PDA

View Full Version : Touring Plan (w/ 2 young kids) First time trip!

tms295psu
04-24-2012, 09:15 AM
Send me your touring strategy...

We will be visiting Seaworld for the first time Sunday, Memorial Day weekend. EXPECTING CROWDS:sad2:

We will have a preschooler and a young toddler with us. No need for Thrill rides!

I'll be watching for the show schedule to be available online. What is your recommendation for do first, etc. And must sees or don't feel so bad if we miss out on attractions.

tiff211
04-24-2012, 11:51 AM
Hi, my kids LOVE seaworld. The shows are do not miss for sure. Pets ahoy and Clyde and Seamore take pirate Island have always been the favorites. The Shamu show of course but my girls only care about sitting in the soak zone. If you sit there, prepare to get soaked. I thought I sat up high enough and was still doused! You also can feed the seals, sharks, dolphins and sting rays. The sharks didn't seem to enthused but if you do one of the 1st dolphin feeding, they are pretty interactive and you can pet them (lots of photo ops). The seals are pretty excited to see food early in the day as well but you have to throw the fish to them. My little one got frustrated because she really had to throw hard. So, with the ages of your children, I would say feed the dolphins. Its the only feeding that had set times during the day. People start lining up about 30 minutes beforehand. I believe a tray of food is $5, 4 with an annual pass. We just sat and had a snack while waiting in line.

There is a whole seasame street section dedicated to the little ones. There is a show with Elmo and Abby, a place where they can play in the water and some kiddie rides.

We were passholders and just got back on Sunday. We just missed the opening of turtle trek, which looks awesome but I am sure will have long lines. Enjoy your trip and feel free to ask any questions!

j4ino
04-30-2012, 02:55 PM
I too am taking my two young kids (who are interested in seeing real animals -not Elmo). How much time are you allowing yourself to see all the activities? A full day may be too exhausting for them...

tms295psu
05-01-2012, 08:32 AM
I too am taking my two young kids (who are interested in seeing real animals -not Elmo). How much time are you allowing yourself to see all the activities? A full day may be too exhausting for them...

We were planning a 9:30 - 10 am arrival... seeing the BIG shows and main attractions! and leaving late afternoon.

We are not interested in the Elmo/Sesame Street stuff either... Sesame Place is about an hour from our home. BUT... We will go with the kid's flow...