menus on the review thread Jo mentioned above made me hungry reading through them :laughing:

Oh I thought we would get discount on all eateries in the park with shareholder discount - so it's only table service and earl of sandwich, nowhere else? Still you don't hear me complaining :)

OMG the Runaway Train came off the track once?! :scared1: I'll definately be hitting Pirates of the Caribbean and Buzz Lightyear. Will prob give Snow White a miss but pay Peter Pan a visit. :banana:

Ware Bears
05-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Does DLP Mail Order have a website you can browse through as I can't seem to find one, just email address? The book sounds fab and well worth every penny! I bet it's beautiful but will take my chance I will be able to buy one when we're there. Unfortunately not, but then again maybe it's just as well as I'd be forever wanting to buy stuff, especially on a year we didn't go! :rotfl2: Jonjo was one of the first to order a book and said he will post some photos when he receives it.

Oh I thought we would get discount on all eateries in the park with shareholder discount - so it's only table service and earl of sandwich, nowhere else? Still you don't hear me complaining :)

Again, unfortunately not. You'll get 15% off table/buffet meals and 10% (I think) off Earl of Sandwich. If you decide to buy APs you'll get 10% off with those so it would be best to flash your shareholders card for table service and buffet meals and your AP for counter service and shopping!

I'd also recommend you choose table service/buffet meals over counter service if possible - the counter service meals (unlike WDW which you're used to) are expensive and not particularly good value. The table service/buffet meals are much better value and IMO a far better dining experience than anything in WDW - once you see the crockery you'll know what I mean! :)

jothp
05-05-2012, 05:40 PM
so you it would be best to flash your shareholders card for table service and buffet meals and your AP for counter service and shopping!

You would think that would be the case but it isn't always - you can get a free aperitif (orange juice only :rotfl:) with you AP so often the free drink + 10% off actually works out better than paying for a soft drink and getting 15% off the total. :goodvibes

tiggerifictiggers
05-05-2012, 05:43 PM
I guess it's just worth working it all out before you decide what you want to flash .. AP or Shareholder -- but for the minute mine will just be shareholder as I don't have AP (yet) ;)

Ware Bears
05-05-2012, 05:47 PM
You would think that would be the case but it isn't always - you can get a free aperitif (orange juice only :rotfl:) with you AP so often the free drink + 10% off actually works out better than paying for a soft drink and getting 15% off the total. :goodvibes

That's very true. :)

Unfortunately not in our case as my eldest DD and I enjoy sampling the different cocktails (!) but provided you're not ordering extra drinks it would be better to stick to the AP discount. ::yes::

DLPDreams
05-05-2012, 05:47 PM
I spent ages working this out for our party (of 4, all with Dream APs and I'm a shareholder), the other night and Jo is correct (and first alerted me to the fact :thumbsup2). When you take an aperitif into consideration, as a party of 4, the only place we are better off using SH discount is Auberge as it's so expensive there! :scared1:

If we didn't all have APs and so didn't all get the drink then it probably would work out better to use SH.

Fortunately, we all love fresh OJ, so that as our drink with our meals will suffice most of the time. If DH fancies a beer or something then we will use SH instead once or twice.

It's a real shame you can't mix and match - ie use AP to get aperitif, and SH for the 15% discount. I think some people have managed this in the past, but it seems to be becoming more difficult to do. Depends on the CM I guess.

Ware Bears
05-05-2012, 05:56 PM
They actively encouraged this the first year we bought our APs - it was even explained to us in the AP Bureau! Then the following year it all changed, we even went and complained but to no avail. There was nothing in our first AP T&C to say you couldn't combine but the next time we bought APs it was clearly stated that discounts couldn't be combined.

Suppose there's not many firms that let you combine discounts so it's a bit greedy to expect both! ;) :rotfl2:

DLPDreams
05-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Totally know where you are coming from Elaine.

However, in this instance I do think it is a bit harsh as you pay for shares and you pay for an AP separately, and really the Dream APs are not that cheap. They are separate 'schemes' which give different discounts/offers which you buy into when you purchase. It's not like you haven't paid for one and got it free. I appreciate the shares are not that expensive these days though so I suppose it's fair enough that you can't mix and match! :)

I think I've worked out where to use what but will probably mess it up in the end :rotfl2:. I can't remember the overall difference in total of our meals SH vs AP, think it was something like 13 more using SH only. So, in the grand scheme of things, not huge! :lmao:

tiggerifictiggers
05-06-2012, 03:59 AM
but every little helps and it all adds up in the long run :thumbsup2

tiggerifictiggers
05-07-2012, 12:13 PM
:cheer2::cheer2: I'm OFFICIALLY a shareholder :cheer2::cheer2:

Received my confirmation email today:

"We confirm your membership to the Euro Disney S.C.A. Shareholders Club"
:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Now just have to a wait a couple of weeks for that wonderful envelope containing my membership card to make it's way through my letterbox :dance3:

aliscrapper
05-07-2012, 12:30 PM
:cheer2::cheer2: I'm OFFICIALLY a shareholder :cheer2::cheer2:

Received my confirmation email today:

"We confirm your membership to the Euro Disney S.C.A. Shareholders Club"
:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Now just have to a wait a couple of weeks for that wonderful envelope containing my membership card to make it's way through my letterbox :dance3:

Yay!!!1:yay::yay::woohoo::woohoo:

tiggerifictiggers
05-07-2012, 12:33 PM
I know!!!! Am SO happy!!!! Shrieked when I got the email -- it's now official I'm totally mad as a march hare and am thinking the mad hatters tea party would be perfect for me :rotfl2:

Am well chuffed and didn't even need to send them the hard copy letter which I received from the Halifax on Friday (typical) :yay::yay:

That means another shareholder to squeeze into Salon Mickey :)

tinkertaylor05
05-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Congrats :dance3:

I take my kicks where I can get them and was just as excited to get my renewal confirmation email, these are all perfectly normal symptons of 'disneyitis' I'm lead to believe :woohoo:

tiggerifictiggers
05-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Congrats :dance3:

I take my kicks where I can get them and was just as excited to get my renewal confirmation email, these are all perfectly normal symptons of 'disneyitis' I'm lead to believe :woohoo:

Then I definately have 'disneyitis' :lmao: and proud!! :rotfl2:

aliscrapper
05-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Then I definately have 'disneyitis' :lmao: and proud!! :rotfl2:

I've got disneytis too!:cool1:

I screamed and did a little Disney dance when I got my confirmation e mail too!:dance3::dance3:

Gwendolen
05-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Just wondering how long you were waiting since you sent all documents?

tiggerifictiggers
05-07-2012, 01:30 PM

Hi, I emailed my documents across on Tuesday just gone and received my acceptance email today so just under 5 working days :thumbsup2

My email also says I should receive all the hard copy bits and bobs (membership card) within 2 weeks :)

aliscrapper
05-07-2012, 01:37 PM

5 days for me too!:thumbsup2

aliscrapper
05-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Hi, I emailed my documents across on Tuesday just gone and received my acceptance email today so just under 5 working days :thumbsup2

My email also says I should receive all the hard copy bits and bobs (membership card) within 2 weeks :)

Wow! My membership card must be on it's way too then :thumbsup2 :woohoo::woohoo:as the e mail confirming my membership; I got a couple of weeks ago only said "soon"; so I've been pouncing on the postie every time he delivers our post!:rotfl2:

Gwendolen
05-07-2012, 02:00 PM
That's fast, I did mine on thurs night so hopefully I will get the email this week!

DLPDreams
05-07-2012, 04:56 PM
2 weeks is super quick for your card to arrive. Most of time they quote 6 weeks, they even give themselves up to 12 weeks!

They do apparently make the cards up in batches though so I guess if you've 'hit' a batch/run then you may be lucky to get it early!

Did you get a temp certificate emailed in the meantime? I tried mine out at the DS at the weekend - worked a treat :goodvibes.

adr2.8i
05-08-2012, 05:16 AM
i dont mean to be a party pooper but i had the same e-mail confirmation saying that my card would be with me within 2 weeks..........the reality of it (for me personally) was that the "2 weeks" was more like 5 weeks!!

i applied on the 8th march and had the e-mail on the 18th march, card came 21st april!

opening that envelope was more exciting than my wedding day! :banana:

tiggerifictiggers
05-08-2012, 05:29 AM
2 weeks is super quick for your card to arrive. Most of time they quote 6 weeks, they even give themselves up to 12 weeks!

They do apparently make the cards up in batches though so I guess if you've 'hit' a batch/run then you may be lucky to get it early!

Did you get a temp certificate emailed in the meantime? I tried mine out at the DS at the weekend - worked a treat :goodvibes.

Ooh no -- I must email and ask them if they would be kind enough to send me a temp certificate as I need to do a little shopping in the DS soon especially if it's gonna take approx. 6 weeks for my card :thumbsup2

tennisfan
05-08-2012, 05:43 AM
Got my card a week ago & I renewed back in March, I have never known the card to arrive quicker then 5 weeks for me

tiggerifictiggers
05-08-2012, 06:01 AM
Guess I'll add another 3 - 4 weeks on top of my quoted 2 weeks :laughing: At least I know it's on it's way and I've asked for a temporary certificate so h hopefully that may come through soon :thumbsup2

Laura678
05-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Can someone plz tell me what is my contract note.... Does it look like this?
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h156/laurab678/contractnotequestion.jpg

Gwendolen
05-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Looks like a contract note to me- :)