View Full Version : Booking DCL for 1st time
04-14-2012, 02:08 PM
does disney offer pin codes for their cruise line like they do for WDW? I have called wdw, asked if i had a pin code and there was. just wondering if you can call DCL and ask about pins attached to your name as well.
04-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Dave, there are NO Pin codes for DCL.
04-15-2012, 12:44 PM
Not really. They do have promos but it just depends, it is definitely not like at WDW. There is no annual pass holder discount or anything like that. There are a couple of things you can do to decrease cost:
1. Get a TA to book for you - the DCL price is the same for everyone but a Travel agent can help by offering you some on board credit. If you don't want to use a TA I think the credit is $25 for booking online.
2. Keep check the DCL website for guarantee rates. There are regular Guarantees which are not that much of a savings and then there are restricted fare guarantees which are usually published around the 75 day mark (sometimes earlier), you can think of these as the Disney version of last minute sales. In general though the longer you wait the price increases.
3. Not helpful for a first cruise, but you can re-book onboard and then the next cruise for a non-concierge room is 10% off plus onboard credit from Disney and then if you name your travel agent usually they will give you more onboard credit on top of the disney offer.
4. There are some kids sail free offers but those are sporadic, occasionally they send out a friends and family coupon but once again this has been sporadic even rare.
5. The best way to save is to book early. Disney prices increase the longer the bookings are out, so the 1st day they open up for the upcoming year is usually the cheapest day.
04-15-2012, 01:42 PM
I did receive a pin code from DCL last year. It arrived after I got home from my first cruise. I'm not sure how they decide who gets them - it might be sent if you didn't book another cruise while onboard.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.