PDA

View Full Version : Can we skip some of the "Movies" on rides???

disneyfool_1202
04-28-2012, 07:36 PM
I didn't know a better way to list it - my son w/ASD does very well at Disney and in the lines, no matter how long they are. Lines are no problem. He loves the rides. It's the "preview" that sets off his anxiety. Like the stretch room for HM, the "movie" for Tower of Terror... Those could actually be a deal breaker and freak him out, ruining the rest of the day.
He can handle long lines no problem - when we get to the front is when the "fun" begins. Do I need a GAK just to tell the CM we have to skip the stretch room, etc...??

A Mickeyfan
04-28-2012, 10:18 PM
I know you can skip the stretching room @ the HM, but I am not sure about the movie room @ ToT. I have some problems in there in the dark. Depending on the CM that is there, sometimes they allow me to wait outside the door while the movie is on (as if I didn't make it into the room). Then when they open for the next group of guests, they let me go in and walk through. I am making a point to let you know, they still have me "wait" the time frame of that movie outside the room, then I walk through. Do you follow what I am saying? Some CM's allow it and some make me go in the room. I don't feel like making a scene so I just deal with it and wait for everyone to clear out before I make my way out when I am forced in to there. Your situation is different though.

disneyfool_1202
04-29-2012, 06:38 PM
Definitely don't mind waiting the same time - just not necessarily the same place. :thumbsup2

KisanMcG
04-29-2012, 09:38 PM
It has been my previous experience that CMs will allow this, either by letting me walk through like Mickeyfan or by taking me through a different entrance. The only attraction I have ever had any kind of difficulties with is RnR - the entrance CM has always needed to contact a manager for approval to allow me to skip being locked into a "preshow", but even that was only a slight delay. You might find success going to Guest Relations when you arrive and discussing your son's specific problem with them so that they can let you know which attractions feature a preshow and what you'll need to do to make sure you have a great experience.