PDA

View Full Version : Didn't pass ROFR :-(

robinbutterfly
04-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Not sure why we didn't pass ROFR. :-( 65 dollars a point for a 150 point contract at BWV.
So sad! :furious::mad:

bethifoody
04-16-2012, 08:47 PM
So sorry! I'm anxiously waiting to hear on our contract this week... [fingers crossed]

GaMomof2Girls
04-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Rofr?

disneynutz
04-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Looks like Disney is snatching up contracts again. Bad for buyers, good for sellers.

:earsboy: Bill

princesscinderella
04-16-2012, 10:11 PM
So sorry the ROFR monkey has been busy lately. Hope you can find another contract soon and will speed through ROFR next time.

xstitches
04-16-2012, 10:33 PM
So Sorry!:sad2:

Homemom
04-16-2012, 10:46 PM
I know how you feel, hang in there. We didn't make it through until on our third try. Either the monkey finally felt sorry for us or realized we just wouldn't buy direct. :confused3

fmer55
04-16-2012, 10:53 PM
Not sure why we didn't pass ROFR. :-( 65 dollars a point for a 150 point contract at BWV.

feel so bad for you....especially with all the due dilligence you did.........makes no sense, i passed last wk at $50pp, 200 pts, feb. Were there banked pts?

65 seems ludicrous to rofr, makes me wonder if they are buying directly from brokers. If you look at the big 4 there is probably 50 pct less than there was in early march.

Indians24
04-16-2012, 10:53 PM
You didn't pass at $65 a point?! We have a contract waiting for ROFR at the BWV-100 points, $67 ppt, buy pays closing and mf, no banked points. Did the seller have banked points? I can't imagine why it didn't pass. I thought for sure we wouldn't have to worry about our contract since it was SO much more than most others have been paying lately.

fmer55
04-16-2012, 11:43 PM
You didn't pass at $65 a point?! We have a contract waiting for ROFR at the BWV-100 points, $67 ppt, buy pays closing and mf, no banked points. Did the seller have banked points? I can't imagine why it didn't pass. I thought for sure we wouldn't have to worry about our contract since it was SO much more than most others have been paying lately.

best of luck, i agree with you completely, there has not been a BWV rofr remotely close to those numbers that we have seen:eek:

KSL
04-16-2012, 11:56 PM
Oh gosh, this does not bode well for us either - we just sent ours to ROFR last week, also at BWV, and I've been noticing since then that there seem to be fewer BWV resales available. I am hoping that maybe ours will make it since it has only a few points available until 2014 (maybe Disney won't want it b/c they won't be able to sell it? Or maybe they can magically add points to fill in the front-end? I have no idea.). Hopefully you'll find something else just as good (maybe even better!?) really soon. :hug: Good luck to everyone waiting to pass ROFR - what a nail-biter!

fmer55
04-17-2012, 12:00 AM
Oh gosh, this does not bode well for us either - we just sent ours to ROFR last week, also at BWV, and I've been noticing since then that there seem to be fewer BWV resales available. I am hoping that maybe ours will make it since it has only a few points available until 2014 (maybe Disney won't want it b/c they won't be able to sell it? Or maybe they can magically add points to fill in the front-end? I have no idea.). Hopefully you'll find something else just as good (maybe even better!?) really soon. :hug: Good luck to everyone waiting to pass ROFR - what a nail-biter!

so you were the one....14 available, then 18 available? was thinking about that. feb UY?

KSL
04-17-2012, 12:10 AM
Yep, that's us (sounds so ominous: "so you were the one" - uh oh!) ;)

Missyrose
04-17-2012, 01:04 AM

I can't imagine Disney would ROFR a stripped contract like that because they would have to pay the MFs until the contract loads up enough for them to sell.

Isabel57
04-17-2012, 04:34 AM
http://www.infoocean.info/avatar3.jpgI'm anxiously waiting to hear on our contract this week..

robinbutterfly
04-17-2012, 07:50 AM
feel so bad for you....especially with all the due dilligence you did.........makes no sense, i passed last wk at $50pp, 200 pts, feb. Were there banked pts?

65 seems ludicrous to rofr, makes me wonder if they are buying directly from brokers. If you look at the big 4 there is probably 50 pct less than there was in early march.

Yes, 140 banked points and I didn't pay dues for this year.
I don't get it either....We did take a tour of DVC in January. Our names are in the system.... HMMMMMM:confused3

Indians24
04-17-2012, 08:41 AM
I guess the fact that you had banked points and didn't pay this year's mf makes me feel a little bit more confident about my own contract, but I'm still really surprised it didn't pass. I've seen similar ones go for way less. I really wonder if Disney bought it back because your name was in their system, and they wanted to try to get you to buy direct. That would be SO wrong but I just can't justify why else your contract didn't pass.

fmer55
04-17-2012, 08:53 AM
Yep, that's us (sounds so ominous: "so you were the one" - uh oh!) ;)

Was not meant as ominous at all.....i am approaching closing on a BWV feb contract and after planning until 2014 i realized i could use a few more points once 2014 started and was thinking that would be a great contract to add on if it could be had for the right price:goodvibes

Good luck!!!

ffindis
04-17-2012, 08:53 AM
So sorry you didn't pass ROFR. Your contract was more than fair. I wonder if Disney just needed the points for someone on the waiting list.:confused3

ELMC
04-17-2012, 10:26 AM
feel so bad for you....especially with all the due dilligence you did.........makes no sense, i passed last wk at $50pp, 200 pts, feb.

further support of my (totally unsubstantiated) claim that ROFR is NOT about price.

gatorgirl02
04-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Yes, 140 banked points and I didn't pay dues for this year.
I don't get it either....We did take a tour of DVC in January. Our names are in the system.... HMMMMMM:confused3

That just plain old sucks. Sorry to hear that.:(

It seems the last couple contracts that were ROFR'ed had the seller paying all MF and/or closing costs, which leads me to think this is really a sticking point for Disney. Or, I could be wrong and the dart board just got hit in that particular place. Either way, I think all of us with contracts in ROFR right now are scared :worried:

KSL
04-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Was not meant as ominous at all.....i am approaching closing on a BWV feb contract and after planning until 2014 i realized i could use a few more points once 2014 started and was thinking that would be a great contract to add on if it could be had for the right price:goodvibes

Good luck!!!

fmer55 - this was exactly our logic! ;) We own at BLT and have things more or less planned for this year and next, when we realized we needed (ok, wanted, but for me it really does verge on need...!!) more points going from 2014 forward, and also wanted a second home resort in the EPCOT area. In the process of considering this, we realized our September UY is awful for our vacation plans for the next few years, so that's another reason we liked this deal (Feb UY). This was perfect for us as we only pay MF on the points we're getting for 2012 & 2013 (basically hardly any), but will have the contract all set and ready for when we need (OK, want) the additional points available. I HOPE!! We have a long time to wait, so we'll see. Meanwhile, fingers crossed for everyone waiting to pass ROFR.

dclfun
04-17-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm on the other side, selling a 200 pt contract but mine is at AKLV- $68 pp with 173 banked and full 2012 points. It's in the midst of ROFR now and have til the end of April to get to the 30 day mark. I'm thinking it will pass due to the home resort and so many contracts being available there and I'm hoping it does. I'm sure there is an anxious buyer awaiting a response just like I am!

nalajms
04-17-2012, 01:09 PM
As a seller, does it matter if Disney grabs it or not? Either way you'll sell your contract at the price submitted, right?

fmer55
04-17-2012, 01:10 PM
fmer55 - this was exactly our logic! ;) We own at BLT and have things more or less planned for this year and next, when we realized we needed (ok, wanted, but for me it really does verge on need...!!) more points going from 2014 forward, and also wanted a second home resort in the EPCOT area. In the process of considering this, we realized our September UY is awful for our vacation plans for the next few years, so that's another reason we liked this deal (Feb UY). This was perfect for us as we only pay MF on the points we're getting for 2012 & 2013 (basically hardly any), but will have the contract all set and ready for when we need (OK, want) the additional points available. I HOPE!! We have a long time to wait, so we'll see. Meanwhile, fingers crossed for everyone waiting to pass ROFR.

care to share the price? if not i fully understand:cool2:

BWV Dreamin
04-17-2012, 01:37 PM
I can't imagine Disney would ROFR a stripped contract like that because they would have to pay the MFs until the contract loads up enough for them to sell.
Not necessarily. I just sold a BWV contract stripped and I (seller) paid for the MF's. Typically the buyer does not pay MF's on 0 points. I'm waiting for ROFR myself....wonder if Disney will ROFR mine?It's pretty stripped.:confused:

goldenears
04-17-2012, 01:43 PM
I agree with others who have noticed that a lot of the contracts that Disney has exercised their ROFR on are ones where the buyer is not paying the current year's dues. Add banked points to this scenario and it doesn't seem as though Disney likes this.

permavac
04-17-2012, 01:51 PM
I agree with others who have noticed that a lot of the contracts that Disney has exercised their ROFR on are ones where the buyer is not paying the current year's dues. Add banked points to this scenario and it doesn't seem as though Disney likes this.

Well, I will let everyone know if this is the case - I have 2 small contracts in ROFR right now and both of them have 2011 points plus one of them has banked 2010 points. Oh wait though - I am paying current year dues on one and splitting current year dues on the other, so not sure where I will fall on this. We'll see what happens...

OP: So sorry for you and after all you went through to decide! Well, good luck with getting another one - it's out there - DVC can't take ALL the resales!

Terri

DougEMG
04-17-2012, 02:09 PM

Och, that really hurts.

With both BLT and SSR sold out, I'm wondering if there are a lot of people going on the waiting list to purchase sold out resorts rather than AKV and Aluani. If that is the case, then the price, banked points, etc doesn't matter.

fmer55
04-17-2012, 04:30 PM
Not necessarily. I just sold a BWV contract stripped and I (seller) paid for the MF's. Typically the buyer does not pay MF's on 0 points. I'm waiting for ROFR myself....wonder if Disney will ROFR mine?It's pretty stripped.:confused:

14, 18, feb uy?

disneynutz
04-17-2012, 04:39 PM
That just plain old sucks. Sorry to hear that.:(

It seems the last couple contracts that were ROFR'ed had the seller paying all MF and/or closing costs, which leads me to think this is really a sticking point for Disney. Or, I could be wrong and the dart board just got hit in that particular place. Either way, I think all of us with contracts in ROFR right now are scared :worried:

Disney is a business and to them everything in a contract has a certain value. Closing costs, banked points, MF, and point price all goes into the formula. If they decide that they need some points for a certain resort and the numbers fit their requirements, they step in and buy.

bdoleary
04-17-2012, 05:15 PM

Sorry to hear you didn't pass - I'm waiting as well and have a couple of weeks left. Looks like it should have passed but you never know! :hourglass

jesschris
04-17-2012, 06:05 PM
Sorry to hear that. Hoepfully you find something else soon.

BWV Dreamin
04-17-2012, 07:13 PM
14, 18, feb uy?
Nope........march UY :goodvibes

fmer55
04-17-2012, 09:13 PM
Nope........march UY :goodvibes

Magnum P.I. i am not!:clown:

DVC Mike
04-17-2012, 09:43 PM
Och, that really hurts.

With both BLT and SSR sold out, I'm wondering if there are a lot of people going on the waiting list to purchase sold out resorts rather than AKV and Aluani. If that is the case, then the price, banked points, etc doesn't matter.

If DVC has a waiting list with folks willing to pay $115 per point for BWV..

Indians24
04-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Geez, this ROFR thing is so stressful! When I signed my BWV contract I was bummed that it was way higher than most have been paying but felt better knowing that I wouldn't have to worry about Disney exercising ROFR. Now I'm quite worried that they'll snatch it up :/ Only on day 21 so I suppose I'll have another week yet.

KSL
04-18-2012, 10:18 AM
care to share the price? if not i fully understand:cool2:

fmer55 - I don't want to jinx myself! If it passes, I will post it! :goodvibes

fmer55
04-18-2012, 12:40 PM
fmer55 - I don't want to jinx myself! If it passes, I will post it! :goodvibes

and if not you will disappear and we will never know?:lmao:

best of luck!!!! hope to hear in 30 days that you passed and broke the all time low record!!:mic:

Debbie Jean
04-18-2012, 12:48 PM

Although it sounds silly to pay that much, I have a feeling this is what's going on... and it's folks wanting a particular use year probably as an add on...

I passed a couple of months ago BWV $58/pt, with 110 2011 points as well as all 2012 points paying dues and closing.. it's a Sept use year which may be why it passed...

Otherwise I just can't see any pattern to the sudden spate of ROFRs at BWV :confused3

KSL
04-18-2012, 12:48 PM
and if not you will disappear and we will never know?

Didn't think of it that way! I'll let y'all know either way. Definitely not record-breaking, so don't hold your breath!

dizfan
04-18-2012, 12:59 PM

:thumbsup2

Low resale supply during a high demand time of year may make more willing to buy direct.
1) Fewer resale contracts out there this year.
2) Many people have been on a waitlist for a month plus (F&W). They are realizing their waitlist for BWV during F&W are likely not going to come through.
3) For walking access to F&W, BWV resale prices are a better value than BCV.

permavac
04-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Well, I will let everyone know if this is the case - I have 2 small contracts in ROFR right now and both of them have 2011 points plus one of them has banked 2010 points. Oh wait though - I am paying current year dues on one and splitting current year dues on the other, so not sure where I will fall on this. We'll see what happens...

OP: So sorry for you and after all you went through to decide! Well, good luck with getting another one - it's out there - DVC can't take ALL the resales!

Terri

Disney just took the OKW contract that I had an offer on. 75 points, Dec use year, Buyer (me) to pay closing and split current year MFs. 2011 points were banked into 2012 so 150 points coming Dec 2012. Sent to Disney 4/3/12 for ROFR. Bummer :sad:

I will update on the BWV contract which was sent to ROFR a couple of days after the OKW one. I am paying ALL the current use year MFs on the BWV one so maybe that will help?

Terri

fmer55
04-20-2012, 03:52 PM
and if not you will disappear and we will never know?

Didn't think of it that way! I'll let y'all know either way. Definitely not record-breaking, so don't hold your breath!

I was just kidding with you!!!

best of luck!!!!!!!

mrsmith9
06-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Looks like Disney is snatching up contracts again. Bad for buyers, good for sellers.

Not necessarily. Not if buyers stop making offers.

Missyrose
06-13-2012, 06:14 PM
What a random old thread to dredge up. :confused3

robinbutterfly
06-14-2012, 08:56 AM
Brings back so many painful memories! :scared1: