PDA

View Full Version : Wave Phone Pattern?

designertravels
04-14-2012, 12:55 AM
Hi has anyone come up with a wave phone purse pattern? I have searched all around the boards and shopping sites and am not having any luck. I'd like to allow my 9 yr. olds to carry the phones, but don't trust them without a holder.

Thanks, Jill

luvslikepi
04-14-2012, 02:20 AM
Passporter pouches fit the very well in the back pocket.

Shelebeen
04-14-2012, 01:26 PM
Hi has anyone come up with a wave phone purse pattern? I have searched all around the boards and shopping sites and am not having any luck. I'd like to allow my 9 yr. olds to carry the phones, but don't trust them without a holder.

Thanks, Jill

We have been working on one out of duck tape - we have a couple of styles going so far.... we might use them as our FE gifts for the tween set.

Last time our 11 year old use a water wallet holder we had... it worked well with us.

SILLYANDI
04-14-2012, 03:40 PM
I found this:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/93050271/lanyard-pouch-pass-dream-wave-phone

I also found demensions: "about 5in X2IN X 1/2in"

papamouse1
04-14-2012, 03:42 PM
...Last time our 11 year old use a water wallet holder we had... it worked well with us.

We did this as well.... worked great!

magrudersmakes3
04-14-2012, 03:50 PM
The passporter pouch is the best. We kept kttw card, phone and few odds & ends in there.

Minnie321
04-15-2012, 08:33 AM
I found this:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/93050271/lanyard-pouch-pass-dream-wave-phone

I also found demensions: "about 5in X2IN X 1/2in"

This looks great but do you think if I requested they would make it in a boy friendly color - maybe blue. I don't think my DS15 would care for the pink polka dots!

Minnie321
04-15-2012, 08:37 AM
The passporter pouch is the best. We kept kttw card, phone and few odds & ends in there.

Where do you get these from? I could maybe get this for my son because I don't think he is going to like the pink polka dot one mentioned above.

Dislaney4n6
04-15-2012, 08:54 AM
This looks great but do you think if I requested they would make it in a boy friendly color - maybe blue. I don't think my DS15 would care for the pink polka dots!

The listing said it is also available in red or black w/ white dots

mmouse37
04-15-2012, 09:37 AM
I bought these one in black.....fit my cell phone and a few cards easily....

Most likely a wave phone would fit as well...

http://www.disneystore.com/electronic-accessories-electronics-best-of-mickey-mouse-cell-phone-case/mp/1279721/1000235/

MJ

Mom323
04-15-2012, 09:55 AM
I bought these one in black.....fit my cell phone and a few cards easily....

Most likely a wave phone would fit as well...

http://www.disneystore.com/electronic-accessories-electronics-best-of-mickey-mouse-cell-phone-case/mp/1279721/1000235/

MJ

What a great idea! I have one for my cell and never thought about the Wave phone. With the ring on the side I should be able to hang it on the lanyard.

Mom323
04-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Here is a link with the measurements of the Wave phone. Go to Post #6.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2629954

Zandy595
04-15-2012, 10:28 AM
http://www.disneystore.com/electronic-accessories-electronics-embroidered-mickey-mouse-smartphone-case-black/mp/1302111/1000235/
I'm getting this one. I like the long strap. DisneyStore.com has quite a few cell phone cases.

goofymama
04-15-2012, 10:57 AM

Where do you get a pass porter pouch?

papamouse1
04-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Where do you get a pass porter pouch?

I believe they are talking about the one you can get in the store at the Passporter Mom's website

I think it's passporter.com but not sure.... google it

Minnie321
04-15-2012, 04:21 PM
The listing said it is also available in red or black w/ white dots

Thanks I didn't see that - I showed him - he didn't like it anyway - said it looked to much like a purse even if it were a different color. DD did love it.

sdlong329
04-15-2012, 04:37 PM

If that is your concern, I doubt using a *holder* will help. It's up to you whether you want to risk the $250 for loss or damage. In the alternative, you might suggest buying a pair of two-way walk-talkie-type radios, typically sold for less than $59. They work on separate channels, and will work in most areas on the ship ... but will not likely reach from Castway Cay to the ship.

4DisneyAddicts
04-15-2012, 04:56 PM
We had 3 Tweens/teens in our group of 3 families traveling. The boys just kept them in their pockets. Never saw or heard of anyone losing one in our cruise. If it would be lost it would probably be turned in. I lost Coach sunglasses and was happy to discover they were turned in to lost and found. I believe the wave Phones are room specific, so no reason for anyone to want to keep one if they found it. I also told the kids if they lost it, they'd have to pay for it, that may have helped too. ;)

Cruise
04-15-2012, 05:12 PM
If that is your concern, I doubt using a *holder* will help. It's up to you whether you want to risk the $250 for loss or damage. In the alternative, you might suggest buying a pair of two-way walk-talkie-type radios, typically sold for less than $59. They work on separate channels, and will work in most areas on the ship ... but will not likely reach from Castway Cay to the ship.

Wow...do the wave phones work from ship to CC? I hadn't even considered that.

helenb
04-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Are the KTTW cards magnetically sensitive? If so, is it okay to keep them in the same pouch as the Wave Phones? On other (non-Disney) cruise ships we are warned not to have our room cards anywhere near cell phones, as they can be demagnetized.

SILLYANDI
04-15-2012, 05:56 PM

Hehe, it wouldn't get lost. He'd probably leave it in the statertoom because he's too embarrassed to walk around with a pink polka dot one. For some reason I read DD15. Sorry:lmao:

Ariel224
04-15-2012, 06:52 PM
:sad::sad::sad: The one I want is, of course, sold out. http://www.disneystore.com/electronic-accessories-electronics-sequin-minnie-and-mickey-mouse-cell-phone-case/mp/1296342/1000235/#productDetailsAnchor Does disneystore.com get things like this back in stock, or is it gone forever?

designertravels
04-15-2012, 11:38 PM
We have been working on one out of duck tape - we have a couple of styles going so far.... we might use them as our FE gifts for the tween set.

Last time our 11 year old use a water wallet holder we had... it worked well with us.

What a fun idea. My girls are into those crafts, but we have not ventured beyond bows. Will it have a type of strap? Please try to post a picture when your done!

Thanks for all the great ideas everyone!

Jill

Zandy595
04-17-2012, 01:21 PM
I just got an email from DisneyStore.com. Free Shipping on your entire order with any Disney Parks authentic merchandise. The case I posted a link to in this thread is eligible. Promo Code: PARKSFREE

travisx4
04-17-2012, 02:07 PM
last year our DS14 lost his wave phone, it fell out of his pocket when he was in the Walt Disney Theater when we went back it was still there,So this year I told my DH I was going to make him a holder to put on his belt my DH rolled his eye's Im glad this post was started so I can show him our DS will not be the only one..:thumbsup2