PDA

View Full Version : POFQ: How to get central location?

diznee25
04-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Hi everyone! :wave2:

I posted the following on the POFQ thread on the Resort board. But since this question is in relation to my disability, I thought I would post here as well.

I noticed with POFQ there is no preferred room category, which is understandable because it's such a small resort.

Is there any room category that would boost my chances at being in the "hub" area near the food court, buses, etc? Right now we are booked in a standard room, but we'd be willing to pay more if another category would improve our chances.

I have muscular dystrophy, although not bad enough to need a handicap room. Hence why we booked standard. We also plan to rent a wheel chair, but the closer I am to the amenities, the more walking I can do. Poor hubby already has to push me around in all the parks and DTD! :thumbsup2

Any thoughts on the room categories in relation to preferred location would be great!

Thanks,
diznee25

ttintagel
04-20-2012, 11:39 AM
We were there last June, with a person in our party with mobility issues. When we made our reservations, we asked for a room near the lobby and bus stop. We mentioned it again when we checked in, and they put us in a room that was really close (Building 3, practically right behind the luggage pickup). We were really happy with it. It probably depends on how booked up they are at the time.

I would say 3 and 4 are the closest, followed by 2 and 5, then 1 and 6, and 7 being the farthest.

I LOVED POFQ.

I Love Pluto
04-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Coming in on a Saturday or Sunday probably increases your chances of being closer due to the larger number of rooms being vacated.
Coming earlier in the day also probably increases your chances because they haven't heard a whole lot of requests yet that day, nor have they had to "checkerboard" due to unhqppy guests.

We came in on a Wednesday - the only HC room open wa in Bldg 1. It really wasn't that far at all.

jmartinez1895
04-20-2012, 04:12 PM
If you call and tell them the reason for your request they will note it on your reservation, but of course it is a request and you may not get it, but they will do there best to honor it.

Disney4us2
04-20-2012, 07:03 PM
We were in a standard view room in building #4, room 4110. It was a perfect location facing the bus stop with a rose garden. It was not an accessible room, but if met our needs. It fit the 4 of us plus my scooter. It was easy access to the bus and the food court. They had a room ready in another building, but I asked for one in building #4 and just had to wait until it was ready.

diznee25
04-20-2012, 08:00 PM
We were in a standard view room in building #4, room 4110. It was a perfect location facing the bus stop with a rose garden. It was not an accessible room, but if met our needs. It fit the 4 of us plus my scooter. It was easy access to the bus and the food court. They had a room ready in another building, but I asked for one in building #4 and just had to wait until it was ready.

Good to know that your scooter could fit in a standard room....I'll be either renting a wheel chair at the resort, or renting one from a third party. Haven't really decided yet.

Thanks to everyone for posting! Yes, I will probably put in a request, of course understanding that it may not be fulfilled. But it's worth a shot! :thumbsup2 If not, well that's what my husband's for...to push me around. ;)

diznee25