PDA

View Full Version : Handicap Parking at WDW

Mom2six
04-19-2012, 04:06 PM
Does the handicap parking at disney world seem to fill up early in the day, or can you still find a handicap spot in the afternoon or evening? Is the parking close to the parks, or do you still need to take transportation? My mom is thinking of joining us at Disney, but she will need to an EVC. Her knees are very bad due to rheumatoid arthritis. She does not want to deal with the Disney transportation and an EVC.

disney david
04-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Does the handicap parking at disney world seem to fill up early in the day, or can you still find a handicap spot in the afternoon or evening? Is the parking close to the parks, or do you still need to take transportation? My mom is thinking of joining us at Disney, but she will need to an EVC. Her knees are very bad due to rheumatoid arthritis. She does not want to deal with the Disney transportation and an EVC.

As lOng as you have a placard to be fine it also dePends on te time of the year they may fill up then should empty out by afternoon. The only park I suggest to take Bus to is mk because it drop you off at front where the parking Ko your have to take the monorail or ferry. It also depends on which park Dhs seems to have a good size lot but will fill up in an due to people tryin to get fast pass to toy story then by after noon they should be spots to have. If the lots fill up then they will try to park you as close as they can. The only problem would be mk because it seems to be the park that people stay longer at so If It fills up it my be a while till it empties out.

disney david
04-19-2012, 04:43 PM
If you really don't want to take any disney transportion their another option for mk. Is to valet park at contempory which will be free with the handicap placard then walk to mk it not that bad of a walk and odds you will get they quick then taking te monorail.

seashoreCM
04-19-2012, 04:59 PM
ECVs cannot go on the trams. So she will want to go all the way down to the handicapped parking area. If all of the spaces are taken she could cruise around nearby lots and she could take any any space she finds. Scattered s[aces are likely to be foudn if it is not too early in the day.