PDA

View Full Version : I need help

itsdisneytime
04-19-2012, 05:30 PM
I am trying to be very discrete so please someone help me. I was at the Disney Parks in October 2012 and I had a GAC for my daughter. After we rode the only 3 rides she liked in one of the parks she wanted to do one of them again and I told her no. She was upset. Upon me speaking to a Disney Enthusiast Friend of mine, she suggested that there was no reason I should not have let her ride the ride again. Whereas I thought because of the GAC that it would be thought of as me taking advantage.

Is there a "formality" or a courtesy written or just plain commonly known that I should follow in the event that I ever do take her again?

If you feel more comfortable in boxing me a private message, that would be great. I certainly do not want to give anyone ideas.

deegack
04-19-2012, 05:33 PM
You can ride as many times as you wish. There is not limit, official or unofficial, as far as I know.

Think of it this way, if she is on one ride all day, more room on other rides for me.:banana:

itradehilton
04-19-2012, 05:54 PM
You paid to go into the park go on all the rides as many times as you want. If it makes you fell better rotate the ride order or break up rides with a show or snack.

BillSears
04-19-2012, 05:55 PM
I would think that a reasonable accommodation would be to take a break between rides equal to the time of the Standby Line.

I remember an article from a few years ago about a woman? who was using a GAC to ride a certain ride over and over again. I think eventually she was ejected from the park because of the "abuse" and the argument with Disney management over it.

Here's an article I found...

http://www.onpointnews.com/NEWS/Pain-Patient-Sues-Disney-over-Thrill-Ride-Therapy.html

bedogged
04-19-2012, 06:23 PM
I would think that a reasonable accommodation would be to take a break between rides equal to the time of the Standby Line.

I remember an article from a few years ago about a woman? who was using a GAC to ride a certain ride over and over again. I think eventually she was ejected from the park because of the "abuse" and the argument with Disney management over it.

Here's an article I found...

http://www.onpointnews.com/NEWS/Pain-Patient-Sues-Disney-over-Thrill-Ride-Therapy.html

The article was quite interesting reading...until I read the part about Montel Williams. IMHO she is a nut case, but a nut case that got a settlement out of Disney.

bearloch
04-19-2012, 08:00 PM
I too only ridecertain rides and ride them over and ovr DO not worry about it But I would take a small break in between and if you feel " worried" you can ask the cm running the ride how lon you should wait before returning so that you are not" clogging" the ride!! :)

Taytortots
04-19-2012, 08:32 PM
Unless you're seriously abusing the GAC than I see no problem.
First off, people without GAC ride numerous times one after the other. That is what you are doing, but the way that you ride the rides is to use the GAC.
Secondly, you paid to be at the park, so you'll be taking up space in a line regardless, i'm not sure it matters much which line.
It's different if you're getting off the ride and hopping right back on over and over, but when you've been on anothe ride and just want to re-do a favourite, I really don't see any fault in that.

ireland_nicole
04-19-2012, 10:11 PM
In our household we have a rule that we do not ride anything more than once a day- of course, our day is usually only a couple/few hours so thats not hard. I would say out of courtesy not to reenter the queue while the same people are waiting standby.

ETA- I think the situation you reference, where time would have elapsed and then she rerides a fave before heading home would be fine.

Mama Who
04-20-2012, 12:16 AM
I am trying to be very discrete so please someone help me. I was at the Disney Parks in October 2012 and I had a GAC for my daughter. After we rode the only 3 rides she liked in one of the parks she wanted to do one of them again and I told her no. She was upset. Upon me speaking to a Disney Enthusiast Friend of mine, she suggested that there was no reason I should not have let her ride the ride again. Whereas I thought because of the GAC that it would be thought of as me taking advantage.

Is there a "formality" or a courtesy written or just plain commonly known that I should follow in the event that I ever do take her again?

If you feel more comfortable in boxing me a private message, that would be great. I certainly do not want to give anyone ideas.

My personal limit, when I find myself in a situation where GAC is making my wait shorter than everyone else's, is that I do not ride the same thing back to back. If the main queue is 20 minutes, I think it is more fair for me to go do something else for 20 minutes before riding again. That's my own rule for myself, not Disney's.

In the past, pre-GAC, I rode many rides over and over again. My son's record for Star Tours was nine times in one day. I see no reason a GAC should deny her the right to multiple rides.

bookwormde
04-20-2012, 06:21 AM
Relax and enjoy WDW and focus on your child's needs. If you are cycling through the same ride quicker than the "average guest" it can be a chance to discuss this with your daughter.

At her age it may not have in impact, but teaching our kids from the youngest ages to consider these situations and self advocate and make their own dicisions is on of the best gift you can give them as a parent.

boowkormde

goofieslonglostsis
04-20-2012, 09:33 AM
My personal limit, when I find myself in a situation where GAC is making my wait shorter than everyone else's, is that I do not ride the same thing back to back. If the main queue is 20 minutes, I think it is more fair for me to go do something else for 20 minutes before riding again. That's my own rule for myself, not Disney's.

Dito. In the odd ball case my wait gets less, I use this rule also. Why? Common courtesy for me. I don't like it when I have to wait X amount of time and see Tom and Sue Standbyline ride twice while I'm still waiting for my first ride. I tend to not do things I don't like myself when being confronted with it when it's not me but others.

Another big thing for me; I'm not the only one there using a GAC and/or accessible vehicle. There are more. And seeing how I'm not working at GS I'm not going to assume anything else than a need for it unless it's so obvious even 1+1 would be rocket science in comparences.

I am one of those that rides very few rides, simply because my needs will seriously limit the options. As one of those that has to seriously limit my time in the park per day, I can't tell you how much of a strain it was on my last trip to drive to DHS, only to find I'm spending soo much time in line I have to had back without riding. Not once, but too many times. It's one thing to go :confused3 and not being able to ride because others are in line that also need a specific thing and also need to wait. Truth be told, it's a whole new ballgame when that wait becomes to long because the line is filled with guests wanting to ride it for the 5th time that day and in the case of said next trip; abuse running rampant but not being taken care of. Rather disappointing. Knowing how I feel, I try to treat others the same.

On the other hands, CM's working said ride will get to recognize me within no time (very few rides I can do and with a 3 week or longer stay, it still adds up when not riding a ride each day). When luck of the draw happens I find CM's are quick enough to offer a 2nd ride to me when there is nobody else waiting for the accessible vehicle and it doesn't have a real impact on the standby line. Or when hitting Buzz on slow times; almost have them beg me to do a 3rd ride. No thanks. ;)

SDSorority
04-20-2012, 10:21 AM
May I ask what rides they were?

ccgirl
04-20-2012, 11:22 AM

We frequently ride rides again. However, we get back in line. The exception is the boat ride in Mexico and Norway. Sometimes there is no line so we ask the CM at the exit if we can stay on and they let us. Again, this is when there is no line.

Mrsjvb
04-20-2012, 12:05 PM
you may ride as often as you like. HOWEVER unless there is exactly zero people waiting to get on, you should exit completely and re enter at the end of the line, no matter which line( FP, Standby/HA) you use.

One time I was at Busch Gardens Willaimsburg with my SiL and her Family. the younger son liked exactly one ride in the park and since we arrived at [ark opening during decidedly OFF season, he rode it 12 times in a row.. because literally he was the ONLY person riding it. after the 4th or 5th time, the attendant told him he didn't have to exit and run through the line any more. However after about 30-45 minutes when other people started queuing up, his Mom made him stop

as long as you are doing stuff in between repeats of the same ride I see no problem with her riding the same thing many times. I do it myself.. usually hit Soarin first thing in the morning, a couple hours later with the FP I grabbed earlier and then once more at the end of the day.