PDA

View Full Version : Inside Staterooms on different decks?

DISfanboy
04-15-2012, 12:12 PM
I had noticed that Inside Staterooms on decks 5,6,7, and 8 are slightly higher in price than the rooms on deck 2. Can anyone explain why?

Candy Apple
04-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Location, location, location.

ColoradoDisneyFreaks
04-15-2012, 12:15 PM
I had noticed that Inside Staterooms on decks 5,6,7, and 8 are slightly higher in price than the rooms on deck 2. Can anyone explain why?

In a word, Location, Location, Location!!!!

The staterooms on the higher decks are closer to the action, so cost more.

mmouse37
04-15-2012, 12:17 PM

Without looking at specifics like category differences......many feel that a higher deck equates to a better location. Goes back to the days of Titanic and class systems (steerage was lowest deck).

In actuality this does not hold true in today's cruise industry but perceptions remain and the higher the deck, usually the higher the price.

have no fear...there is absolutely nothing wrong with deck 2. Have stayed on Deck 2 several times on the Magic, Wonder and Dream. Fantastic locations.

In fact, Deck 2 is usually CLOSER to most things onboard except the pool deck which is only an elevator ride away.

MJ