PDA

View Full Version : What Happens When There Are Errors?

Song of the South
04-23-2012, 12:48 PM
So if you have been following our saga we got all of our paperwork and check overnighted on Wednesday. On Friday evening in looking back over the emails and paperwork I discovered an error in calculations made even before we went ROFR. Basically we negotiated one price for the points but when the realtor multiplied it out it reduced the price by $2 per point. I emailed her this morning to point out the error and find out what we need to do to get the seller the additional funds. If we have already closed (I was assured we would close Friday per the contract) what happens? I don't want the seller cheated (although you would think they would have caught the error or Disney would have during ROFR). I am so ready for this to be over...

So, my question, has this happened to anyone before? If so how did it resolve? If it is too late due to being closed already can we just send the funds directly to the seller? Ideas? Advice?

Thanks!!!

SotS

Song of the South
04-23-2012, 03:14 PM
So we must have closed Friday because as of noon today we are on the comptrollers website...

Yuck! I mean, I'm not upset about getting a better deal it just feels icky. If I were the seller I'd want my additional $320... :headache:

SotS

JimMIA
04-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Somewhere in the documentation, you should have the seller's name and address. If the broker doesn't take the appropriate action, I'd write the seller a letter explaining what you believe is an error and offering to make it right.

Song of the South
04-24-2012, 11:40 PM
Jim! What a brilliant idea! :thumbsup2 The realtor called me yesterday in response to my email and said that her out bound email wasn't working but that she and the seller always thought the price was $80 (all of my emails say $82??? and her response to me says $82) and so the seller is okay with it. She thanked me for my honesty and said everything would proceed.

Very strange.

If I do in fact have their address on the final contract I will definitely send them a check for the difference because it seems like the right thing to do. I'm still baffled how this could have happened in the first place though...I guess I should be celebrating getting a "deal". :confused3

Thanks again!

SotS

castleri
04-25-2012, 08:10 AM
Good for you - I would feel as you do and make sure the seller got the amount I agreed to pay . May you get some magical pixie dust in return as you enjoy your DVC over the coming years.