PDA

View Full Version : Med excursions 1/6/13

goofs
04-14-2012, 03:38 PM
This is our first cruise :goodvibes and I'm so excited to look at excursions! Does anyone know when these will be on the website? Thanks :thumbsup2

Mommb
04-15-2012, 12:07 PM
The earliest date to book excursions is 120 days in advance, so excursion information will definitely be available shortly before that. In 2011, Tunis was replaced with Sicily in January, and excursion information was added in February, for cruises beginning in June. Other ports had information earlier, but much of it was from the previous year.

goofs
04-15-2012, 04:22 PM
Oh seems ages! Thanks :wave2:

bats
04-15-2012, 05:07 PM
We booked a DIY tour for Rome last year and it was fabulous, we had over 40 people join us!!

Much cheaper than DCL and we had personal chauffeurs in luxury Mercedes mini vans. We did the Coloseum, Trevi Fountain, Vatican, Sistine Chapel, lunch at a local, well priced restaurant and had no walking at all as the vans dropped us off and picked us up right outside each venue. Quite funny at times as the Police were trying to move our drivers on, so we had a few Starsky and Hutch moments with barely closing the doors before we zoomed off!!

Fantastic company .... www.yourtourinitaly.com

Ignore the prices on the website ... we got vast discounts as there were so many of us ... I organised it, took everyones money by Paypal and paid the company on the day in cash (no cheques/cards).

Because there were so many of us, they also supplied us with a guide all day ... worth his weight in gold! They don't just do Rome .... well recommended. :)

goofs
04-15-2012, 07:38 PM
Wow, that must have taken some organisation :faint: How did you do it? I've read DLC excursions can be pricey