PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming GKTW Meet & Fundraiser: September New England Dis Meet Info!!

TSWJan78
04-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Hi Everyone,

I am happy to announce after much hemming and hawing the New England DIS Meet to benifit the Power of 10 will take place the weekend of September 14-16. We are hoping to have a full weekend of fun events that the planning committee is working on!! So save the date and let me know if you want in on the planning fun!!

Can we raise $10,000 again?!?!?!?

UPDATE July 9th
Registration is live.. Sign up now!!

NE Dis Meet (http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e60b5bgmb7f6afb9&llr=n6d996jab)

Friday Night Welcome Dinner!!
September 14, 2012 - 6:00 - 10:00 pm
Join us as we kick the weekend off in style. Dine with 175 of your favorite DISers over an Italian feast complete with Pasta, Chicken, Beef and Fish at the Villa Rose in Ludlow MA. Have a chance to be one of the first to see and bid on one of over 20 Silent Auction items and meet members of the podcast team as we raise money for Give Kids the World.

Saturday Fun at The Big E!!
September 15, 2012 - 10:00am - 11:00
Your admission includes an all day ticket to the Big E and $10 in dining bucks!! If you use your imagination it will be like you are in Disney World without leaving New England. You Have The Stars Of The Peking Acrobats (Festival Of The Lion King), The Righteous Brothers' Bill Medley (Flower Power Concert Series), The Big E Mardi Gras Parade (at 5:00 not 3:00), The Big E Super Circus (Cirque du Soleil), The Avenue Of States (so it's states not countries) plus there are animals, agriculture, a midway and more food than at the EPCOT Food & Wine Festival.

There will be a meet schedule so you have the opportunity to spend time with other DISers or do the fair on your own with your family and friends.
Of note: Parking is $10 per car and not included. If you are interested in carpooling or a shuttle service please note that on your registration form.

Other Saturday Options!!
We are working on a Bus trip that will include a trip to Yankee Candle, Lunch and a viewing of Disney and Cameron Mackintosh's MARY POPPINS at Mortensen Hall in Hartford, CT. We expect this package to range from $50 - $75 and to have limited availability. The bus will leave the hotel around 9:30 AM and return around 5:00. As soon as we have something finalized we will post but for now choose "other Saturday event"

Sunday Funday Brunch with the Bunch!!
September 16, 2012 - 9:30am - 3:00 pm
The event you have all been waiting for!! Join us for brunch with the podcast team and other DISer's in the area at the Germio Lusitano Club in Ludlow, MA for a morning of food, fun and a LIVE podcast recording!!! There will be activities for the kids along with the closing of the Silent Auction items, door prize raffles and lots of surprises. Doors open at 9:30 and you will not want to miss this.

Get your event T-Shirt now!!
These may not be available the day of the event so make sure you preorder your event T Shirt on the registration page.

Stay Local!!
We have secured a room block and a discounted rate at the Sheraton Monarch place in Springfield. This is 20 minutes from Friday's Welcome Dinner and Sunday's Brunch and 10 Minutes from the Big E. I am sure there will be after hours fun at the hotel lounge so this will be the place to stay!!
The group rate for these rooms is $139 a night. You can book and pay in advance for a lower rate but there can be no changes or cancellations at this price.

Want to help?!?
We are still looking for additions to our Silent Auction and Door Prize Raffle. If you have something you are willing to donate email us at NEDisMeet@gmail.com.

TSWJan78
04-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Here is where we are with numbers so far:
Friday Night Welcome Dinner - Adults - 37
Friday Night Welcome Dinner - Children (5-12) - 7
Friday Night Welcome Dinner - (Under 5) - 4
Big E Package Adult - 33
Big E Package Kids (5-12) - 6
Saturday Alternate Event - 4
Brunch with the Bunch - 102

DISers include:
goofybeagle
Sergio Famiglietti
tigger813
doconeill
Darthvader92
Tekoa
Ms. Belle
debs96
queenof3
Cherylse
TallMumHP
dizdad223
melmar136
LifeIsDis
Brumeiser
Dismom+two
travisx4
Annabelle64
RIDizney
UConnFan
Haywardhauler
Grumpy14
Paul in CT
JoeG
peel
krissyp
tata-for-now
jcurci
tickledtink33
Scrooge McDuck fan
pinkerbell
CamColt
snooty3

OKW Lover
04-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Noted on the calendar! :thumbsup2

ragtopday
04-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Blocking off the whole weekend so we can be there for this one! :cool1: I'm willing to help!

WebmasterAlex
04-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am happy to announce after much hemming and hawing the New England DIS Meet to benifit the Power of 10 will take place the weekend of September 14-16. We are hoping to have a full weekend of fun events that the planning committee is working on!! So save the date and let me know if you want in on the planning fun!!

Can we raise $10,000 again?!?!?!?

Not sure why this is even a question.... I know you will!

kafitty
04-18-2012, 01:58 PM
yay! i would love to be part of the planning conmittee, send me details!

i had so much fun last time, i'm thrilled we're doing this again!

tigger813
04-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Woohoo!!!

I put in on the calendar the other day when you IM'd us! I'm not missing this one! Of course I think there are like 2-3 other things going on that weekend but this one is not to be missed!!!!!

Can't wait for our planning sessions!

Kimberle
04-18-2012, 04:23 PM
New England's an awful large area. Can you narrow down the location a little?

Dismom+two
04-18-2012, 05:19 PM
Looking forward to it!!! I can't wait!!

MelissaFromRI
04-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Count me in :woohoo:

I'd also be happy to help with planning / organizing :goodvibes

TSWJan78
04-19-2012, 01:41 AM
New England's an awful large area. Can you narrow down the location a little?

Last year we were in Central Mass but we will have a definite location after our first planning meeting.

Last year we had people travel from all over New England, New York & New jersey, Canada and Florida!!

Cherinva
04-19-2012, 06:20 AM
I'll be in WDW at that time....I know you will do well again for GKTW...have a wonderful time !!!

apurplebrat
04-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Lookin forward to it!
I'd also be happy to help with planning/organizing

BilltM
04-20-2012, 10:53 AM
I've marked the calendar for the weekend. I'm willing to help if needed. :goodvibes

figment3258
04-22-2012, 05:12 PM
I am marking the weekend . I would love to help out too!

TSWJan78
04-24-2012, 07:13 PM
We will be having our first planning meeting via webinar/conference call on Wednesday, May 2nd at 8:00pm. I am hoping this initial call only takes an hour. If you are interested in joining please send me an email to NEDisMeet@gmail.com and I will send you the info.

Thanks
Tara

OKW Lover
04-25-2012, 05:14 AM
Email sent! :coffee:

TSWJan78
04-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Got it.. Thanks Jeff

sorcerer sergio
04-25-2012, 08:12 PM
I can't wait!!! Exciting news!!

DarthVader92
04-25-2012, 09:00 PM
Just sent my email.

goofy4tink
04-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Sounds doable...hopefully I can make it to this one too!! Fitchburg was great fun.

TSWJan78
05-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Planning meeting tomorrow night at 8:00 pm. Please email NEDISMeet@gmail.com if you would like the info.

EDuke98080
05-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Dont forget, meeting tonight! :)

TSWJan78
05-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Thanks to my new Divas. Can't wait to work with you all

figment3258
05-17-2012, 08:16 AM
Are we still meeting this Sunday? Just making sure I didn't miss anything

tigger813
05-17-2012, 08:40 AM
Are we still meeting this Sunday? Just making sure I didn't miss anything

I don't think so. Tara realized she had something else going on that day. But I will let her confirm.

Jacksmom99
05-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Can someone fill me in on what I missed in the planning chat last night? Put me to work, people!

UConnFan
06-01-2012, 08:56 AM
I just heard about this on this week's podcast! SO excited!!! :banana::banana::banana:

OKW Lover
06-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Just a thought, but isn't the Big E running that weekend too? Perhaps its something that could be used to help attract more people to come from out of the area. Not suggesting we actually do anything at the Big E, just giving people one more reason to come.

BilltM
06-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Just a thought, but isn't the Big E running that weekend too? Perhaps its something that could be used to help attract more people to come from out of the area. Not suggesting we actually do anything at the Big E, just giving people one more reason to come.

September 14th - September 29th this year.

safetymom
06-01-2012, 01:19 PM
The Big E has been on my bucket list for years. :) :)

disney4dan
06-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Just listened to the podcast today, and am glad to know this is coming up. I was just thinking about how much fun we had last year at the benefit, and now we have this to look forward to!

And, talk about timing, we had been trying to find a way to do a WDW trip in 2013. Much to our disappointment, we couldn't find a way to make it work financially. It was going to be at least $4,000 for our family and that is just not in the cards. To top it off, I listened to Pete talk about the ticket price increase and realized we are now in that minority where this increase has pushed beyond our limits :-( It was getting depressing, but now we have this to look forward to and get in our own little bit of Disney magic here in our back yard and be able to benefit a good cause :banana:

Thanks for doing this guys, and we'll be there!

hockeymomNS
06-03-2012, 07:07 PM
I think that I will be a repeat visitor as well!!!!:banana::cutie:

EDuke98080
06-03-2012, 10:47 PM
The Big E opens the 14th. We could probably get group tickets of there is enough people who wanted to go.

EDuke98080
06-03-2012, 10:48 PM
I think that I will be a repeat visitor as well!!!!:banana::cutie:

Yay! can't wait to meet you in person!

EDuke98080
06-03-2012, 10:51 PM
Just listened to the podcast today, and am glad to know this is coming up. I was just thinking about how much fun we had last year at the benefit, and now we have this to look forward to!

And, talk about timing, we had been trying to find a way to do a WDW trip in 2013. Much to our disappointment, we couldn't find a way to make it work financially. It was going to be at least $4,000 for our family and that is just not in the cards. To top it off, I listened to Pete talk about the ticket price increase and realized we are now in that minority where this increase has pushed beyond our limits :-( It was getting depressing, but now we have this to look forward to and get in our own little bit of Disney magic here in our back yard and be able to benefit a good cause :banana:

Thanks for doing this guys, and we'll be there!

It's gonna be great! Maybe a new ticker is in order.....

ScrappinGran
06-04-2012, 04:22 AM
Can someone explain what this is? A meet up of sorts as well as fund raising?
I live in Plymouth, MA, and this sounds fun and interesting.

lucky978
06-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Where can I find out more information about this meet? Would love to participate if possible. Live in Northern Massachusetts. Thanks!

tigger813
06-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Where can I find out more information about this meet? Would love to participate if possible. Live in Northern Massachusetts. Thanks!

We're working on details! Had some new ideas that are in the works! We will post more as soon as we know!

We are in Littleton! Where are you?

OKW Lover
06-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Can someone explain what this is? A meet up of sorts as well as fund raising?
I live in Plymouth, MA, and this sounds fun and interesting.

I'm also in Plymouth. :wave:

As you've surmised, this is both a DIS meet and a fund raiser for Give Kids the World. Its a great way to meet a bunch of people that have a similar interest and to support a charity that does really good work.

There will be more details announced as the team gets things setup. Right now its in the organizational stages. Keep following this thread.

melmar136
06-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Just came across this thread and would love to come! Last year's event was great!

TSWJan78
06-06-2012, 08:42 PM
OK.. Here is what I can tell you...

September 14 - 16th
Springfield Area

You may want to plan for a hotel if you have a commute
You will not want to miss Sunday
There will be a few options for Saturday

Registraiton will open no later than July 1st

TSWJan78
06-14-2012, 03:08 PM
Hi everyone,

I need anyone planning to come to take a moment to fill out this survey... We are ready to announce details but just need your take on a few things!!

www.surveymonkey.com/s/7YFZ7SJ
Thanks
Tara

hockeymomNS
06-14-2012, 03:23 PM
Yeeeee haaaaaawwww
I filled mine out!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

thbath77
07-02-2012, 10:34 AM
So Interested guys!! We live in Burlington, VT but make a trip down to Mass as I have family who live in Littleton. Can't wait to find out more info!

disney4dan
07-04-2012, 05:15 AM
I'm really looking forward to this! Sitting at the beach on a rainy 4th of July morning and already looking forward to the Fall festivals and seeing people we met last year at the Cars meet.

Ms. Belle
07-04-2012, 11:09 PM
I haven't been on the boards in a while and was so happy to see the confirmed dates. I can't wait! Really looking forward to it!

tigger813
07-06-2012, 08:59 PM
So Interested guys!! We live in Burlington, VT but make a trip down to Mass as I have family who live in Littleton. Can't wait to find out more info!

This is sooo funny! My brother lives in Burlington, VT and we live in Littleton, MA. Feel free to PM me! Who is your family down here?
We are part of the planning committee!

Talk about a small world!

TTFN :tigger:

EDuke98080
07-06-2012, 10:15 PM
This is sooo funny! My brother lives in Burlington, VT and we live in Littleton, MA. Feel free to PM me! Who is your family down here?

Tracey,
Welcome back!

megveg
07-06-2012, 11:29 PM
ooo whatever this meeting is, I want to go! Subbing to stay in the loop! I'm a bit further out in Natick but its all good :thumbsup2

TSWJan78
07-07-2012, 07:57 AM
The web page and registration are just waiting for the hotel link. Hoping it is up Monday!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

miss missy
07-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Hoping we can come again!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

tigger813
07-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Tracey,
Welcome back!

Thanks, Erika!!!!!

TSWJan78
07-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Registration is live.. Sign up now!!

NE Dis Meet (http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e60b5bgmb7f6afb9&llr=n6d996jab)

OKW Lover
07-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Done!!!

OKW Lover
07-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Tara,
Just a suggestion - add a line on the registration page for an additional donation to GKTW. That way those that want to give more than just what the events cost can do it all at one time.

EDuke98080
07-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Tara,
Just a suggestion - add a line on the registration page for an additional donation to GKTW. That way those that want to give more than just what the events cost can do it all at one time.

Great idea Jeff!

myweegirls
07-10-2012, 07:09 AM
Alas, I think we're not going to make this one. September is just shaping up to be a bit too busy already (!), with the girls starting a new school, Anna's birthday on the 17th, and our hotel review/Tower of Terror 10-miler trip two weeks after this event. We hate to miss it, but I can't wait to hear all about the good times! If we get a wild hair and come up last minute, I'll be sure to let everyone know...

XO
Liz

TSWJan78
07-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Tara,

Done!!

thbath77
07-10-2012, 11:51 AM

Sent :-)

linnell
07-10-2012, 02:03 PM
I just signed up for Sunday only. Looking forward to it, I always wanted to go to a podcast recording :)

miss missy
07-11-2012, 05:21 PM
sub'ing

pinkerbell
07-11-2012, 06:27 PM
sub,ing :)

gmboy95
07-19-2012, 07:22 PM
We will be there!!!

skier_pete
07-20-2012, 12:18 PM
How late would I have to decide on this?

I grew up in Agawam, MA, which is a good 5 minutes from the Big E. (My middle school was within walking distance of the Big E, and my Dad ran a ski Demo for Mt. Tom at the Big E for many years.) I just heard about this, but are leaving for a trip to DL/Australia for 1 month, so I won't be able to decide on whether or not we can go back "home" for this until probably the end of August. I've always wanted to take DD9 back to the Big E. I think coming this year will be very iffy, but again I won't be able to even think about it for a month.

Thanks all, hope you have a great time if we can't make it.

SkierPete

pinkerbell
07-20-2012, 03:14 PM

I grew up in Agawam, MA, which is a good 5 minutes from the Big E. (My middle school was within walking distance of the Big E, and my Dad ran a ski Demo for Mt. Tom at the Big E for many years.) I just heard about this, but are leaving for a trip to DL/Australia for 1 month, so I won't be able to decide on whether or not we can go back "home" for this until probably the end of August. I've always wanted to take DD9 back to the Big E. I think coming this year will be very iffy, but again I won't be able to even think about it for a month.

SkierPete

Hey Skier Pete! Nice to see u on the boards again, remember me? Didn't we meet at???? was it AK ~ Flame tree bbq??? not sure, maybe you can refresh my memory. Hope you can go. We are hoping for the dinner, the Big E and the podcast...
keep us posted :)
:goodvibes

skier_pete
07-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Hey Skier Pete! Nice to see u on the boards again, remember me? Didn't we meet at???? was it AK ~ Flame tree bbq??? not sure, maybe you can refresh my memory. Hope you can go. We are hoping for the dinner, the Big E and the podcast...
keep us posted :)

Yes - we did meet in line at Flame Tree...many many (well 5) years ago. Good to "see" you. I am not sure we will make it out this year, though. It would probably somewhat last minute if we do.

TSWJan78
07-22-2012, 07:02 PM
So new incentive! Anyone signing up for our New England DIS meet prior to August 15th will receive 10 Door Prize raffle tickets and a chance to win 2 tickets to Cirque du Soleil La Nouba tickets!! CLICK HERE (http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e60b5bgmb7f6afb9&llr=n6d996jab)

Mariep26
07-22-2012, 09:04 PM
Sub'ing!! I am somewhat new to all this so I am excited to find this thread. Need to see what, if anything, we have going on that weekend. I really want to go to the Big E so this would be a great trip!!

EDuke98080
07-22-2012, 10:45 PM

SkierPete

Hope you can make it!

I believe the registration officially closes Sept 1st. That being said, the sooner people register, the better the planning group can prepare (food amounts, paper goods, kids activities supplies, etc). I believe that there will be some incentives for people who register earlier rather than later (maybe extra door prize tickets???) but you are welcome to register when you get back. The only downside would be that the welcome dinner on Friday and/or the breakfast/silent auction on Sunday could be sold out due to space constraints at the venues. :confused3

Have an amazing time on your trip and hope to see you in Sept at the Big E!

DarthVader92
07-24-2012, 11:55 PM
It's official!
Pete Werner
Kathy werling
Teresa Echols
Corey Martin
Julie Martin
Dustin
Shaun

Will be at the meet!!!! Be sure to sign up for this amazing weekend!!!!

OKW Lover
07-25-2012, 06:52 AM
It's official!
Pete Werner
Kathy werling
Teresa Echols
Corey Martin
Julie Martin
Dustin
Shaun

Will be at the meet!!!! Be sure to sign up for this amazing weekend!!!!

Great crew! Looking forward to seeing all of them.

Ms. Belle
07-25-2012, 05:58 PM
I just registered; I'm so excited for this event! My sister and nephew are joining me; they aren't familiar with the Podcast, but they have time to listen and get acquainted. They were in once they heard that it also benefited GKTW.

Looking forward to seeing the Podcast Team and meeting lots of new friends!

LittleSeacow
07-25-2012, 06:57 PM
We live about two hours away and would like to attend. We have two little ones (1 & 3) that we would like to bring them to the big e and then stay at the hotel so we can attend the podcast recording on Sunday. Do kids attend the recording?
Thanks!

TSWJan78
07-25-2012, 08:45 PM
We live about two hours away and would like to attend. We have two little ones (1 & 3) that we would like to bring them to the big e and then stay at the hotel so we can attend the podcast recording on Sunday. Do kids attend the recording?
Thanks!

So happy you can join us. Little ones are welcome, we will have activities and fun stuff for them to do while the show records.

TallMumHP
07-26-2012, 07:07 PM
So excited!! Just signed up for the whole weekend of fun. Cannot wait for the Big E and Brunch Podcast! Thank you for organizing this event.

Brumeiser
07-28-2012, 01:52 AM
I have talked to my wife and i think i have talked her into it. We are coming from Ohio. Will there be detailed instructions on all the venues so we can get around? Do you have a ending time for Sunday? We need to start driving back since it is a 11 hour drive. Thanks

DarthVader92
07-28-2012, 11:54 AM
Sunday is due to be over around 3pm. It starts at 9am with I believe 10:30 podcast recording and that should last an hour to an hour and a half.

TSWJan78
07-28-2012, 08:19 PM
I have talked to my wife and i think i have talked her into it. We are coming from Ohio. Will there be detailed instructions on all the venues so we can get around? Do you have a ending time for Sunday? We need to start driving back since it is a 11 hour drive. Thanks

Yes... There will be a program with detailed instructions to each location along with the opportunity to car pool too.

Matt is right Sunday is starting at 9, breakfast at 10:30, podcast at 11:30 and you can leave as Early or late as you want. We would love for you to come.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

dizdad223
07-30-2012, 10:56 AM
We've been looking for some Dis events regionally and after hearing the "promo" in the last podcast we were sold. Really looking forward to it!

OKW Lover
08-01-2012, 08:47 AM
I'm currently on the "Back Stage Magic" ABD trip. Yesterday we stopped at Disney's Imagineering offices and saw some amazing things. What does that have to do with GKTW? We were able to shop for some exclusive Imagineering items in their gift shop. I picked up an assortment of Imagineering items and we will be offering them as a raffle (or perhaps an auction) item at the meet. Stuff you can't get anywhere else! :thumbsup2

TSWJan78
08-01-2012, 04:12 PM
I'm currently on the "Back Stage Magic" ABD trip. Yesterday we stopped at Disney's Imagineering offices and saw some amazing things. What does that have to do with GKTW? We were able to shop for some exclusive Imagineering items in their gift shop. I picked up an assortment of Imagineering items and we will be offering them as a raffle (or perhaps an auction) item at the meet. Stuff you can't get anywhere else! :thumbsup2

You rock Jeff!!! Thanks!!!

pinkerbell
08-01-2012, 06:11 PM
We will be signing up for the Fri Dinner and the Sunday Brunch, we are also going to the Big E on that Saturday, but will have a 17 day value pass as we live close and will go often. Is the Big E day a group activity that we can join in or is it on your own? Also, do accept items for the raffle, if so what type? I would help w/anything that is needed as we are local to the meet :goodvibes

EDuke98080
08-01-2012, 06:49 PM

Can't wait to start the bidding........

EDuke98080
08-01-2012, 07:23 PM
We will be signing up for the Fri Dinner and the Sunday Brunch, we are also going to the Big E on that Saturday, but will have a 17 day value pass as we live close and will go often. Is the Big E day a group activity that we can join in or is it on your own? Also, do accept items for the raffle, if so what type? I would help w/anything that is needed as we are local to the meet :goodvibes

So glad you can join us! We are thinking of setting up Saturday with some mini meets at the Big E once we know the schedule of events for that day. That way people can meet if they would like and also see what they would like on their own. You are welcome to join in at the Big E where you would like.

We are accepting donations for the raffle/auction and can use pretty much anything people can come up with! Some things that we had last year include gift cards, themed gift baskets, handmade teddy bears, movie tickets, Disney items, collectibles, toys & games, tickets to events etc.... We are appreciative of any donations people would like to contribute!!!!

We WILL need help as the event, thanks for volunteering. :goodvibes

Looking forward to meeting you!

Erika

UConnFan
08-01-2012, 08:42 PM
We've been looking for some Dis events regionally and after hearing the "promo" in the last podcast we were sold. Really looking forward to it!

Wait! What's the promo? I haven't listened yet...I'm saving them for my drive to Nova Scotia on Friday.

doconeill
08-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Wait! What's the promo? I haven't listened yet...I'm saving them for my drive to Nova Scotia on Friday.

We recorded a "mini podcast" which was played on last week's podcast :)

Haywardhauler
08-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Just listened to the "mini podcast". Awesome Job !!!!!!

Me and the rest of my family will be attending our very first Give Kids the World Event !

tigger813
08-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Just listened to the "mini podcast". Awesome Job !!!!!!

Me and the rest of my family will be attending our very first Give Kids the World Event !

THANKS!!!! Looking forward to meeting your family! It's going to be an awesome weekend!

peel
08-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Today, I signed up for the Sunday brunch! I've been a DISBboard member since I was planning my honeymoon in 2007, but I've largely been a lurker for the last few years. I've listened to the podcast since the beginning, though, and I'm psyched to see a live taping.

Fingers crossed for a Pete Rant! :thumbsup2

JoeG
08-06-2012, 08:59 PM
Tara,
When I signed up for the meet, forgot to sign up for Sunday brunch. :sad1: What do you recommend is the best way to sign up at the point.

Thanks for all the hard work!

TSWJan78
08-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Less than a week left to take advantage of the Early Sign up bonuses like a chance to win 2 Cirque Tickets and 10 FREE Door Prize tickets for this meet. It is set to be a great time!!

TSWJan78
08-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Tara,
When I signed up for the meet, forgot to sign up for Sunday brunch. :sad1: What do you recommend is the best way to sign up at the point.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Sent you an email Joe!!

JoeG
08-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Sent you an email Joe!!

Thanks For the help and see you in September!!!!!!:cool1: :thumbsup2 :wizard:

krissyp
08-10-2012, 08:44 AM
I just signed up for the brunch on Sunday. I listen to and love the podcasts, but mostly a lurker on the boards. I just can't pass up the opportunity to meet fellow Dis'ers that are less than a 2 hour drive from me! So excited!!! :yay::yay::yay:

TSWJan78
08-10-2012, 02:16 PM
I just signed up for the brunch on Sunday. I listen to and love the podcasts, but mostly a lurker on the boards. I just can't pass up the opportunity to meet fellow Dis'ers that are less than a 2 hour drive from me! So excited!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Woo Hoo!!! Can't wait to meet you!!

snooty3
08-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Thank you for organizing a Western Mass. event. I am excited about the Podcast, I can't believe the meet is just up the road from me in Belchertown!!!

tickledtink33
08-15-2012, 07:51 AM
Hi Everyone

Just signed up! I live just down the road in Chicopee. It's pretty cool that this meet is only 15 minutes from my house! I look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones!

TSWJan78
08-15-2012, 10:36 AM
Hi Everyone,

This is the last day to sign up with the bonus of 10 Door prize raffle tickets and a chance to win La Nouba Tickets for the New England DIS meet!!

We have over 100 people signed up for brunch & LIVE PODCAST RECORDING plus over 50 for the Welcome Dinner so we hope you decide to come!!

SIGN UP NOW!! (http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=n6d996jab&oeidk=a07e60b5bgmb7f6afb9)

EDuke98080
08-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Hi Everyone

Just signed up! I live just down the road in Chicopee. It's pretty cool that this meet is only 15 minutes from my house! I look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones!

Welcome! Looking forward to meeting you!

EDuke98080
08-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Thank you for organizing a Western Mass. event. I am excited about the Podcast, I can't believe the meet is just up the road from me in Belchertown!!!

So glad you can make it! Welcome!!

TSWJan78
08-15-2012, 01:29 PM
Hi Everyone,

This is the last day to sign up with the bonus of 10 Door prize raffle tickets and a chance to win La Nouba Tickets for the New England DIS meet!!

We have over 100 people signed up for brunch & LIVE PODCAST RECORDING plus over 50 for the Welcome Dinner so we hope you decide to come!!

SIGN UP NOW!! (http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=n6d996jab&oeidk=a07e60b5bgmb7f6afb9)

DisneyKevin
08-15-2012, 03:41 PM
As today is the last day for sign ups, this should be on the main Dis Unplugged page where the most people will see it.

$10,000 is lot of money and I think this good deed desrves as much exposue as possible.

DisneyKevin
08-15-2012, 03:42 PM
I think we can beat last year!

What do you say folks?

Can we beat last year's total?

VisualArt
08-15-2012, 06:08 PM

TSWJan78
08-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Three new sign ups today!!!

Keep them coming!!

Bornteach
08-15-2012, 09:38 PM
We had a GREAT planning meeting tonight! We are going to have FUN! Join us!!

disney4dan
08-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Just signed up! Missed the early deadline, but looking forward to seeing everyone and helping out this great cause.

freesone
08-17-2012, 09:44 AM
We're all signed up. Can't wait:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

DisneyFreak1976
08-17-2012, 01:07 PM
Is it possible to just come up for the day? I have never been to any kind of Disney meet but can't afford the hotel stay for the weekend.

doconeill
08-17-2012, 01:13 PM
Is it possible to just come up for the day? I have never been to any kind of Disney meet but can't afford the hotel stay for the weekend.

Absolutely! There is no requirement to attend all of the events or stay overnight...whatever is most convenient to you!

DisneyFreak1976
08-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Thank you doconeill. That's awesome. Do you know if there is a shuttle/carpool happening from the Boston area?

I live just north of Boston and don't own a car.

If anyone has info please send me a private message and lets talk.

ShesAPirate
08-25-2012, 02:44 PM
Just wanted to thank Bornteach and TSWJan78 for coming down to our NYC meet last night, and for their generous donation of La Nouba tickets for our raffle! It was wonderful to meet you both. Thanks again!:goodvibes

disney4dan
08-26-2012, 07:35 AM
I just went to the Sheraton Monarch Springfield website and it looks like they are all booked for the weekend :-(

I guess that will teach me to procrastinate! I will call them directly just to be sure, seems unusual for a small city to be completely booked, but the Big E is a huge draw for that weekend.

TSWJan78
08-26-2012, 03:38 PM
I just went to the Sheraton Monarch Springfield website and it looks like they are all booked for the weekend :-(

I guess that will teach me to procrastinate! I will call them directly just to be sure, seems unusual for a small city to be completely booked, but the Big E is a huge draw for that weekend.

I will call them tomorrow and email you Dan. They may still have rooms in our block.

Thanks

EDuke98080
08-26-2012, 05:32 PM
I will call them tomorrow and email you Dan. They may still have rooms in our block.

Thanks

If they dont have anything send me a PM and I am sure we can find something close by.

pinkerbell
08-26-2012, 07:18 PM

I am in Agawam, one town over from W spfld. If you look just south to Enfield, CT you are right off the highway (91) there is a Red Roof Inn, a Motel 6 and a Hampton Inn. If you go North you can Look to Holyoke also off 91.

The Big E draws a LOT of vendors and visitors so I am not sure if yo can find anything in W Spfld at this point or not, but a Google seach for
*anytown* *state* hotels brings up all the options
good luck
hope to see you there

disney4dan
08-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the alternates - we'll take a look and see what we can find. I am just bummed that we didn't snag a room with everyone else at the Sheraton.

The good news is that we live in northern Worcester County so we can drive from home if need be (and save a few hundred that can be used for charity auctions!).

EDuke98080
08-26-2012, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the alternates - we'll take a look and see what we can find. I am just bummed that we didn't snag a room with everyone else at the Sheraton.

The good news is that we live in northern Worcester County so we can drive from home if need be (and save a few hundred that can be used for charity auctions!).

You may want to try thr Comfort Inn in Ludlow. It's close to the Friday & Sunday events and not too far from Springfield either.

TSWJan78
08-27-2012, 08:57 AM
So I spoke with the hotel and they still have rooms open for our group. Please use our dedicated link here (https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=1207093695&key=9C812).

You only have until Friday so please do it soon.

Thanks
Tara

disney4dan
08-28-2012, 04:57 AM
I got my room and am looking forward to meeting everyone!

If I recall correctly, didn't Pete say that Walter couldn't make it this year because he would be traveling to Machu Pichu in Peru? If so, safe travels Walter and that is a trip report I'll be looking forward to!

OKW Lover
08-29-2012, 11:31 AM
For those that haven't been to the Big E before and were wondering about food options I found this page on the Big E website (http://www.thebige.com/fair/vendors/FoodAtFair.asp). Pretty much something for everyone!!!

...except for Dole Whips :(

DisneyFreak1976
08-29-2012, 12:53 PM
Is anyone from the Boston area going out for the day to the Meet? I'd love to join you if possible and I'd help pay for gas.

Have never been to a Disney fan meet and would love to go.

Pvt message me please.

TSWJan78
08-29-2012, 01:12 PM
Is anyone from the Boston area going out for the day to the Meet? I'd love to join you if possible and I'd help pay for gas.

Have never been to a Disney fan meet and would love to go.

Pvt message me please.

There is a Peter Pan Bus that leaves at 8:00 and gets in around 10.. not sure if that is an option

DisneyFreak1976
08-29-2012, 01:41 PM
That's definitely an option. Is there a link where I can sign up for that?

disneynan
08-29-2012, 06:58 PM
[QUOTE=disney4dan;45969806]I got my room and am looking forward to meeting everyone!

Sadly though, we cannot attend the Sunday events because our town is having their 250th celebration parade and the kids have to march. :(

Hopefully if the podcast goes well it will be included in next year's event because I can't believe we have to miss it.

disneynan
08-29-2012, 07:03 PM
Thanks for including me in the live call in show this week! I got out of work at 3:10 and figured that I didn't have any chance to get through. I was over my mom's house by the time I got on air and kept wandering around the house trying to get away from my family so that I could hear you all. Toward the end my mom started talking to me - it sounded like I was highjacking your conversation. :eek:

tarabelle13
08-31-2012, 11:31 AM
I heard on the podcast about preordering Big E tkts through this event? I cant make the event, but I will order my tkts through the meet if a portion is going to GKTW.

Can you please tell me where I can do that? Thanks

EDuke98080
08-31-2012, 03:11 PM
I heard on the podcast about preordering Big E tkts through this event? I cant make the event, but I will order my tkts through the meet if a portion is going to GKTW.

Can you please tell me where I can do that? Thanks

Go to the sign up link in TSWJan78's signature in the above post and register only for the Sat Big E tickets. We will mail them to you as soon as we pick up the order. PM TSWJan78 and let her know that you are not attending and want the tickets mailed to you.

Sorry you can't make it, thank you for supporting GKTW!

kafitty
09-01-2012, 02:27 PM
just registered, for Sunday! :cool1: can't wait to see everyone again. i'll be by my lonesome, so if someone random girl in her mid-twenties starts jabbering away at you...well, just talk back! :goodvibes

gojoe
09-02-2012, 08:53 AM
Just signed up for Sunday, can't wait.

I normally don't talk to people about Disney, their eyes always seem to glaze over and they have to go. Maybe this time I'll talk to one of you.

DarthVader92
09-02-2012, 07:07 PM
You will now be able to purchase your own DISboards.com hydro flask with a $5 donation to give kids the world at the meet!!! They will be available for $26 and change plus the donation. Be sure to sign up. Registration ends September 7th!!!!!!!

EDuke98080
09-02-2012, 08:45 PM
just registered, for Sunday! :cool1: can't wait to see everyone again. i'll be by my lonesome, so if someone random girl in her mid-twenties starts jabbering away at you...well, just talk back! :goodvibes

My DD will be there and she is in her mid twenties too. I'll make sure you get introduced!

Just signed up for Sunday, can't wait.

I normally don't talk to people about Disney, their eyes always seem to glaze over and they have to go. Maybe this time I'll talk to one of you.

So glad you can make it! You wont see nay glazed over faces when you talk Disney with this crew!

Brumeiser
09-05-2012, 02:20 AM
We are leaving a week from tomorrow too start the long drive. Just want to make sure we get the info on where to go each day. Are there any meets at the big e fair? thanks I am looking forward in seeing everyone.

TSWJan78
09-05-2012, 05:23 AM
We will be sending an email to all who have registered this weekend. Keep an eye out for it.

DarthVader92
09-06-2012, 09:41 AM
Please consider bringing some auction or raffle items with you to the event! We are looking forward to getting a lot of money raised in the silent auction items so if your have something that you'd be willing to donate please either let Tara or myself know or bring it directly to the event and we can it into the silent auction or the door prizes.

doconeill
09-06-2012, 11:00 AM
In case you were wondering what some of the unusual food options are at the Big E, here is a peek...of course, some of the current popular fair foods are there...chocolate covered bacon...fried oreos...maple bacon ice cream...

...but...FRIED KOOL AID?!?!?!?

Photos: Fried Kool-Aid, Other Curious Foods At Big E (http://www.wcvb.com/news/entertainment/-/9848582/11738536/-/1exc1d/-/index.html)

TallMumHP
09-06-2012, 06:55 PM
My family may be ditching after the Big E to get home for home work etc. Do you think I would be able to arrange a ride to the brunch from the hotel and then
a ride back to the Boston area after the podcast? I would be happy to pitch in for tolls and gas. I just do not want to miss the podcast. I am really looking forward to it.

TSWJan78
09-06-2012, 08:02 PM
I am willing to help with both but that means staying till the very end and leaving the hotel extra early. We will make it work!!!

TallMumHP
09-06-2012, 08:18 PM
I am willing to help with both but that means staying till the very end and leaving the hotel extra early. We will make it work!!!

Sure. I would be happy to help with set up that morning. I will send you a private message with my contact info. Thanks

Brumeiser
09-07-2012, 02:14 AM
What is the dress code for the Friday night dinner? I need to start packing this weekend and I was wondering about what to bring. Thanks

pinkerbell
09-07-2012, 06:45 AM
We will be sending an email to all who have registered this weekend. Keep an eye out for it.

Who will the email be coming from, sadly even emails I sent myself as a reminder get sent to my spam???? :rolleyes:

TSWJan78
09-07-2012, 06:59 AM
What is the dress code for the Friday night dinner? I need to start packing this weekend and I was wondering about what to bring. Thanks
The Villa rose is your typical local italian restaurant. Nothing to fancy but we will be taking lots of pictures I have not yet decided what I wearing but what ever you Choose you will look Fabulous !!

Who will the email be coming from, sadly even emails I sent myself as a reminder get sent to my spam???? :rolleyes:

NEDisMeet@gmail.com

I will post the email here too so no one misses the info!!

OKW Lover
09-07-2012, 07:14 AM
The previous few messages made me think a bit about what to wear to the Big E. I've been before and wanted to let those new people know that there is a lot of walking involved with the Big E. Not as much as you might get at say, a day in Epcot, but still a lot of walking. So first item on the list is comfortable shoes. Keep in mind that some of this walking will be on dirt/mud so don't go for style so much as protection.

Second, The weather in at the Big E then will likely be just fine. Typical comfortable 70's in the day time with low humidity. But, it could be something else. Last year on the day I went it started to rain in the early afternoon and pretty much washed out the rest of the day. So, the second item is a disposable poncho. Start checking the weather forecast for Springfield MA a few days before the meet to get a good idea of what to expect. Right now the 10 day forecast shows 80 degrees and 10% chance of rain.

Third; Much of the fair is outside so you will be in the sun more than you realize. Bring a hat and sunscreen.

Identification - as in how to recognize fellow DIS'ers in the Big E. Good question. I'm probably going to have my DIS Unplugged T-shirt on. Or my DIS hat. If you see me and I don't recognize you, don't be afraid to say something - I'm really bad at remembering names/faces but always happy to meet another DIS'er.

bryannem
09-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Just registered for the brunch on Sunday. No one would come with me so I'm hoping to meet some fun new DIS people!! Very excited :)

*NikkiBell*
09-07-2012, 05:36 PM
Being that the meet is a week away now, I'm going to stick this to the main forum.

Bornteach
09-07-2012, 05:39 PM
How kind of you Nikki, thank you.

disney4dan
09-07-2012, 06:09 PM
We are really looking forward to this! So bummed that we have to miss the Sunday event because of other commitments, but we'll be sure to look for everyone on Friday and Saturday. You won't be able to miss us, we'll be the family with smiles on our faces and wearing something Disney related :thumbsup2

I'll have to see if I can find a more current picture than the one in my signature line maybe?:confused3

JoeG
09-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Tara will we be getting a packet for the weekend...or will we get it when we get to Springfield.....

TSWJan78
09-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Tara will we be getting a packet for the weekend...or will we get it when we get to Springfield.....

Hi Joe,

We just finished making the credentials packets. They will be handed out at your first event. For those of you doing the Big E as your first event you can pick your packet up either from the Hotel or from me... I will email you all my contact info and more inside scoop tomorrow.

1 week to go!!!

TSWJan78
09-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Hi Everyone,
We hope you are as excited about next weekend as we are. We know many of you have lots of questions so I hope this email answers many of them for you.

Friday night – Welcome Dinner
Villa Rose
1428 Center Street
Ludlow, MA 01056

Doors open at 6:30 and Dinner starts at 7:15. There will be a 50/50 raffle along with Trivia and a preview of the silent auction items where you get to open the bidding!! You will also be the lucky ones who have the opportunity to purchase any extra event T shirts and DISBoards.com Hydroflasks!!

Saturday - Fun day at the Big E.

Gates open at 8 a.m.
Most exhibits and buildings are open 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Avenue of States & Storrowton Village: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Midway: Sunday - Friday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.;
Saturday, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Craft Common: 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.

We have planned a few mini meets
The Big E Super Circus – 1 pm
Catherine Hickland - Comedy Hypnotist - Storrowton Village Gazebo – 2pm
The Big E Mardi Gras Parade – 5 pm – Meet at End of Parade Route
The Stars of the Peking Acrobats –Court of Honor Stage - 6:30 pm

Please make sure you wear comfortable shoes and if you have a DIS Unplugged or Lime Green TShirt it would be great for you to wear so we can find you.

For anyone interested in going to Yankee Candle we will meet in the Lobby of the Sheraton at 10:00am and caravan over to Yankee Candle planning on a 10:30 arrival for those who want to head straight there.

Sunday – Brunch with the Bunch
Gremio Lusitano Club
385 Winsor Street
Ludlow, MA 01056
Door open at 9:00
Brunch at 10:00
Silent Auctions Close12:00
Podcast at 12:00

We are asking people to bring a “Potluck Pastry” If each family can bring a dozen of some breakfast type baked good it would be appreciated. Please label if it has nuts in it as well.

We will have Chair massages, over 20 Silent auction items and over 30 Door Prize raffle items, T Shirts, Hydro Flasks (If they are left after Friday night) along with activities for the kids and much much more!!

We are looking forward to seeing you all. If you have any questions, get lost, or need to reach us please call my cell phone 617-413-9342.

See you all soon!!

Tara & the Divas!!!

Brumeiser
09-09-2012, 03:47 PM
If we purchased a teeshirt when will those be available? looking foward in seeing everyone next weekend.

TSWJan78
09-09-2012, 04:02 PM
If we purchased a teeshirt when will those be available? looking foward in seeing everyone next weekend.

You can pick those up as early as Friday night.

tiggerplus5
09-10-2012, 05:57 PM
The circus fills up fast and there's usually a long line to wait. I don't know if you have some seating reserved through the Big E. Just thought I would give everyone a head's up. If anyone from the planning committee has been to the Big E, then you probably already know this.

We won't be going to the Big E but DH and I will be attending the breakfast/podcast recording. See you all then!

WebmasterCorey
09-11-2012, 08:26 AM
See you all Saturday morning! :thumbsup2

Unfortunately, our flight doesn't get in until 12am, so we're going to miss the Friday events.

goofy4tink
09-12-2012, 06:49 AM
Have a ball you guys. I really wish I could get out to this one...sounds like a wonderful time. But family duties call. Weather looks good and cooperative!!! Have some fried dough for me please!!!!!

safetymom
09-12-2012, 07:30 AM
Have a ball you guys. I really wish I could get out to this one...sounds like a wonderful time. But family duties call. Weather looks good and cooperative!!! Have some fried dough for me please!!!!!

Darn!!! I was looking forward to seeing you!!!

OKW Lover
09-12-2012, 07:46 AM

Are you sure you can't make anything this weekend? Sneak away for just an hour or two?

Same here!

BilltM
09-12-2012, 10:32 AM
I'll be there for Sunday but I thought I'd add information for those staying at the Sheraton or Marriott for the weekend. I worked at Tower Square a couple years back and not much has changed.

There is an enclosed foot bridge that connects the Sheraton to Tower Square where there is a CVS pharmacy and Dunkin Donuts on the lower level. Attached to the Marriott is a Champions sports bar that has pub food and drink.

If anyone is looking for food and/or drinks after the events (mostly drinks) the Student Prince restaurant is about three streets from the hotel on Fort Street and is in walking distance. Great German food, German beer on tap, wine by the glass and Gemutlichkeit (Google it, there is a Jungle Book reference there). Try the fried Camembert cheese. If you need another opinion ask Lee Cockerell he ran the Marriott Springfield early in his career and knows the Student Prince well. Check out www.studentprince.com for more info and recipes even if you don't stop.

Also, Max's Tavern at the Basketball Hall Fame has great drinks and food. No admission required. Max's is walkable but probably best to take your car. Max's has an extensive drink menu, check it out. www.maxrestaurantgroup.com

I hope this helps and see you all Sunday:thumbsup2

doconeill
09-12-2012, 11:12 AM
I'll be there for Sunday but I thought I'd add information for those staying at the Sheraton or Marriott for the weekend. I worked at Tower Square a couple years back and not much has changed.

There is an enclosed foot bridge that connects the Sheraton to Tower Square where there is a CVS pharmacy and Dunkin Donuts on the lower level. Attached to the Marriott is a Champions sports bar that has pub food and drink.

If anyone is looking for food and/or drinks after the events (mostly drinks) the Student Prince restaurant is about three streets from the hotel on Fort Street and is in walking distance. Great German food, German beer on tap, wine by the glass and Gemutlichkeit (Google it, there is a Jungle Book reference there). Try the fried Camembert cheese. If you need another opinion ask Lee Cockerell he ran the Marriott Springfield early in his career and knows the Student Prince well. Check out www.studentprince.com (http://www.studentprince.com) for more info and recipes even if you don't stop.

Also, Max's Tavern at the Basketball Hall Fame has great drinks and food. No admission required. Max's is walkable but probably best to take your car. Max's has an extensive drink menu, check it out. www.maxrestaurantgroup.com (http://www.maxrestaurantgroup.com)

Excellent info Bill, thanks!

OKW Lover
09-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Thanks Bill! Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday.

EDuke98080
09-12-2012, 02:02 PM

If anyone is looking for food and/or drinks after the events (mostly drinks) the Student Prince restaurant is about three streets from the hotel on Fort Street and is in walking distance. Great German food, German beer on tap, wine by the glass and Gemutlichkeit (Google it, there is a Jungle Book reference there). Try the fried Camembert cheese. If you need another opinion ask Lee Cockerell he ran the Marriott Springfield early in his career and knows the Student Prince well. Check out www.studentprince.com for more info and recipes even if you don't stop.

Also, Max's Tavern at the Basketball Hall Fame has great drinks and food. No admission required. Max's is walkable but probably best to take your car. Max's has an extensive drink menu, check it out. www.maxrestaurantgroup.com

Looking forward to seeing you Bill!

We go to Max's quite frequently and really like it. If you are thinking of going you may want to try and get a reservation.

Erika

goofy4tink
09-12-2012, 03:13 PM

Are you sure you can't make anything this weekend? Sneak away for just an hour or two?

Same here!

I know, I know....I'll miss seeing you guys too. But, I have to head to the Cape to help dh and his brothers figure out what to do with the stuff in their mom's house. We all want certain stuff...so that needs to be dealt with. Then, on Sunday, I have to be at a children's theatre workshop...helping run it, so can't miss it. I already had to cancel something in order to be at the Cape on Saturday. Not a happy camper.
I'll miss seeing you Jeff, but look forward to seeing Kathy in Dec...in Orlando!!!!

OKW Lover
09-12-2012, 03:30 PM
I'll miss seeing you Jeff, but look forward to seeing Kathy in Dec...in Orlando!!!!

Val & I will be in Orlando in December too. A few days before and after PCC 4.0. :boat:

Brumeiser
09-13-2012, 01:09 AM
we are leaving in about 8 hours for the 11 hour drive. Thursday night my sister will put us up for the night in Buffalo and on ward we go for the Friday night dinner. See everyone on Friday

ADP
09-13-2012, 08:10 AM
Just popping in to wish all of you a very successful meet this weekend. I hope everyone has a great time and you raise a boat load of money for Give Kids the World!
:wizard:

DarthVader92
09-13-2012, 08:17 AM
I'll be heading up there this time tomorrow. Should be up there around noon. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

OKW Lover
09-13-2012, 08:28 AM
Just popping in to wish all of you a very successful meet this weekend. I hope everyone has a great time and you raise a boat load of money for Give Kids the World!
:wizard:

Thanks Aaron! Hope our even is as successful as your Indy event has been.

I'll be heading up there this time tomorrow. Should be up there around noon. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

See you tomorrow night Matt.

tickledtink33
09-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Looking forward to seeing you Jeff & Val!

I don't think I've met most folks coming this weekend.
Look forward to meeting all of you!
Travel safe!

goofy4tink
09-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Val & I will be in Orlando in December too. A few days before and after PCC 4.0. :boat:
We arrive the 6th, head home on the 13th...hope to see you guys there!!!!

OKW Lover
09-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Looking forward to seeing you Jeff & Val!

It will be good to see you again too Kim!

We arrive the 6th, head home on the 13th...hope to see you guys there!!!!

Sounds like we will have a couple of days that overlap. We are driving down then and expect to be at WDW on the 5th. Will be staying at the port the night of the 7th though so it just depends on where we are those two days.

DarthVader92
09-14-2012, 12:28 PM
Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight!

HubbDave
09-14-2012, 02:50 PM
We are heading to the Big E Saturday. Will try to swing by one of the mini-meets, make a donation...

Awesome weather for September in Mass (unless, like me, you hanker for snow)

Paul in CT
09-14-2012, 08:10 PM
My DW Mary and I are looking forward to seeing you all at the Brunch with the Bunch on Sunday! :goodvibes

TallMumHP
09-14-2012, 09:41 PM
Enjoyed the meal, the company (so nice to be surrounded by Disney Fans!) and winning the trivia contest. Go Dole Whips! :dance3:

Looking forward to the rest of the weekend. Thanks to everyone for putting this together.

TSWJan78
09-14-2012, 10:14 PM
Thanks to everyone who came out tonight!! What a great way to start the weekend. Looking forward ti seeing many of you tomorrow at Yankee Candle!!!

dizdad223
09-15-2012, 05:51 AM
Thanks for the great event last night, looking forward to the Big E!

Brumeiser
09-15-2012, 07:59 AM
It was a fun evening last night. Nice to meet the crew and people on the board.
My wife was shocked I was going up to people introducing myself. I am very shy and don't do those type of things.
. It must be the love of Disney we all have in common. I hope to see more people today at the big e

OKW Lover
09-15-2012, 08:28 AM
Such a great start to the weekend. So nice to meet people in person. Still missed a bunch of folks. Be sure to say hi when you see us.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

*NikkiBell*
09-15-2012, 08:33 AM
Have a great weekend!

DarthVader92
09-15-2012, 03:27 PM
Meet up tonight?

Anyone interested in doing a little meet up in one of the bars of either the marriott or the sheraton tonight? I was thinking around 8pm when most people should be heading back from the big E. Let me know if you are interested and If 8pm sounds good.

HubbDave
09-15-2012, 07:04 PM
Sorry I missed out on meeting you folks. The crowds got to be a bit large, so we bolted. Check is being mailed for GKTW

JoeG
09-15-2012, 07:26 PM
Great day.....Yankee Candle was a fun time....and I know the Big E is just more fun. Thanks Tara and Crew for putting together a great way to help the Power of 10 reach its goal. Looking forward to the Brunch and Live PodCast tomorrow. :-)

disney4dan
09-16-2012, 06:52 AM
Thank you guys for doing this! We had a great time at the Big E. where else can you get chocolate covered bacon, slim Jim's and combine them all with adult beverages! We have to miss the podcast to participate in our town's parade today, which is not an easy choice to make.

On behalf of our son (5 year cancer survivor this month), I'd like to make sure everyone realizes how much it means. But you already know. Good luck today!

peel
09-16-2012, 09:51 AM
I woke up with a migraine so bad that even my teeth hurt. I'm upset that I had to miss the festivities today but I am close to 1.5 hours away from Ludlow and all I could do was lay in a dark room for a few hours.
I'm sure you're having a blast right now and I cant wait to listen to the podcast!

*NikkiBell*
09-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Just saw a post on FB that over $13K has been raised. Awesome work, DISers!

doconeill
09-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Sorry I missed out on meeting you folks. The crowds got to be a bit large, so we bolted. Check is being mailed for GKTW

The mini-meets turned out to be tougher than we thought...we were shut out of the circus 30 minutes ahead of time, but a few of us managed to meet up for the hypnotist including Corey and Julie.

Thank you guys for doing this! We had a great time at the Big E. where else can you get chocolate covered bacon, slim Jim's and combine them all with adult beverages! We have to miss the podcast to participate in our town's parade today, which is not an easy choice to make.

On behalf of our son (5 year cancer survivor this month), I'd like to make sure everyone realizes how much it means. But you already know. Good luck today!

I woke up with a migraine so bad that even my teeth hurt. I'm upset that I had to miss the festivities today but I am close to 1.5 hours away from Ludlow and all I could do was lay in a dark room for a few hours.
I'm sure you're having a blast right now and I cant wait to listen to the podcast!

Sorry you couldn't make it!

Just saw a post on FB that over $13K has been raised. Awesome work, DISers!

I think we managed to break $14k after the live auction of the signed hydroflasks!

disney4dan
09-16-2012, 04:49 PM
The mini-meets turned out to be tougher than we thought...we were shut out of the circus 30 minutes ahead of time, but a few of us managed to meet up for the hypnotist including Corey and Julie.

We were seated near the front of they hypnotist show because DW (disneynan) wanted to get onstage for the show. She was hypnotized onstage and the kids and I had a great time watching the show from near the stage, but missed our opportunity to meet with fellow DIS'ers. Very interesting show, awkward watching the "Suave and smooth" guy who had to try his best one liners on the hypnotist every time they played Barry White songs though.

Glad to hear that the event was a success and I am really looking forward to the podcast. Safe travels home everyone.

doconeill
09-16-2012, 04:57 PM
We were seated near the front of they hypnotist show because DW (disneynan) wanted to get onstage for the show. She was hypnotized onstage and the kids and I had a great time watching the show from near the stage, but missed our opportunity to meet with fellow DIS'ers. Very interesting show, awkward watching the "Suave and smooth" guy who had to try his best one liners on the hypnotist every time they played Barry White songs though.

Glad to hear that the event was a success and I am really looking forward to the podcast. Safe travels home everyone.

We were standing towards the back in the middle...we left a little before the end but it was interesting to watch.

HubbDave
09-16-2012, 05:49 PM
Where was the podcast recorded? At the hotel?

Any pics of it yet?

starwood
09-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Where was the podcast recorded? At the hotel?

Any pics of it yet?

Podcast was recorded at the brunch. Final total was definitely over $14,000.

tigger813
09-16-2012, 07:25 PM
We'll try and get some photos posted this week! I took a bunch during the podcast recording and there have been quite a few posted on FB so far.

It was an amazing day! We're all exhausted but totally thrilled with how it went!

Bring on the NE Dismeet in 2013!!!!!

Haywardhauler
09-17-2012, 08:56 AM
I just want to thank the organizers once again for this wonderful event. I brought my family to the Big E on Saturday and was very thankful for the special rate you were able to secure at the Sheraton in Springfield as it saved us a long ride back "South of the Border" to Connecticut. The brunch on Sunday was AMAZING!!!!!! I was thrilled to meet Peter and the rest of the gang from Florida as well as my fellow Disney Fans. Cannot believe we were able to raise 14K+ for such a wonderul organization. Thanks again and we are looking forward to hopefully another meet in 2013

Haywardhauler
09-17-2012, 08:59 AM
We'll try and get some photos posted this week! I took a bunch during the podcast recording and there have been quite a few posted on FB so far.

It was an amazing day! We're all exhausted but totally thrilled with how it went!

Bring on the NE Dismeet in 2013!!!!!

What FB site are these pics located ?

Thanks !

tigger813
09-17-2012, 09:16 AM
What FB site are these pics located ?

Thanks !

We'll try to get them posted on the boards tonight.

If you are friends with any of the podcast team on Facebook then you will find photos there as well!

Someone is working on a video scrapbook as well that will also benefit GKTW!

Glad you enjoyed yourself! We had a great time at the Big E as well. Our first time!

tigger813
09-17-2012, 09:20 AM
I just posted them on The DisUnplugged Fan Group page on FB!

pinkerbell
09-17-2012, 10:46 AM
I am new to the dis unplugged. Went to the event this weekend and LOVED IT! How do I access the fb page, I can't seem to find it. I am a fan of The Dis fb page, but don't see any photos?
TIA

Pinkerbell :goodvibes:

BilltM
09-17-2012, 10:56 AM
I am new to the dis unplugged. Went to the event this weekend and LOVED IT! How do I access the fb page, I can't seem to find it. I am a fan of The Dis fb page, but don't see any photos?
TIA

Pinkerbell :goodvibes:

I guess I wasn't a member either. :confused3 I just went to the search for people, places, and things and typed disuplugged. Give it a try.

BilltM
09-17-2012, 12:34 PM
For those folks that purchased Hydro Flasks this past weekend, if you didn't notice, Hydro Flask will donate 5% to a charity. Has anyone tried yet?? The site is asking about place of purchase. Should we use Dreams Unlimited Travel Welcome Center?? TIA

TSWJan78
09-17-2012, 01:51 PM
For those folks that purchased Hydro Flasks this past weekend, if you didn't notice, Hydro Flask will donate 5% to a charity. Has anyone tried yet?? The site is asking about place of purchase. Should we use Dreams Unlimited Travel Welcome Center?? TIA

Yes bill... And the amount paid was 26.49. The other $5 was a donation to GKTW

Brumeiser
09-18-2012, 01:59 AM
Well i survived work tonight . wEnt straight from Niagara Falls to work and worked just 9. Trying to get laundry done. To the committee for planning this weekend thank you for a wonderful weekend. To Pete thanks for bringing everyone up from the podcast and for recording a show. It was nice meeting everyone and this will be a weekend i will never forget.

EDuke98080
09-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Thank you all for the positive feedback, it means so much! Just wanted to let people know that we have a few T shirts left if anyone would like one and didn't get a chance to buy one. Send me a PM and I will get one in the mail to you.

JoeG
09-18-2012, 08:16 PM
What sizes and colors?

EDuke98080
09-18-2012, 08:20 PM
What sizes and colors?

Lime Green 6 -2XL, 2 - XL

White 1 - 2XL and 1 - XL

Erika

JoeG
09-22-2012, 08:21 PM
Thanks...I was looking for a Large white shirt. I will have to get one next year. Thanks again for a great meet!

BobbinWeez
09-23-2012, 01:07 PM
My email for sending me any photos for the scrapbook is nclyncly12@aol.com
This scrapbook is a digital one meaning its made using a digital program then copies are printed when ordered.
I would love to get photos from as many of you as possible!
Robin

pinkerbell
09-23-2012, 08:25 PM
I guess I wasn't a member either. :confused3 I just went to the search for people, places, and things and typed disuplugged. Give it a try.

Thanks bill! I finally found it.. I had to type it in as one word like you showed in your post and it worked! :goodvibes

DarthVader92
10-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Here is my video showcasing the event!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2TwrOllB4o&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy!

freesone
10-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Here is my video showcasing the event!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2TwrOllB4o&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy!

Great job Matt:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

TSWJan78
05-31-2013, 07:36 PM
I hope you have signed up for the 2013 New England Meet? If not time is running out. More information here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078852.

Hope to see you all!!