PDA

View Full Version : Sheraton and Wyndham resorts w/o passorts?

wdwlovin'family
04-14-2012, 11:56 AM
This isn't intended to start a debate on whether or not we should have passports to cruise. I know the pro's and con's of each. That being considered, our first cruise ever is coming up this January. ( We're just about to pay it off, so I am getting more and more excited about it. :cool1: ) We've decided that rather than paying big $$ for excursions, we would rather do theme park time before the cruise. So, we were thinking for a inexpensive Nassau day, we would get a day pass for the Sheraton and Wyndham. I was showing my husband the Wyndham website this morning and it has a travel advisory that stated you must have a passport to enter the resort. We have some people in our party that were thinking of not getting passports, just using their bc. Have people had issue with this? Specifically, have people been denied a beach day pass when they have only had their birth certificates? Is this the case for all Nassau resorts, even Atlantis? My mil wants to go gambling somewhere when we are on the island. I would hate to get the whole group of us over there (there are 15 of us) and some be denied entry. Is this also the case for disney excursions? Luckily, we're still far enough out that getting passports isn't an issue yet.

PixieMom712
04-14-2012, 12:43 PM
I recently emailed the Sheraton about a daypass, and while I did not specifically ask about the passport (because we have them and are planning on getting them stamped), I did ask what was required and it wasn't mentioned. I would email the Wyndham and double check, if I were you! They weren't terribly prompt in replying, but definitely got back to me within a week. Let us know what you find out!

ilovetexas
04-26-2012, 07:00 PM
This isn't intended to start a debate on whether or not we should have passports to cruise. I know the pro's and con's of each. That being considered, our first cruise ever is coming up this January. ( We're just about to pay it off, so I am getting more and more excited about it. :cool1: ) We've decided that rather than paying big $$ for excursions, we would rather do theme park time before the cruise. So, we were thinking for a inexpensive Nassau day, we would get a day pass for the Sheraton and Wyndham. I was showing my husband the Wyndham website this morning and it has a travel advisory that stated you must have a passport to enter the resort. We have some people in our party that were thinking of not getting passports, just using their bc. Have people had issue with this? Specifically, have people been denied a beach day pass when they have only had their birth certificates? Is this the case for all Nassau resorts, even Atlantis? My mil wants to go gambling somewhere when we are on the island. I would hate to get the whole group of us over there (there are 15 of us) and some be denied entry. Is this also the case for disney excursions? Luckily, we're still far enough out that getting passports isn't an issue yet.

I've been to the Sheraton twice and was never asked for a passport or a birth certificate. Did you hear back from anyone?