PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Cruise Feedback

Ilovemycockerspainel
04-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Would love to hear from the cruisers who just got off the Fantasy. My family and I are going 4/28 and we are so excited to hear all about your experience! :cool1:

PrincessLynz
04-14-2012, 11:21 AM
Going on May 5th cruise would l one to have some feedback also!

DizDaddy
04-15-2012, 10:29 AM
May 19th here.....where is everyone? Are they just so exhausted that they can't give us what we need????? :rotfl::rotfl:

wickesy
04-15-2012, 10:51 AM
I've just finished posting the cruise portion of my trip report over on the UK board. Here's the link to the day we boarded the maiden voyage

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2909554

and there is a link at the end of each day to the next day's report.

bobbi565
04-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Thank you so much, David! I've just read your entire report and really enjoyed all the wonderful photos and videos. I've been waiting not very patiently for the past week to hear from some MV folks and found your report very satisfying!

BradyBones
04-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Thanks for posting that link, David! I'll be sure to check it out. We leave on the 21st and you can almost feel the excitement in the air as bags are packed and last minute chores are rushed to get done.

I can't wait! :banana:

Scotty69
04-15-2012, 12:22 PM
Would love to hear from the cruisers who just got off the Fantasy. My family and I are going 4/28 and we are so excited to hear all about your experience! :cool1:

Like David we where on the maiden voyage as well. I have not done a trip report. All I can say is DCL learned there lessons from the dream mv. The fantasy is absolutly beautiful. More so than the dream. The food was to die for and the shows where awesome. I love the fact that they fixed the problem of the kids cutting threw the adult pool area. Hope this helps any specific questions just ask.

lbgraves
04-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Just curious about how the setup of the adult area is different from the Dream. We cut around the outside of the quiet cove pool area every day on the MV. It may be the fact that there was a low number of kids on the MV so you didn't notice as many?

I posted my thoughts about the MV on this thread. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2910317

Scotty69
04-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Just curious about how the setup of the adult area is different from the Dream. We cut around the outside of the quiet cove pool area every day on the MV. It may be the fact that there was a low number of kids on the MV so you didn't notice as many?

I posted my thoughts about the MV on this thread. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2910317

Lisa on the dream when you come out of cabanas you are in the adult pool area. That's what I meant by that.

Donald Applecore
04-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Lisa on the dream when you come out of cabanas you are in the adult pool area. That's what I meant by that.
So what did they do different? Does Cabanas not exit to the adult pool area on the Fantasy?

Donald Applecore
04-15-2012, 08:41 PM
So what did they do different? Does Cabanas not exit to the adult pool area on the Fantasy?

Never mind - I just read on another thread that its still a problem on the Fantasy. I'm really not that concerned about it, just curious about changes between Dream & Fantasy.

lbgraves
04-15-2012, 09:11 PM

We haven't been on the Dream, but I am confused. Looking at the deck plans for both ships, Cabanas is aft and the adult pool is forward with concierge rooms forward of quiet cove. Is this not the case on the Dream? :confused3

Twinparents
04-15-2012, 10:19 PM
We just got off the Fantasy yesterday. Here are some observations:

1. We went on the 2nd voyage of the Dream and the 2nd voyage of the Fantasy. On the Dream you could definitely tell it was a new ship and the crew was pretty new. On the Fantasy I really couldn't tell this was only the second voyage. There were a couple of hiccups but nothing big. Most of the crew seemed to come from one of the other Disney ships so they were up to speed.

2. The shows were fantastic. I was getting pretty tired of the same old shows. Aladdin was our favorite. They even made changes to Believe so we enjoyed that as well even though we had seen it on the Dream.

3. The changes to Animators were great! We were lucky enough to be there for Pirate night and they do Pirate scenes on the screen. The first night we were there was Crush, then Pirates and then the animation. If you can, try to request the rotation to get 3 dinners at Animators.

4. They actually ran out of electronic Bingo cards on the last day. We were there 5 minutes after it was open and they were sold out because of pre-sales. My kids were really disappointed.

5. The pools are still really crowded but the addition of the pools on Deck 12 do seem to help a bit.

6. Pin trading was a bust. They did officer pin trading at 7:30 in the lobby when everyone was doing pictures as well. It was extremely crowded and the officer pins were pretty lame.

7. The Aqua lab was working but I very rarely saw anyone there. It is behind all of the pools and there is really no place for a parent to just sit and watch their kids.

8. I was really disappointed to find out they have cancelled the desert buffet. This was our 11th cruise and I was determined to finally stay up and go. Apparently, they have cancelled it and just do the pirate buffet instead.

9. This was our first time Platinum cruise and I thought I had read on the boards we would get a choice of behind the scenes at the Theater or the Sting Rays at CC but they told us they weren't doing that on the Fantasy.

10. We tried to sign up for 2 different drinking classes on the first day around 1:00 and they were both full already. They took our names but never added another class so we didn't get to go. We got to know one bartender really well so he let us join into the martini class but had we not known him from past cruises we would have been out of luck.

11. In my opinion the hair dryers are still pretty bad.

12. I don't remember this before - they have added a grilled chicken sandwich option to the fast food choices.

If you have any questions let me know!

Had2disneycruz
04-16-2012, 09:24 AM
We just got off the Fantasy on Saturday. It was soooo hard to leave! I want to do a trip report someday but here is a quick opinion.

Of course, when you see the Fantasy in port for the first time, it is overwhelming and fantastic! We were so excited to board. We arrived at the terminal around 11:15 and were on the ship within 30 minutes. We were stunned! We didn't even get to see Minnie Mouse or show our friends (new to Disney sailing) the highlights of the terminal. We got our picture taken and boarded. It was so exciting to hear our name announced! I was lucky enough to get it on video! The first time you see the atrium...well, it is grand!!! We immediately headed up to Deck 11 so the kids could ride the Aquaduck. After pool time, we had buckets of beer and lunch from Flo's on Deck 11. We thought the food was pretty good. I tried the chicken caesar wraps and the veggie pizza. Our kids loved the chicken fingers and the fries were good too.

We got our cabins around 1:30pm. We were cabins 6000 and 6002. Loved them and will request them again! So much room! I never did fill up our closets or unpack all the suitcases. We had a window that overlooked the bow of the ship. It was awesome. We usually get an inside cabin so this was a treat. We had so much room under the porthole window. Our suitcases could lay open and we never tripped over them. We had three in each room and they were adjoining. Our host, Jiriwat, (hope I spelled his name correctly!) was wonderful.

Our dining rotation was Enchanted Garden, Royal Court (for formal night), Animator's Palate, then EG, RC, RC (semi formal) and AP. As stated by others, the shows in Animator's Palate were great! I don't want to spoil it for others, but have your video cameras ready!! The food was wonderful! At first, I thought the amount of food on the plate looked smaller but it was just the right amount. I loved how they had the dessert sampler every night and you got a small tasting of three desserts that they were featuring. It was called Sweet Temptations and it was perfect!

My girls had fun in the kids' club. My 18 year old high schooler was not allowed in the Vibe because she is 18 and a legal adult. She was extremely disappointed. They don't have much to do for the 18-21 year olds but they do get together a few times during the day. I feel like Disney really treated this group like misfit toys and need to find a better alternative for these kids. My daughter didn't really want to spend time with us in the 18+ clubs but what choice did she have?

I was a little disappointed with the overall cleanliness of the ship. Room service dishes sat out in the halls for hours and we tripped over them from time to time trying to get to our rooms. We found abandon plates in front of elevators and sometimes clearing was slow on Deck 11 and 12. Not sure if they didn't have the manpower to clean up after so many people, but it wasn't up to Disney standards.

My other complaint was that I scheduled a manicure for my daughter as a surprise. It was supposed to be $45 as per the menu online. My daughter came back with a receipt for $83!! The manicure was actually $50 and Disney pulled an "up sale" (forgot to warn my DD) and asked my daughter if she wanted the "shellac" over her nails....a $25 charge. My daughter didn't realize it wasn't included and didn't understand the technician's accent. Then my daughter tipped $8...hence...an $83 manicure!!! I called to complain and we were compensated with Rainforest passes for the day. Nice, but still... Luckily, her nails still look good!

The only shows we made it to were Aladdin and Susan Egan. Both were wonderful. Susan does the voice of Meg from Hercules and sang many Disney songs. The theater was gorgeous and we all had a great time. No problems with folks saving seats. Everyone was polite.

Our muster drill was in the theater on the first day. No need to bring your life jackets but all must attend. It was over in plenty of time to get to the sail away party.

We felt the wait for characters was reasonable. Some characters were very busy but the line moved along well. We tried to be quick with the amount of kids we had.

Pirate night was awesome! We went to the party on Deck 11 before our 8:15 dinner and then went back by 10:30 for the next Pirate Party and fireworks. What fun! We were all dressed up, loved the firework display and thoroughly enjoyed the dance party after.

We adults enjoyed McGill's Irish Pub and The Tube. We also enjoyed listening to Rob Thompson sing. He played the guitar and did a fabulous job on songs ranging from U2 to "Bye Bye American Pie". Well worth the time to find out where he is playing each evening. The Tube was a blast but never had many people in it. The bartender is awesome and is very talented with tossing the bottles! We also enjoyed a champagne tasting at Oh La La. We were on the wait list and didn't find out we could go until the day of. No problem though...we were excited to be there. We also did the Margarita tasting which included two shots of tequila. This was in The Tube and lots of fun!! We signed up for this on the first day.

The adult sections on the bow (forward) of the ship were incredible. We loved the new additions of Satellite Falls. We never had a problem with kids cutting through or staying. We swam in the adult pool, Quiet Cove, on Deck 11 (where the cool new bar is) and had the place to ourselves! That was Friday after Castaway Cay. By 5pm, Deck 11 and 12 crowds thinned out enormously! Love the late dining!!

Castaway Cay was wonderful. Food was terrific and the wait was minimal. Enjoyed the shopping, got my DD's (age 7) hair braided and our kids (all eight in our party) thoroughly enjoyed snorkeling. We brought our own stuff. My DH was impressed with the snorkeling sights as well. He did a scuba excursion in Grand Cayman and enjoyed it.

Another mild disappointment was that Captain Marco was stingy with playing the horn, arriving and leaving ports. It was never played leaving Cozumel or when arriving or leaving Castaway Cay. We were very bummed!!!

Ok, sounds like a trip report after all! Hope this helps for you all getting ready to sail! It was a blast and the ship is all that you hope it will be! Have an enjoyable time and make the most of it! Before you know it, it will be the Monday after and you will wish you were still there!!!

jmcdonnell04
04-16-2012, 09:53 AM
We just got off the Fantasy yesterday. Here are some observations:

1. We went on the 2nd voyage of the Dream and the 2nd voyage of the Fantasy. On the Dream you could definitely tell it was a new ship and the crew was pretty new. On the Fantasy I really couldn't tell this was only the second voyage. There were a couple of hiccups but nothing big. Most of the crew seemed to come from one of the other Disney ships so they were up to speed.

2. The shows were fantastic. I was getting pretty tired of the same old shows. Aladdin was our favorite. They even made changes to Believe so we enjoyed that as well even though we had seen it on the Dream.

3. The changes to Animators were great! We were lucky enough to be there for Pirate night and they do Pirate scenes on the screen. The first night we were there was Crush, then Pirates and then the animation. If you can, try to request the rotation to get 3 dinners at Animators.

5. The pools are still really crowded but the addition of the pools on Deck 12 do seem to help a bit.

7. The Aqua lab was working but I very rarely saw anyone there. It is behind all of the pools and there is really no place for a parent to just sit and watch their kids.

11. In my opinion the hair dryers are still pretty bad.

If you have any questions let me know!

I love all your points and agree with your commennts. I keep telling everyone that I could not believe that this was the second cruise of the Fantasy. I was on the Dream MV and I just love the Fantasy because of the excellent service and atmosphere.

gometros
04-16-2012, 12:43 PM
Never mind - I just read on another thread that its still a problem on the Fantasy. I'm really not that concerned about it, just curious about changes between Dream & Fantasy.

See Post #60 in this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2903937&page=4

KSDisneyDad
04-16-2012, 12:48 PM

The adult sections on the bow (forward) of the ship were incredible. We loved the new additions of Satellite Falls. We never had a problem with kids cutting through or staying. We swam in the adult pool, Quiet Cove, on Deck 11 (where the cool new bar is) and had the place to ourselves! That was Friday after Castaway Cay. By 5pm, Deck 11 and 12 crowds thinned out enormously! Love the late dining!!

As expected, it's probably all just a matter of perception with respect to whether or not kids cutting through the adult area is a "problem" or not.

lbgraves
04-16-2012, 12:57 PM
Still curious if they actually have changed the layout of deck 11 on the Fantasy from the Dream's design or if the basic layout is the same. TIA!

jillianjigs7
04-16-2012, 01:08 PM
We are headed on the Fantasy May 19th too! Can't wait!

WAHkoMom
04-16-2012, 02:16 PM
Thanks everyone for posting your feedback from your recent experiences!

I'm looking forward to hearing from folks about the Eastern sailings, but that won't be until after the 28th, when they return.

Linda67
04-16-2012, 02:35 PM
I've just finished posting the cruise portion of my trip report over on the UK board. Here's the link to the day we boarded the maiden voyage

and there is a link at the end of
each day to the next day's report.

It really is a great TR David :)

wickesy
04-16-2012, 03:47 PM
It really is a great TR David :)

Thanks Linda. I thought of something you could do for me. If you come across Anja and/or Vendy in the bars I would love to have a decent photo of one or both of them - and tell them Ray and David said hello. Don't put yourself out though. :goodvibes

Had2disneycruz
04-16-2012, 04:25 PM
As expected, it's probably all just a matter of perception with respect to whether or not kids cutting through the adult area is a "problem" or not.

Hahaha! I have four kids! My perception is Adult section equals NO kids!!! I cherish the adult sections of the boat! I truly didn't see it as a problem on this cruise. I also found that the forward elevators were not used as much as the midship and aft elevators so maybe that helped. Another bonus is that Satellite Falls is located on Deck 13 Forward and that whole section is dedicated to Adults. There are no cut-throughs for that section and there is no reason why kids should be up there. Currents Bar is up there, comfy chairs for enjoying cocktails, lounging sections, shade, lots and lots of lounger chairs and Satellite Falls. We enjoyed it, sans kids!!!

There is another section on Deck 12 that I though was adults only but there were kids there. We were about to get upset until I read a sign that said "kids under 12 need to be supervised", so I guess that pool allows children. I can't find a name for it but it is on Deck 12 so beware...there might be kids!

lbgraves
04-16-2012, 04:43 PM
There is another section on Deck 12 that I though was adults only but there were kids there. We were about to get upset until I read a sign that said "kids under 12 need to be supervised", so I guess that pool allows children. I can't find a name for it but it is on Deck 12 so beware...there might be kids!

That is the family wading pool area on deck 12 that is directly forward of the quiet cove pool area on deck 11. Poor planning on DCL's part, but it is designated as a family area.

sandgrace
04-16-2012, 05:59 PM

and there is a link at the end of each day to the next day's report.

What a wonderful trip report thanks for sharing it with us! :goodvibes I couldn't stop looking at your wonderful photos of Fantasy, and I'm now more excited than ever for our cruise on Fantasy in June!

Buckeyemama
04-16-2012, 11:20 PM
My family was just on the April 7th sailing of the Fantasy. We really enjoyed our experience. I have 2 young kids, so that is the filter through which I experienced the trip.

I didn't book any excursions for the first port so we could enjoy the ship without so many people. It was like a different place from the day before (first day at sea). We enjoyed the family pools, the Aquaduck, and the Aqualab. It was warm and no wind from the weather or movement of the ship. My family of 4 had the Aqualab to ourselves.

My kids (ages 3 & 5) enjoyed the Oceaneer Club and the Oceaneer Lab. They enjoyed the organized activities more than the free play time. I think the guided activities provided the structure and direction they needed. We did go to both the club and lab during open hours as a family.

We also enjoyed the Detective Agency. We played it a couple of times. It familiarized us with the layout of the ship, so we knew which elevators and stairways were the best choices at certain times of day.

The character interactions were fun. I had brought photo mats to leave with guest services, so the kids were not getting autographs. It was fun to see what they came up with to tell the characters. Peter Pan worked some of the lines while we waited, and both of the kids loved giving him updates on their latest missions regarding Captain Hook.

We had the early seating for dinner. We tried to make it to all of the shows, but I made the decision to skip 1 and put the kids to bed early. My husband put them to bed early another night.

We had a connecting stateroom with my parents. After the kids were asleep, my husband and I would go out for a drink, enjoy walking around, watch a movie. It was nice because my parents go to bed early.

We were on Deck 10, and we had plenty of room to put away all of our clothes for the 4 in our stateroom. We were even able to designate a place for the kids' toys and books. The kids loved their "special beds" that only came out at night. My daughter was on the bed from the couch, and my son was on the bunk that was stored in the ceiling.

mnasf
04-16-2012, 11:55 PM
Two questions from total newbie going in July. 1. How can we request a certain rotation. You convinced me that 3 Animators would be great. 2. I think my daughter would like Bingo. What are pre-sales?

[QUOTE=Twinparents;44602373]We just got off the Fantasy yesterday. Here are some observations:

4. They actually ran out of electronic Bingo cards on the last day. We were there 5 minutes after it was open and they were sold out because of pre-sales. My kids were really disappointed.

Linda67
04-17-2012, 03:20 AM
Thanks Linda. I thought of something you could do for me. If you come across Anja and/or Vendy in the bars I would love to have a decent photo of one or both of them - and tell them Ray and David said hello. Don't put yourself out though. :goodvibes

Ooh let me think ........... hanging around in a bar?! ....... I'm in !! :rotfl:

Sorcerer Mom
04-17-2012, 09:43 AM
We just got off the Fantasy on Saturday. It was soooo hard to leave! I want to do a trip report someday but here is a quick opinion.

Of course, when you see the Fantasy in port for the first time, it is overwhelming and fantastic! We were so excited to board. We arrived at the terminal around 11:15 and were on the ship within 30 minutes. We were stunned! We didn't even get to see Minnie Mouse or show our friends (new to Disney sailing) the highlights of the terminal. We got our picture taken and boarded. It was so exciting to hear our name announced! I was lucky enough to get it on video! The first time you see the atrium...well, it is grand!!! We immediately headed up to Deck 11 so the kids could ride the Aquaduck. After pool time, we had buckets of beer and lunch from Flo's on Deck 11. We thought the food was pretty good. I tried the chicken caesar wraps and the veggie pizza. Our kids loved the chicken fingers and the fries were good too.

We got our cabins around 1:30pm. We were cabins 6000 and 6002. Loved them and will request them again! So much room! I never did fill up our closets or unpack all the suitcases. We had a window that overlooked the bow of the ship. It was awesome. We usually get an inside cabin so this was a treat. We had so much room under the porthole window. Our suitcases could lay open and we never tripped over them. We had three in each room and they were adjoining. Our host, Jiriwat, (hope I spelled his name correctly!) was wonderful.

Our dining rotation was Enchanted Garden, Royal Court (for formal night), Animator's Palate, then EG, RC, RC (semi formal) and AP. As stated by others, the shows in Animator's Palate were great! I don't want to spoil it for others, but have your video cameras ready!! The food was wonderful! At first, I thought the amount of food on the plate looked smaller but it was just the right amount. I loved how they had the dessert sampler every night and you got a small tasting of three desserts that they were featuring. It was called Sweet Temptations and it was perfect!

My girls had fun in the kids' club. My 18 year old high schooler was not allowed in the Vibe because she is 18 and a legal adult. She was extremely disappointed. They don't have much to do for the 18-21 year olds but they do get together a few times during the day. I feel like Disney really treated this group like misfit toys and need to find a better alternative for these kids. My daughter didn't really want to spend time with us in the 18+ clubs but what choice did she have?

I was a little disappointed with the overall cleanliness of the ship. Room service dishes sat out in the halls for hours and we tripped over them from time to time trying to get to our rooms. We found abandon plates in front of elevators and sometimes clearing was slow on Deck 11 and 12. Not sure if they didn't have the manpower to clean up after so many people, but it wasn't up to Disney standards.

My other complaint was that I scheduled a manicure for my daughter as a surprise. It was supposed to be $45 as per the menu online. My daughter came back with a receipt for $83!! The manicure was actually $50 and Disney pulled an "up sale" (forgot to warn my DD) and asked my daughter if she wanted the "shellac" over her nails....a $25 charge. My daughter didn't realize it wasn't included and didn't understand the technician's accent. Then my daughter tipped $8...hence...an $83 manicure!!! I called to complain and we were compensated with Rainforest passes for the day. Nice, but still... Luckily, her nails still look good!

The only shows we made it to were Aladdin and Susan Egan. Both were wonderful. Susan does the voice of Meg from Hercules and sang many Disney songs. The theater was gorgeous and we all had a great time. No problems with folks saving seats. Everyone was polite.

Our muster drill was in the theater on the first day. No need to bring your life jackets but all must attend. It was over in plenty of time to get to the sail away party.

We felt the wait for characters was reasonable. Some characters were very busy but the line moved along well. We tried to be quick with the amount of kids we had.

Pirate night was awesome! We went to the party on Deck 11 before our 8:15 dinner and then went back by 10:30 for the next Pirate Party and fireworks. What fun! We were all dressed up, loved the firework display and thoroughly enjoyed the dance party after.

We adults enjoyed McGill's Irish Pub and The Tube. We also enjoyed listening to Rob Thompson sing. He played the guitar and did a fabulous job on songs ranging from U2 to "Bye Bye American Pie". Well worth the time to find out where he is playing each evening. The Tube was a blast but never had many people in it. The bartender is awesome and is very talented with tossing the bottles! We also enjoyed a champagne tasting at Oh La La. We were on the wait list and didn't find out we could go until the day of. No problem though...we were excited to be there. We also did the Margarita tasting which included two shots of tequila. This was in The Tube and lots of fun!! We signed up for this on the first day.

Castaway Cay was wonderful. Food was terrific and the wait was minimal. Enjoyed the shopping, got my DD's (age 7) hair braided and our kids (all eight in our party) thoroughly enjoyed snorkeling. We brought our own stuff. My DH was impressed with the snorkeling sights as well. He did a scuba excursion in Grand Cayman and enjoyed it.

Another mild disappointment was that Captain Marco was stingy with playing the horn, arriving and leaving ports. It was never played leaving Cozumel or when arriving or leaving Castaway Cay. We were very bummed!!!

Ok, sounds like a trip report after all! Hope this helps for you all getting ready to sail! It was a blast and the ship is all that you hope it will be! Have an enjoyable time and make the most of it! Before you know it, it will be the Monday after and you will wish you were still there!!!

Thanks for all this great info especially your dining rotation! What itinerary did you have? We'll be sailing the Fantasy in June and are so excited! :dance3:

teriandcb
04-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Hi! To have pillowcases or photo mats signed, do you need to bring your own markers or does Disney use their own? Thanks!

Bullseyebaby
04-17-2012, 11:15 AM
We were on the maiden voyage.... we loved it, a little better than the Dream, but I think DCL just learned from their mistakes.

What we were disappointed in was:

No midnight chocolate buffett
No staff "pub night" on the last night
No parade of flags to "its a small world" by the servers
No character breakfast

What we did like was addition of Aladdin, new adult places to go (although I like the Dream). The second night of Animator's was fun and not to be missed. The Adult pool area had more space/decks. Interactive detective game/paintings. Getting on and off the ship went so much smoother than before, IMO. And... although our staterooms didn't connect, we were able to connect our verandas!

Had2disneycruz
04-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Hi! To have pillowcases or photo mats signed, do you need to bring your own markers or does Disney use their own? Thanks!

I forgot Sharpies for our pillowcases and Guest Services said that was not a problem. They used black markers on our white cases...they look good! You can bring your own though! Just have your items to Guest Services by Thursday of a 7-day sailing. Have fun!

Had2disneycruz
04-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Thanks for all this great info especially your dining rotation! What itinerary did you have? We'll be sailing the Fantasy in June and are so excited! :dance3:

We were on the Western itinerary sailing. We had never done it before and it was wonderful. We went to Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel and of course, Castaway Cay.

Have a great time! The ship is gorgeous!!!

Sorcerer Mom
04-17-2012, 01:49 PM
We were on the Western itinerary sailing. We had never done it before and it was wonderful. We went to Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel and of course, Castaway Cay.

Have a great time! The ship is gorgeous!!!

Sorry to be a pain :worried:...was it Western Itin B? If it was, the order would be:

Day1: P/C
Day 2: at Sea
Day 3: G/Cayman
Day 4: Costa Maya
Day 5: Cozumel
Day 6: at Sea
Day 7: CC

I'm, of course, overplanning :rolleyes1 and wanted to time my Remy reservaton w/Pirate Night which is a fun night, but my least favorite menu AND I don't want to miss that 2nd night in Animators since it seems like everyone agrees it should not be missed!

Thanks again for being patient and providing such great info.! :goodvibes

Had2disneycruz
04-17-2012, 05:53 PM
[QUOTE=Sorcerer Mom;44618468]Sorry to be a pain :worried:...was it Western Itin B? If it was, the order would be:

I'm, of course, overplanning :rolleyes1 and wanted to time my Remy reservaton w/Pirate Night which is a fun night, but my least favorite menu AND I don't want to miss that 2nd night in Animators since it seems like everyone agrees it should not be missed!

Yes, it was a Western and you have the right order. Do not miss any night in Animator's Palate! Both nights were a blast. Make sure to bring your video camera! We had a blast with our eight kids and four adults! We were all kids on the last night!!!

I am happy to answer questions! I get to relive our fabulous cruise!

Nobtis
04-17-2012, 06:17 PM
It was wonderful. I just posted video of my trip on The Maiden Voyage. Truly the best cruise EVER and Disney's best ship!

itutorfortravel
04-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Our April 7th sailing on the Fantasy was wonderful! Can't say enough good things about the great time we had. Excellent servers in the dining room, really good food (better than we've had on the Magic), beautiful stateroom...the crew really had their act together for being a brand new ship. Everything worked like clockwork. I have to admit I was a little worried when I read some of the feedback from early sailings on the Dream, but I don't know how our cruise could have gone any better. I can't wait to go back!

Some things I really liked about our stateroom:

-There was a REAL hairdryer in the cabin! It's a 220 volt hairdryer, but there's an outlet for it at the desk. I wish I had known this ahead of time, I could have saved packing space since I brought my own (but never used it).

-The main cabin lights that are controlled by the switches immediately inside the cabin door are dimmers! I didn't figure this out till close to the end of the week. Hold the buttons down and the light brightens or dims. That was nice to be able to control the light intensity.

-The alarm clock is also an iPod dock!

-The refrigerator kept our water really cold - almost icy.

-The bed was really high so we could easily slide suitcases in and out...so I didn't have to unpack everything on day 1.

-The coffee table is actually a storage box. Our cabin steward stowed the couch pillows there at night when he set up DD's bed, but I guess we could have also used it for extra storage if we had wanted to.

-There is a quick cool button on the A/C to cool the room down quickly.

nenis
04-17-2012, 10:12 PM
Ok, sounds like a trip report after all! Hope this helps for you all getting ready to sail! It was a blast and the ship is all that you hope it will be! Have an enjoyable time and make the most of it! Before you know it, it will be the Monday after and you will wish you were still there!!![/QUOTE]

Great trip report! ;) Now all you have to do is copy and paste to the trip report boards!...lol

Twinparents
04-17-2012, 11:12 PM
We have been able to request certain servers and dining rotations through our travel agent. I don't think you always get what you request but at least it is worth a try. I am not sure if you can do this through Disney directly as we have always used a travel agent.

The Bingo pre-sales apparently happened at the Bingo game right before the final jackpot. We missed out on this but heard people talking that you could pay for your electronic bingo card through the pre-sales. When we walked up to the final jackpot game the Cast members said that the majority of the electronic bingo cards were already sold. My recollection is that on the last sea day they did a Bingo game in the morning and then another one at 4:00. Apparently the pre-sales happened at the morning game.

lbgraves
04-18-2012, 08:26 AM
You can request a server or a rotation directly with DCL if you don't have a TA. They can only honor one though, so decide which is the most important to you.

Debs Hill
04-18-2012, 02:24 PM
what excursions did you do on Costa Maya, Cozumel and Grand Cayman?
Debsx:hug:

Sorcerer Mom
04-18-2012, 02:42 PM
[QUOTE=Sorcerer Mom;44618468]Sorry to be a pain :worried:...was it Western Itin B? If it was, the order would be:

Yes, it was a Western and you have the right order. Do not miss any night in Animator's Palate! Both nights were a blast. Make sure to bring your video camera! We had a blast with our eight kids and four adults! We were all kids on the last night!!!

I am happy to answer questions! I get to relive our fabulous cruise!

Thanks so much!!! :woohoo:

StephC1217
04-18-2012, 05:13 PM
I have a question about the Fantasy- not sure if anyone can answer it! I know that I read that they took out both the character breakfast and the dessert buffet on the Fantasy (soo sad- we were looking forward to those!:sad2:) But I also read that there is a Seafood buffet for lunch on the 2nd At Sea day on the other cruise ships....does anyone know if this buffet was also on the Fantasy? Or did they take that out too?:confused3

jetskigrl
04-18-2012, 05:56 PM
Hahaha! I have four kids! My perception is Adult section equals NO kids!!! I cherish the adult sections of the boat! I truly didn't see it as a problem on this cruise. I also found that the forward elevators were not used as much as the midship and aft elevators so maybe that helped. Another bonus is that Satellite Falls is located on Deck 13 Forward and that whole section is dedicated to Adults. There are no cut-throughs for that section and there is no reason why kids should be up there. Currents Bar is up there, comfy chairs for enjoying cocktails, lounging sections, shade, lots and lots of lounger chairs and Satellite Falls. We enjoyed it, sans kids!!!

I curious about this one. If they have made all of deck 13 forward adults only, does that mean that there is no access to the viewing area at the very front of the ship for children? That is one of our favorite places to visit with the kids (during sail away and just on a sea day) so it will be very disappointing to them if they can no longer go there to check out the view from the front of the ship.

Had2disneycruz
04-18-2012, 06:45 PM
I curious about this one. If they have made all of deck 13 forward adults only, does that mean that there is no access to the viewing area at the very front of the ship for children? That is one of our favorite places to visit with the kids (during sail away and just on a sea day) so it will be very disappointing to them if they can no longer go there to check out the view from the front of the ship.

They may be able to go to the bow of the ship on Deck 12 unless that is designated concierge. Otherwise, no...Deck 13 forward is all adults only. I am not sure about any lower decks. Sorry!

Had2disneycruz
04-18-2012, 06:57 PM
I have a question about the Fantasy- not sure if anyone can answer it! I know that I read that they took out both the character breakfast and the dessert buffet on the Fantasy (soo sad- we were looking forward to those!:sad2:) But I also read that there is a Seafood buffet for lunch on the 2nd At Sea day on the other cruise ships....does anyone know if this buffet was also on the Fantasy? Or did they take that out too?:confused3

We sailed on the Fantasy last week and prior to sailing, I called to see when the Character Breakfast was. I was told that there would not be any CB in April, 2012. We were disappointed.

As far as the dessert buffet on Pirate Night, we were told by our server that the buffet was set up in Cabanas at midnight. When we went to Cabanas, it was over. Apparently, it was immediately after the Pirate Party. I have no idea if any of this information is correct, but this was our experience. I didn't hear anything about a Seafood Buffet...maybe we missed out!! It was Easter Sunday on our second day so who knows!

jetskigrl
04-18-2012, 07:00 PM
They may be able to go to the bow of the ship on Deck 12 unless that is designated concierge. Otherwise, no...Deck 13 forward is all adults only. I am not sure about any lower decks. Sorry!

Hum, that is quite the disappointment then. As far as I remember from the Dream, there are no other viewing areas at the front of the ship on the lower levels (deck 12 being the Walt and Roy suites, deck 11 being the Spa and all others being rooms).

We just got off the Wonder last week and we made the trek to the front of the ship at least once a day to just watch the view. I will certainly miss doing that with the kids on the Fantasy :mad:

Thanks for the confirmation though!

Had2disneycruz
04-18-2012, 07:02 PM
what excursions did you do on Costa Maya, Cozumel and Grand Cayman?
Debsx:hug:

In Grand Cayman, my BFF and I took our 8 kids on the Seven Mile Beach Excursion. Our husbands did the Scuba Trip.

In Costa Maya, all 12 of us did the Jungle Beach Break.

In Cozumel, all 12 of us did the Fury Catamaran, Snorkel and Private Beach. This excursion was so much fun and well worth the money!

Let me know if you want any info on any of these.

lbgraves
04-18-2012, 10:49 PM
There was a seafood buffet at lunch on Thursday on the MV [the second sea day for our cruise].

thecapells
04-19-2012, 06:02 AM
What is the show schedule for the Fantasy?
That is, on what days do they have the shows v. other entertainment options?

Debs Hill
04-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Had2disneycruz........ha! ha! they are the same excursions that we are considering so would love to hear an honest review of them and any photos that you have!
Thanks so, so much!!! Really difficult to get good reviews of the excursions! Did you do the Disney 7 mile beach break or on your own?
Debsxxpixiedust:

Had2disneycruz
04-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Had2disneycruz........ha! ha! they are the same excursions that we are considering so would love to hear an honest review of them and any photos that you have!
Thanks so, so much!!! Really difficult to get good reviews of the excursions! Did you do the Disney 7 mile beach break or on your own?
Debsxxpixiedust:

My BFF and I did the Seven Mile Beach excursion through Disney. (I feel more comfortable knowing that Disney knows where we are because we booked thru them.) Because we had to tender in Grand Cayman, we seemed to waste a lot of time. Tendering went smoothly, and we got some wonderful shots of the ship. We then boarded a bus and rode to the beach. Once there, we had to wait for all of the buses to get there. More time wasted. Finally, we got our drink tickets and found chairs on the beach. Our kids brought their snorkeling stuff so they immediately got in the water. Their ages range from 7 to 18 and they spent most of the day snorkeling. Our biggest complaint was the long wait to get food and the prices. We spent over $100 for eight cheeseburgers and fries. The food was good, but be prepared to spend some money! We each got a free soda or water with the excursion and I brought water from the ship. Hair braiding was more expensive on GC than on the ship so we didn't do that. Other than food, we didn't spend any more money. We had to wait a while for a bus to take us back to the ship and then tendered back to the Fantasy. I am glad we went but I won't do this particular excursion again.

Our DH's did the scuba diving trip at GC. They were disappointed because they were unable to go to the best scuba sight due to a speed boat competition going on.

All 12 of us did the Jungle Beach Break in Costa Maya. Several times before we cruised, I had contemplated canceling due to safety concerns in Mexico. But, we decided to go for it. Most excursions were a long bus ride. It was hot that day and I was grateful for the a/c on the buses! While walking to the buses, we passed a military guy with a machine gun. That made me a little nervous, but I suppose it was a good thing he was there. We had no issues with the bus ride, other than it was bouncy! Not the best roads. We didn't see anyone else. After 35 minutes we came to a private resort. It had a covered dining area, very nice bathrooms (clean) and a shopping section. The beach was clean and they had plenty of chairs. They provided kayaks and 2 person motor boats for all to use. Food and drinks (soda, beer, margaritas) were included in the price of the excursion. The water is not as gorgeous as GC or CC but it was nice. I had read reviews about it being "seaweedy" and they were right! Our time on the beach seemed too short and before we knew it, it was time to go. The staff was very nice and our kids all had a great time.

Cozumel was our very favorite excursion! The Fury was a blast! At Cozumel, we stepped on to the pier, and walked a few feet to where the Fury Catamarans were waiting. They took our picture as we boarded. Then we found seats and we were off! Another great time to take shots of the Fantasy! We rode for a while and then they slowed down to give us instructions about snorkeling. We were able to have water and soda until we stopped to snorkel. Most of us had our own gear and we borrowed their life vests. I had Clorox wipes with me to clean the mouth pieces for those of us who had to borrow snorkels! The Fury had stairs that led into the water or you could jump off the side. We all jumped! We snorkeled for a very short time. While in the water, they took our family's picture. It was chaos getting back on board, but if you are patient, it is fine. Most are not patient and you get kicked by those panicking to get back on the boat. Once on board, the staff passed out beer, margaritas and sodas. We rode for a while and then pulled up at a private beach. We got off, found chairs and relaxed for a while. The kids immediately went in the water to the big slides and the water trampoline. That was a little crazy so our DH's went with the little kids. Got great pictures of all them sliding down the slide! Beer and margaritas were still flowing for free on the beach! Food was an additional $8 for a buffet. After an hour, they call you back onto the boat. Remember what boat you are on. There are about 4 Fury boats there at the same time. All were from the Fantasy ship though. We rode back and once again, the staff made sure your cup was never empty. The crew played music and started dancing on the bow of the ship. Our DD's had a blast doing all the latest line dances with the crew! We bought Fury t-shirts. They were very reasonable at $11 each and were nice looking. Then they showed us our pictures and the two were $22. They were nice photos, so I bought them. I spent at least an additional $100 on the Fury by buying t-shirts, pictures and leaving a nice tip. It was worth the money, and all 12 of us had a blast! The crew made sure you had fun and I don't regret the money I spent that day! I even got t-shirts for folks at home! Way cheaper than buying a Disney shirt!

Ok, I hope that helps!!! I have to figure out how to post photos!!!

PrincessBelle39
04-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Cozumel was our very favorite excursion! The Fury was a blast! At Cozumel, we stepped on to the pier, and walked a few feet to where the Fury Catamarans were waiting. They took our picture as we boarded. Then we found seats and we were off! Another great time to take shots of the Fantasy! We rode for a while and then they slowed down to give us instructions about snorkeling. We were able to have water and soda until we stopped to snorkel. Most of us had our own gear and we borrowed their life vests. I had Clorox wipes with me to clean the mouth pieces for those of us who had to borrow snorkels! The Fury had stairs that led into the water or you could jump off the side. We all jumped! We snorkeled for a very short time. While in the water, they took our family's picture. It was chaos getting back on board, but if you are patient, it is fine. Most are not patient and you get kicked by those panicking to get back on the boat. Once on board, the staff passed out beer, margaritas and sodas. We rode for a while and then pulled up at a private beach. We got off, found chairs and relaxed for a while. The kids immediately went in the water to the big slides and the water trampoline. That was a little crazy so our DH's went with the little kids. Got great pictures of all them sliding down the slide! Beer and margaritas were still flowing for free on the beach! Food was an additional $8 for a buffet. After an hour, they call you back onto the boat. Remember what boat you are on. There are about 4 Fury boats there at the same time. All were from the Fantasy ship though. We rode back and once again, the staff made sure your cup was never empty. The crew played music and started dancing on the bow of the ship. Our DD's had a blast doing all the latest line dances with the crew! We bought Fury t-shirts. They were very reasonable at $11 each and were nice looking. Then they showed us our pictures and the two were $22. They were nice photos, so I bought them. I spent at least an additional $100 on the Fury by buying t-shirts, pictures and leaving a nice tip. It was worth the money, and all 12 of us had a blast! The crew made sure you had fun and I don't regret the money I spent that day! I even got t-shirts for folks at home! Way cheaper than buying a Disney shirt!

Ok, I hope that helps!!! I have to figure out how to post photos!!!

This sounds awesome. We are planning on doing this for our August trip. Can you tell me what time it departed and arrived back? Also do you remember if it was offered just once a day or is there two departures?

StephC1217
04-19-2012, 05:40 PM
There was a seafood buffet at lunch on Thursday on the MV [the second sea day for our cruise].

Thanks! That is exactly what I wanted to know! I LOVE LOVE seafood but DH and DS hate it...these types of buffets are heaven for me! :rotfl:

ihess590
04-19-2012, 07:36 PM

Thank you for posting this,, we are also going on the 28th and would love to hear from cruisers who can give us tips,,

Had2disneycruz
04-19-2012, 07:43 PM
This sounds awesome. We are planning on doing this for our August trip. Can you tell me what time it departed and arrived back? Also do you remember if it was offered just once a day or is there two departures?

There are two departures and by a stroke of luck we got the early time. (I don't know if you get a choice or not, but we were happy with it!) We met in the Buena Vista Theatre at 8:45am. We got back around 1pm and had the rest of the day by the pool. It was like having another day at sea! Worked great for us!!

PrincessBelle39
04-20-2012, 05:32 AM
There are two departures and by a stroke of luck we got the early time. (I don't know if you get a choice or not, but we were happy with it!) We met in the Buena Vista Theatre at 8:45am. We got back around 1pm and had the rest of the day by the pool. It was like having another day at sea! Worked great for us!!

Thatsw what we are hoping for. We'd love to be back by lunch so we can relax, maybe do a little shopping and then just lie by the pool.

Nobtis
04-20-2012, 07:22 AM
My wife Peggy & I went on the Maiden Voyage of The Fantasy and just LOVED it! We had so much fun. We were on the Magic twice and the Wonder once and this blew them away. It was missing a few things like the waiters with the flags, Princess Breakfast & Mickey going down a zip-line. I also didn't like the farewell as much in the main lobby... However, these are minor complaints. It was the most memorable, most exciting, most fun cruise we were ever on. Check out my video and see for yourself!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPm1kClax-8
:beach: