PDA

View Full Version : The likelihood of getting a AKV value room at 7 month mark?

BLTLDZ
04-23-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm sure it's practically near next to impossible. It would be for early december, in a a value studio. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck....

bgraham34
04-23-2012, 09:46 AM
I don't think it will happen. Best is hope to get on the waiting list. This is one of the busiest times at DVC during the first two weeks of Dec.

BLTLDZ
04-23-2012, 09:49 AM
I don't think it will happen. Best is hope to get on the waiting list. This is one of the busiest times at DVC during the first two weeks of Dec.

I knew that. But had to ask.. :lmao: Darn.

johde
04-23-2012, 10:01 AM
I got an AKV Value room in September for a couple of nights. For my Dec. Vacation I had to go with a Std. view room. My would say you don't know until you try. Call as soon as your 7 month window open up and be prepared for Std view. BTW, I would make a backup reservation at your home resort so you know you have a room somewhere.

BLTLDZ
04-23-2012, 10:04 AM
I got an AKV Value room in September for a couple of nights. For my Dec. Vacation I had to go with a Std. view room. My would say you don't know until you try. Call as soon as your 7 month window open up and be prepared for Std view. BTW, I would make a backup reservation at your home resort so you know you have a room somewhere.

Thanks! We are all set in a SV at BLT. Hoping to switch over to AKV at 7 month mark. I ALWAYS book right at my 11 month mark, home resort.

How are the Standard views at AKL? Parking lot? Not that it really matters...we are hardly ever in the room anyway....

johde
04-23-2012, 10:08 AM
My Std view room was at Jumbo house. It was a nice view of the pool area. I was even able to see pink Flaminco across pool area. All of the Std view rooms at Jumbo House are Pool View. Kadani Village I think has some that are parking lot.

rlduvall
04-23-2012, 10:14 AM
All of the Std view rooms at Jumbo House are Pool View.

Actually, about a year ago they reclassified some of the less desirable savanna views as standard. I know because I have received the exact same room my last two visits as a standard view room. THE VERY LAST ROOM [to the north] IN THE WHOLE STINKING PLACE WITH FIRE EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY TO THE RIGHT OF THE BALCONY. :laughing: I used to love the standard view studios at Jambo House - now, not so much. ;)

TDC Nala
04-23-2012, 10:17 AM
I got one awhile back for July 8. But I wouldn't hold my breath for early December. That is a very popular time for DVC. Last time I tried at the 7 month mark for early December I was able to get only Saratoga Springs.

rlduvall
04-23-2012, 10:18 AM
I'm sure it's practically near next to impossible. It would be for early december, in a a value studio. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck....

I have had luck in this regard many times when only wanting a night or two. You could take a night here and there in the week you are looking at, then try to cobble together a WL strategy that might work before you leave, but this is certainly not for the faint of heart. :goodvibes

tinkertastic
05-04-2012, 01:32 PM
I had luck at the 7 month mark for May, 7 nights in a 1 BR. December may be a bit more tricky but It's certainly worth a shot! Best of luck!!!

Simba's Mom
05-04-2012, 06:07 PM

I'm currently on the waitlist for a value studio for October. I've always been a big fan of the value studios, but I think the secret's getting out. I've stayed at the value studios for the last several Octobers, and although the first couple years, I got a value studio at 7 months with no wait, since then the waitlist has taken longer and longer to come thru. Right now I've been on the waitlist for almost 2 months.

supersuperwendy
05-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Last year I had a value 2 bedroom booked at 11 months... a few months later we added on points so I did a waitlist for additional nights and the waitlist came through! Then sadly we cancelled the whole thing so someone elses waitlist dreams came true. Good luck!!!

Eliza'sMom
05-04-2012, 09:29 PM
We booked 4 nights in a value studio last month for the week leading up to Memorial Day weekend. We also got a value studio last April on fairly short notice. I know the beginning of December is very popular for DVC (we're going then too), but you never know! Our 7-month window opened up Wednesday, and we were able to get the first 2 nights switched to a standard view at BLT, so someone got our standard view at BWV. Anything's possible!

bobbiwoz
05-04-2012, 09:41 PM
I've had luck in September last year. I had to Waitlist, but it came through about 2 months before the trip. I already had a value 2 bedroom that I booked 11 months out.

dromio42
05-07-2012, 10:30 AM
I just got a value at the 7 month mark for right after Thanksgiving. I always heard it was impossible and didn't even include it in my thinking. BUt it popped up as an alternative online while I was looking for a standard...I couldn't believe it and snapped it up! However I am failing at my 7 month attempt to get BWV...which I have always gotten in the past. Just Dumb luck I guess.