PDA

View Full Version : Grand Villas & Beach House Question

SerinaShelby
04-19-2012, 08:06 PM
My son heard that some of the DVC resorts (Grand Villas and/or Beach House) have a pool/billards table in the rooms! He would LOVE to stay in one of those. Does anyone know which DVC's have them in your villa?

WsPrincess
04-19-2012, 08:47 PM
I know there is a Pool Table in the GV at AKL, I think at Jambo only though (I could be wrong since I have not stayed there).

mcorbo
04-19-2012, 10:21 PM
I believe it is only the Grand Villas a AKV Jambo only, not Kidani.

Deb & Bill
04-19-2012, 10:31 PM
That is correct. Only at Jambo House.

KAT4DISNEY
04-20-2012, 12:52 AM
AKV - Jambo House GV's at WDW and VGC GV's at DL. :thumbsup2

Carolie29
04-20-2012, 04:00 AM
http://www.infoocean.info/avatar3.jpgI believe it is only the Grand Villas a AKV Jambo only, not Kidani.

Pakey
04-20-2012, 10:46 AM
Kidani GVs do not have a pool table.

SerinaShelby
07-29-2012, 12:54 PM
Thanks - we would love to try and stay in one some day!
What do you think the chances of booking one at the 7 months (non home resort) time frame would be?

Deb & Bill
07-29-2012, 02:13 PM
What do you think the chances of booking one at the 7 months (non home resort) time frame would be?

GVs are always a bit harder to get at 7 months out.

hjgaus
07-30-2012, 12:24 AM
My son heard that some of the DVC resorts (Grand Villas and/or Beach House) have a pool/billards table in the rooms! He would LOVE to stay in one of those. Does anyone know which DVC's have them in your villa?

The only 2 Grand Villas @ VGC have pool tables on the second floor.

cwdefouw
07-30-2012, 08:43 AM
There are only 6 Jambo House Grand Villas, chance of finding one at 7 months is pretty slim. I have recently seen Kidani Grand Villas available at 7 months for this September, but there are a lot more Grand Villas at Kidani, although they do not have the pool table, they are still very nice.

hakepb
07-30-2012, 08:59 AM

I'm guessing a full week would be more difficult. But if you are flexible and only want a few days it may be more possible. One time I was on a w/l to add an additional day to my Jambo studio stay. At one point a few months out, DW called MS and they mentioned that the only category with availability for that day was a GV.

hjgaus
07-30-2012, 09:32 AM
I'm guessing a full week would be more difficult. But if you are flexible and only want a few days it may be more possible. One time I was on a w/l to add an additional day to my Jambo studio stay. At one point a few months out, DW called MS and they mentioned that the only category with availability for that day was a GV.

This is true for the grand villas @VGC. We usually have luck reserving at 7 months out (sometimes Holiday weekends) for less than a week stay. When doing online booking for even a 1 bedroom it will gives alternatives such as 1 night in the grand villa. A week is probably going to be hard to get unless you own there.

mouseclick1
07-30-2012, 10:02 AM
We have a GV at Jambo House next week that we booked just a couple of months ago, but we could only get it for 4 days. We were originally in a Kidani GV, but a Jambo opened up so I switched. We are spending the first 3 nights in separate rooms at BWV, no chance in getting the GV there on short notice! Kills me because we are BWV and AKV owners so had I planned this at 11 months it could have been exactly what I wanted, but it was kind of a last minute (sort of:)) decision.