PDA

View Full Version : BLT/Contemporary Staff

culli
04-13-2012, 05:25 PM
We have stayed at all the WDW DVC resorts except AKV. We have stayed at BLT 4 times and just got back earlier this week. I find the BLT and Contemporary staff to be below average in attitude and at times just plain rude (except the community hall staff). This includes check in, pool/bar staff, the people who stand in the BLT lobby all day, bell services, quick serve staff at the contemporary pool, pretty much all of them just don't seem to be up to par with the other DVC resort locations staff. Not just the DVC staff but the locations, people at the Boardwalk/Beach&Yacht club overall area (hotel, DVC, quick serve the whole area), OKW, SSR basically every location period on Disney grounds the staff just seems to nicer and have a more pleasant demeanor.

Now am I the only one with this perception/experience? We are pretty easy going and laid back people but every time we stay at BLT my wife and I just seem to walk away with that "this staff really isn't friendly" attitude.

We have been there 4x's, 1st time was the first Oct of the year it opened and the last time was just last week so I don't chalk it up to one bad experience or just caught them at a bad time. We love the location and it is not a certain bad incident, just not getting a very friendly vibe. Hope that makes sense and not trying to start a war or a "we had the worst experience at resort XYZ and will never go back", just wondering if anyone else gets this "vibe" from the Contemporary area.

Starr W.
04-13-2012, 05:30 PM
We have stayed at all the WDW DVC resorts except AKV. We have stayed at BLT 4 times and just got back earlier this week. I find the BLT and Contemporary staff to be below average in attitude and at times just plain rude (except the community hall staff). This includes check in, pool/bar staff, the people who stand in the BLT lobby all day, bell services, quick serve staff at the contemporary pool, pretty much all of them just don't seem to be up to par with the other DVC resort locations staff. Not just the DVC staff but the locations, people at the Boardwalk/Beach&Yacht club overall area (hotel, DVC, quick serve the whole area), OKW, SSR basically every location period on Disney grounds the staff just seems to nicer and have a more pleasant demeanor.

Now am I the only one with this perception/experience? We are pretty easy going and laid back people but every time we stay at BLT my wife and I just seem to walk away with that "this staff really isn't friendly" attitude.

We have been there 4x's, 1st time was the first Oct of the year it opened and the last time was just last week so I don't chalk it up to one bad experience or just caught them at a bad time. We love the location and it is not a certain bad incident, just not getting a very friendly vibe. Hope that makes sense and not trying to start a war or a "we had the worst experience at resort XYZ and will never go back", just wondering if anyone else gets this "vibe" from the Contemporary area.

I found the front desk to have the "attitude". The others we ran across(shops, quick service and pool bar) were very Disney appropriate. I've eaten at The Wave twice and the wait staff there is very nice. Never had a complaint with the Cali Grill staff either. We stayed at BLT in January 2011.

culli
04-13-2012, 05:34 PM
I found the front desk to have the "attitude". The others we ran across(shops, quick service and pool bar) were very Disney appropriate. I've eaten at The Wave twice and the wait staff there is very nice. Never had a complaint with the Cali Grill staff either. We stayed at BLT in January 2011.

I have not ate at either place, we did find Chef Mickey's to be good but not that quick service place right next it.

Starr W.
04-13-2012, 06:22 PM
I have not ate at either place, we did find Chef Mickey's to be good but not that quick service place right next it.

I stopped at the QS to get flatbreads for the kids, before DH and I went to the Cali Grill. We were going to eat there one night, but walked up and they were sorry grills are not working, "so sad too bad attitude."

Went down and walked up to the Wave and had a really nice server, good sit down meal. Love the mini dessert trios there.

We've never done Chef Mickey's, made it to Crystal Palace and Cape May over the years. Now they are at the age when they will ask when are we doing date night and letting them eat pizza in the villa.

Deb & Bill
04-13-2012, 06:24 PM
It's been a few years since we stayed at the CR and we have a BLT visit coming up in October. We had very nice CMs at CR. I guess we'll just have to see in October.

monkeyknuckler
04-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Just came back from BLT a couple weeks ago. No issues with any staff at all. Pretty good experiences all around.

RachaelA
04-13-2012, 08:16 PM
I hope we don't have a bad experience in October. Its our home resort, but we've never stayed there (new members). We're used to AKL and how amazing the staff is there. But honestly in the end, we bought BLT because of the proximity to MK so we'll deal.

Thanks for letting us know about your experiences though. I hope you have a better one the next time you stay there :)

bbluvsdis
04-13-2012, 08:21 PM
We have only stayed at BLT once in May 2011. I have to say we had the best check in experience ever there. The CM who checked us in spent about 15 minutes helping me pick the best room. He kept saying "you are an owner, you should be able to pick your room". I've never had a CM let us do that! I also got bronchitis while we were there and the concierge desk was helpful in giving us info as to options for a pharmacy and doctor in the area. Maybe it was unusual but we had great service there and are looking forward to going back in October.

KAT4DISNEY
04-13-2012, 10:46 PM
I've had very helpful staff at CR. And I've seen staff training new staff that responded "well, if you want to bother checking you'll have to call the back". :rolleyes: But, overall I've had the same sort of experience at CR/BLT as at all other resorts.

Da_Hoser
04-14-2012, 05:47 AM
the last time I stayed at BLT (Nov 2010) I had a wonderful experience with the staff. Everyone was friendly and very helpful. The Front Desk staff went above and beyond for me, moving me to a "better" Magic Kingdom view room.

Friendofpluto
04-14-2012, 06:08 AM
Stayed there Dec 2010 and March 2012. Felt they were friendlier this visit.

disneynutz
04-14-2012, 08:41 AM
We have only stayed at BLT once in May 2011. I have to say we had the best check in experience ever there. The CM who checked us in spent about 15 minutes helping me pick the best room. He kept saying "you are an owner, you should be able to pick your room". I've never had a CM let us do that! I also got bronchitis while we were there and the concierge desk was helpful in giving us info as to options for a pharmacy and doctor in the area. Maybe it was unusual but we had great service there and are looking forward to going back in October.

Our first stay at BLT we were told by the Front Desk that they had a new policy that we weren't allowed to change rooms at check in and that's why Disney came up with online check in, to stop changes at check in.

I guess it all depends on who you talk to.

:earsboy: Bill

rlovew
04-14-2012, 08:44 AM
We have stayed 5 times and felt that everyone has been very helpful and friendly to us. I will say however someone was checking in before us during our first stay and very upset about there standard view room (I was under the impression that was what they reserved) and felt she deserved a different view. While the front desk was working with her (and she was screaming obnoxiously) I felt they were doing what they could but not overly helpful. I think they eventually got ahold of member services to see about changing her view and the points she was using and had available. She was extremely steamed they would not give her a better view without charging more points. The front desk was extremely nice when we stepped up but I would have understood if they had been a little less than amazing after dealing with her.

rock_doctor
04-15-2012, 08:59 AM
I have to agree that some of the Contemporary staff seem to have issues dealing with the BLT owners. I have walked up to the desk in the BLT lobby and had to wait for the CM to put his phone down before he would acknowledge me and i am not talking about a few seconds...and they very rarely give the "welcome home" hello... The check in CMs are hit and miss. If they are unhelpful just get back into line and wait for the next CM. I will say the contemporary does have good...floor walkers (don't know what they are called -the ones that stand out in the open with the guests). They have on a couple occasions helped us greatly and defused what was going to end up being a very non-disney moment for the CM.... :rolleyes1

In general, we have not had too many issues outside of the check in desk and the seriously aggressive housekeepers. ...that room is mine until 11am don't stand outside my door and look irritated that I am still there!!! :mad: BLT is our home and we just look at these CMs as the nasty weird neighbors that you try to ignore until they do something funky.

:confused3 :)

diz8297
04-15-2012, 10:55 AM
We stayed at BLT for the first time this past August. We own at OKW and SSR and absolutedly love OKW. I found the cm's to be absolutedly great at BLT! I believe we were "welcomed home". Definitely as we drove up and I think at check-in. All cm's we encountered in the hallways, i.e., housekeeping, etc were friendly. The restaurants were fine and the shops were as well. In fact, at the shops I recall having some great chats with a couple of the cm's. Then again, I tend to be friendly :wave2: so they can't help but smile back! :):)

montrealdisneylovers
04-15-2012, 12:17 PM
We stayed at BLT for the first time this past August. We own at OKW and SSR and absolutedly love OKW. I found the cm's to be absolutedly great at BLT! I believe we were "welcomed home". Definitely as we drove up and I think at check-in. All cm's we encountered in the hallways, i.e., housekeeping, etc were friendly. The restaurants were fine and the shops were as well. In fact, at the shops I recall having some great chats with a couple of the cm's. Then again, I tend to be friendly :wave2: so they can't help but smile back! :):)

That is my attitude as well. I always remind my daughters that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. I always have a big smile on my face when at Disney and I tend to get big smiles right back! :)

Starr W.
04-15-2012, 01:10 PM
That is my attitude as well. I always remind my daughters that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. I always have a big smile on my face when at Disney and I tend to get big smiles right back! :)

I am always pleasant with the staff, but it certainly didn't work with the front desk at CR. I think perhaps since they are used to more "professional travellers" who attend conventions there(FL GOP was at the CR when we stayed), DVC members seem to take longer to check in, "isn't there a room on a higher/lower floor, etc etc." Watched 2 DVC members take up one front desk person for 15-20 minutes, total time I was in line until I walked away(and they were still there).

BWV Dreamin
04-15-2012, 05:34 PM
I am always pleasant with the staff, but it certainly didn't work with the front desk at CR. I think perhaps since they are used to more "professional travellers" who attend conventions there(FL GOP was at the CR when we stayed), DVC members seem to take longer to check in, "isn't there a room on a higher/lower floor, etc etc." Watched 2 DVC members take up one front desk person for 15-20 minutes, total time I was in line until I walked away(and they were still there).

Hey Starr! :wave2: Did you guys get your requested room? Was it only the front desk that didn't have " magical" attitudes? We won't get there unti 2014!:(

montrealdisneylovers
04-15-2012, 06:35 PM

I think this is the real problem. Nobody cares about the line forming behind them and they will stay put till they get what they want. Then those who have waited in line so long start off angry with the poor CMs.:(

Dziactor
04-16-2012, 07:00 AM
I have never had a problem in 4 trips.

Starr W.
04-16-2012, 08:21 AM
Hey Starr! :wave2: Did you guys get your requested room? Was it only the front desk that didn't have " magical" attitudes? We won't get there unti 2014!:(

Yes, I guess I'm spoilt by the very nice front desk staff at SSR and VB. I put it down to a lot of "earning my ears" types which you get in mid January and a staffing issue(only 3 CM's at the front desk, one being hogged by the 2 DVC ladies, chatting for 15-20+ minutes with one), at one time 6 of us in line.

I've not seen that big of a line at BCV/BWV or VWL on our other trips.

Cee
04-17-2012, 07:39 AM
I always greet the Front Desk CMs with a "Hello! And how are YOU today?" and then I wait for them to answer before launching into MY agenda. Sometimes just a little acknowledgement to the individual so they know you actually see them as such can go a long, long way to the kind of service you get. This has always worked for me at WDW. Other places.....not always. :thumbsup2

Anal Annie
04-17-2012, 12:45 PM
We just spent a week at BLT over spring break and while we didn't have a BAD experience we DID notice that nobody ever said welcome home or went out of their way to be friendly to us. The BLT lobby was very sterile or something and there were no CM's at the pool cleaning up or picking up or anything. We ate at the Wave 2x and the staff there seemed OK enough...but still nothing over the top. Staff wise it was a pretty unmemorable experience.

culli
04-17-2012, 01:53 PM
We just spent a week at BLT over spring break and while we didn't have a BAD experience we DID notice that nobody ever said welcome home or went out of their way to be friendly to us. The BLT lobby was very sterile or something and there were no CM's at the pool cleaning up or picking up or anything. We ate at the Wave 2x and the staff there seemed OK enough...but still nothing over the top. Staff wise it was a pretty unmemorable experience.

This summarizes what I was trying to get across as the last trip was over spring break too. Stayed a day at OKW and the CM staff "feel" of the resorts seemed to differ.

spiceycat
04-17-2012, 02:04 PM
how strange?

generally get a welcome home from the s.g. and front desk - now I don't use online check in - with BLT it is better to do it when you check in.

have always had friendly CM's at both places. the QS (Cont cafe) is wonderfully - have food allergies and these people really try their best to work with me - OKW did not - but SSR did.

have been there at least 5 times and have always had excellent service.

now there is not a front desk at BLT - there is the TOW desk (which can be used for concierge) and the DVC desk which is only for DVC visitors. They can NOT open the doors.

so what were yours problems with the staff?

Anal Annie
04-17-2012, 04:13 PM
This summarizes what I was trying to get across as the last trip was over spring break too. Stayed a day at OKW and the CM staff "feel" of the resorts seemed to differ.

I wonder if it's because the staff is a shared staff with the Contemporary and not dedicated to DVC. Maybe they just don't "get it" as far as what it's like to work in a DVC resort. They certainly probably wouldn't want to say "welcome home" to a Contemp guest and since they have no way of knowing where you're staying just by looking at you they just keep their demeanor on the cool side. No warm & fuzzy feelings allowed?! They simply can't switch gears between the 2 guest types.

culli
04-17-2012, 04:23 PM
I wonder if it's because the staff is a shared staff with the Contemporary and not dedicated to DVC. Maybe they just don't "get it" as far as what it's like to work in a DVC resort. They certainly probably wouldn't want to say "welcome home" to a Contemp guest and since they have no way of knowing where you're staying just by looking at you they just keep their demeanor on the cool side. No warm & fuzzy feelings allowed?! They simply can't switch gears between the 2 guest types.

No that wasn't it for us at least. But the check in person was cold and borderline rude. Same thing for the quick service/bar at the BLT pool and the quick service at the Contemporary pool (this guy actually screwed our whole order up gave me someone else's and overcharged us, and had oh well whatever attitude). Not a big deal just the whole atmosphere seemed kind of cold at the Contemporary area then what we see at the other areas of Disney.

I'm sure it is just a perception issue on my part, that is why I was wondering if anyone else had the same feeling at the Contemporary.

On another note, anyone notice the aggressiveness of the birds? Took a fry right out of my Mom's hand and was dive bombing my kids. I heard about this at the boardwalk and thought it was exaggerated until it happened to us, I had to "stand guard" and keep them away from out table.

KAT4DISNEY
04-17-2012, 04:51 PM

I stayed at the CR for a convention recently and was given the whole Welcome Home. It's fine but I don't need it with DVC and feels it's far overused since I always get it whether staying DVC or thru CRO. :upsidedow

I'm always greeted by management types when entering the CR and just haven't found any more apathy or coldness there than I've run into at various times at other places. My last two check in's (one DVC and one convention) were similar with chatty CM's. I started wondering if I'd be able to get away actually! :rotfl: So it isn't always the customer that is slowing down a check in.

spiceycat
04-17-2012, 05:12 PM
On another note, anyone notice the aggressiveness of the birds? Took a fry right out of my Mom's hand and was dive bombing my kids. I heard about this at the boardwalk and thought it was exaggerated until it happened to us, I had to "stand guard" and keep them away from out table.

it was awful in the parks in the 90's - then disney went with hawks, eagle, etc

then they changed their minds - the hawks and eagles are still there but they are not being encourage to get the little birds at the parks/hotels (like they were)

the problems with birds is what would happen if a small child saw a hawk kill one (or anything else for that matter). So think Disney is backing off from doing anything to the birds who are bothering their guests - really don't like the bizzards who use to be atop TOW. you know did not see them this last time????

if you checked in when a bunch of others did - that might have been a convention - when those happen the excellent CM goes with the convention and we and other guests of CR are left with the not so great ones. Maybe that happen????

really like the CM's at BLT and most of the ones at CR - so hope you give it another chance.

Shellandscott
04-17-2012, 05:16 PM
We stayed in May 2011 after our cruise and I actually wrote to Disney about the horrible check in process at BLT. Before the cruise we stayed one night at SSR and they had 8 or more CM for regular check in and another 4 for the people who did online check in. BLT had 2 CM for check in. The line was super long and when you got to the CM they were RUDE!!! During our stay the Monorail broke and the CM attitude was Oh Well! We asked if they would have buses and they looked at us like we were nuts and they snapped at us "you have to walk". It is not far but after a long day at the parks in the heat a walk was not what I wanted.

culli
04-18-2012, 09:16 AM
it was awful in the parks in the 90's - then disney went with hawks, eagle, etc

then they changed their minds - the hawks and eagles are still there but they are not being encourage to get the little birds at the parks/hotels (like they were)

the problems with birds is what would happen if a small child saw a hawk kill one (or anything else for that matter). So think Disney is backing off from doing anything to the birds who are bothering their guests - really don't like the bizzards who use to be atop TOW. you know did not see them this last time????

if you checked in when a bunch of others did - that might have been a convention - when those happen the excellent CM goes with the convention and we and other guests of CR are left with the not so great ones. Maybe that happen????

really like the CM's at BLT and most of the ones at CR - so hope you give it another chance.

Oh we are staying there again in July so it is not that we are upset or won't go there again. Just wondering if others had the same perception or saw differences. We are all about location first so the Boardwalk and Beach Club are #1 the BLT. It could just be the differences in theme and feel down at BWV/BCV compared to the MK area?

Like I said no big deal just a few attitude issues that I saw the last few times we were there, we loved our stay and we never let that stuff get in the way of having a great time.

montrealdisneylovers
04-18-2012, 01:06 PM

This reminds me of the first time we stayed at BLT in December 2009. We stayed as cash guests and we did not have a clue as to DVC or what it was. We simply wanted to stay at the new building attached to the Contemporary and therefore booked BLT. We kept being greeted by people; the security checkpoint, the CMs and others with "Welcome Home". We smiled the first few times and thought it was cute but then we started thinking it was all really odd :lmao: Now, as owners we know better and are looking for it!!:rolleyes1

sarahk0204
04-18-2012, 08:14 PM
We've stayed at BLT twice, and we have eaten at the Contempo Cafe several times, including times we weren't even staying at BLT. We have had great service all around: CR, Bell Services, restaurant. :confused3

londonderrydisneyfan
04-19-2012, 06:46 PM
We checked into BLT yesterday and most, if not all, of the staff at BLT and the Contemporary have been very friendly. Including the ones we see in the parking lot on our way to the parks.

kda
04-19-2012, 08:44 PM
We spent 8 nights in a 1 BR last May and had a wonderful trip. Can't remember ANY issues or concerns with the way we were treated or CM attitudes. The CM checking us in spent a long time identifying various available rooms for me to choose. CMs at the food court, The Wave, the pool, and BLT were helpful and friendly ....... didn't notice any difference from VWL, OKW, VAK, BCV, or SSR.

mazoo77
04-19-2012, 09:34 PM
I have no complaints about BLT, it is a great resort and never had any issues with any of the CMs. All have been very pleasant and helpful and the location is one of the best!

I have also stayed at BCV and YC. Each time, upon arrival, my kids were welcomed by their first names. It was like magic to them. That kind of thing never gets old. I love BLT but IMO BCV just has that something extra special. Also, the scent in the BCV lobby is second to none.:)

laura-k
04-20-2012, 01:06 AM
I always greet the Front Desk CMs with a "Hello! And how are YOU today?" and then I wait for them to answer before launching into MY agenda. Sometimes just a little acknowledgement to the individual so they know you actually see them as such can go a long, long way to the kind of service you get. This has always worked for me at WDW. Other places not always

Okay so the quote thing isn't working so I just pasted that quote ,
I have to say I totally agree and say thats usually how it works for me also -The Contemp staff has always been nice to me in 2010 there was a very long line and some terrible acting guy was slamming his hand on the counter demanding a different room ,really acting obnoxious , actually getting belligerent and then he's whining and going on that he was
"A MEMBER",I was completely embarrassed as a dvc member -A manager came out ,then he was joined by another manager and they took the guy and walked away ,the cm that was helping him closed for a while and the line continued to move ,finally it was my turn and it was "The CM" that returned to help me I smiled and told him I was sorry he had to deal with people like that and told him to just shake it off ect...later I told him I had never been there so maybe a high floor room would be nice he did whatever they do and said he had a 14th floor room but we where waiting for keys ,something wasn't right so after we chatted and waited awhile and still no keys he had me sit on the couch for a few minutes ,about 10 minutes later I saw him and a manager looking my way and the manager brought me my keys ,with a $50.00 credit and 1 day hoppers for my family -(infact I still have them )and the manager was really nice ,chatted a little and the cm gave me a little nod as I left -
This year I told the girl how much I loved my room last time and looked forward to my stay this year and how cool is this .....they gave me a room on the 16th floor -My kids thought it was so cool to have key only access on the elevator and it was my older sons first stay so it was extra cool to be able to stroll right into the TOW !!-pixiedust:
:rolleyes2 but okay you can't win them all It was a split trip 5 at BLT and the next 5 at the Beach Club . Their I got the worst room I have ever had ,a 1 br on the second floor looking at the roof of the entry walkway by the little mermaid statue -Yup shingles and dirty gutters ,but I mulled it over and thought of the great rooms I had last year and that 1st year and the top floor this year and figured it was my turn -and had a great time anyway -
BTW have to agree with pp about the great smell in the lobby of BCV !

Carolie29
04-20-2012, 04:02 AM
http://www.infoocean.info/avatar3.jpgThis year I told the girl how much I loved my room last time and looked forward to my stay this year and how cool is this .

cadale
04-21-2012, 06:56 PM
BLT is our home and we have never had a problem with the CM's.

Granted sometimes their enthusiasm wasn't top notch but I chalked that up to them maybe having a bad day or having just dealt with a troublesome guest.

We have stayed twice since joining and both times we felt the CM's were comparable in attitude to OKW or SSR.

DizDays
04-22-2012, 12:20 PM
When we stayed at BLT we found the check in CMs cold and unfriendly. They were efficient but acted like we were a bother and they were doing us a favor. We found the rest of the CMs we encountered to be "Disney" standard. Not sure what it is about check in at BLT. At all the other resorts, however, we've always had a great check in experience - even at BCV which also shares resort and DVC check in responsibilities.

andreadoiron
04-23-2012, 02:14 PM

wow, what a great experience! i did not have that kind of service in april but it could be that it was a very busy time. the front desk and staff were pleasant but my room requests were not honored and my room was not ready at 3:30pm...felt it was unusual to not be able to check in a little bit early and i've always had the requests honored before so was kind of shocked. we've come to expect a high level of service from disney and your experience shows that it still does happen

okiedokieartichoke
04-26-2012, 09:44 PM
Not to purposely bash anyone in particular but, as a former CM who worked at contemporary/BLT I have to say that many of the guests we encountered at the front desk were some of the worst. I also worked in other disney resorts at the front desk and had a much easier experience with them (DVC or non-DVC). I'm not making any excuses for the CM's who work there now (which is a totally different staff than when I worked there in 2009) but I feel that those guests attitudes can certainly rub off on you after you deal with it day in and day out. I think I got yelled at by a guest for something completely ridiculous at least two or three times a day. And there is nothing you can do about it but be super friendly and accommodating. Again, not making any excuses for anyone, but I think that the guests that visit the Contemporary play a big role in the attitudes of the cast members. Just my Opinion!!! My advice...even if you have a problem you need help with, don't take it out on the person helping you. It will make their job SO much easier. And if all you are doing is checking in or have a quick question, it doesn't hurt to at least be friendly! : )

jakenjess
04-27-2012, 08:11 AM
We were just there the week of the 15th and had overall a very good experience. Check-in was smooth and room was ready in the AM. We had some ticket issues and the concierge desk was very pleasant and helpful. The only rude encounter we had was a CM at the desk at BLT when my DH was inquiring about the locations of the trash/recycling room and ice machines (why can't they put this info in the rooms???). He seemed quite put out by the question, and rattled off quickly the floors, then when DH tried to clarify he said, "just leave the trash in the hall." Sorry, we were just trying to do the right thing!:confused3

HotdogDncrs
04-29-2012, 07:55 AM
We've always had friendly service upon check in at BLT. There are usually managers standing in the lobby greeting guests as they get into line. BLT is the only resort where my boys have been given paper pirate hats or other small trinkets at check in. The only complaint I would have is that if you happen to be arriving when a group of convention guests do, the line fills up very quickly. On the flip side, I have seen them put out refreshments and cookies for those waiting in line when this does happen.

The one area of service that could use improvement in my opinion is bell services. They get bogged down with the number of guests using the service, and we have had to stand outside waiting for our luggage for quite some time. I've never had issues with them when they are coming to get luggage, or deliver it to our room.

DizDays
04-29-2012, 01:14 PM
Not to purposely bash anyone in particular but, as a former CM who worked at contemporary/BLT I have to say that many of the guests we encountered at the front desk were some of the worst. I also worked in other disney resorts at the front desk and had a much easier experience with them (DVC or non-DVC). I'm not making any excuses for the CM's who work there now (which is a totally different staff than when I worked there in 2009) but I feel that those guests attitudes can certainly rub off on you after you deal with it day in and day out. I think I got yelled at by a guest for something completely ridiculous at least two or three times a day. And there is nothing you can do about it but be super friendly and accommodating. Again, not making any excuses for anyone, but I think that the guests that visit the Contemporary play a big role in the attitudes of the cast members. Just my Opinion!!! My advice...even if you have a problem you need help with, don't take it out on the person helping you. It will make their job SO much easier. And if all you are doing is checking in or have a quick question, it doesn't hurt to at least be friendly! : )

OkieDokie: Why do you think that is? That seems odd that CR would get a larger portion of cranky guests. I'm sure you're right, but I can't understand why that would be. Any ideas?

atmail35
05-11-2012, 04:21 PM
We were just at BLT and we had the best CM check us in...so wonderful that DD wanted to visit her each night. :) BTW, is there away for us to send a note to the CM's supervisor to commend them?

I did visit the concierge on the last day and the CM was a little stand off-ish, but it wasn't horrible.

We had great service at Contempo, Wave, Chef Mickey and Cali Grille. This was our third visit and I have no complaints, but maybe because I have not experienced other resorts I have not way of comparing? I still thought everyone was very nice.