PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs Advice for Family of 4

gshook
04-15-2012, 11:04 PM
We will be staying at SS this summer for the first time. We have two kids under the age of 8 who loved being near the bus stop and a small pool last year at PORS. We also love DTD, & I understand that it is within walking distance from part of the resort. My son was also very excited to know that he could see the Lego store's dragon in the water from our resort. Which area would you suggest we request? Thanks in advance!

Sammie
04-15-2012, 11:42 PM
I would suggest Paddocks. You will get the new pool with counter service, very cool kid's area, centrally located bus stop and not far from DD.

Dizny Dad
04-16-2012, 06:19 AM
If you want to see DTD from your room, the only area you can ask for is Congress Park. Yes, the new Paddock Pool is a great kid place, and has a good atmosphere for mom and dad, too, but granting the dream of seeing the Lego Dragon from your balcony can only be granted if you get a DTD view in Congress PArk.

Have a great time! Welcome Home!

Cee
04-16-2012, 06:29 AM
Congress Park....:thumbsup2

GBBTomorrow
04-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Ditto Congress Park. Best views of DTD, and the quiet pool there is very pleasant. Easy walk (to me, anyway...I hear people complain about this) to the High Rock Spring Pool and main building, and also closest walk to DTD.

ENJOY!!!

gshook
04-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Thank you for the info!

PoohsFan1
04-16-2012, 05:33 PM
I agree with Congress Park. We stayed there this past January in a 1-bedroom, our balcony faced DTD Westside (we saw Character's in Flight, Cirque de Solei, DisneyQuest, etc...). It was a great view and the room location was wonderful....we loved walking to DTD in the evening to do some shopping and eat at EoS :goodvibes. However, we have already decided that the next time we stay there, we want to request the Paddocks and be closer to the pool (it looks awesome BTW) :goodvibes. Have a great time at SSR.

dsneygirl
04-16-2012, 09:52 PM
I agree with Congress Park for the view but the pool at the Paddock is far superior (if you plan to spend a lot of time there) waterslide and a dedicated "water play area" for the really little ones.

maciec
04-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Lol I must be the only one that didnt like Congress Park. The CM at check in told us we would have a great view of DTD and instead in our grand villa we had a great view of a bunch of trees and bushes. The quiet pool was nice, but my kids 10 & 8 wanted to go the the Paddock pool every day and I thought that was more of a hike than from the Grand Stand HRS pool. I wouldn't stay in Congress Park again needless to say. I would request the Paddocks solely based off of being close to that pool. Plus we had more fun at the pool than looking at DTD from the quiet pool at Congress Park