PDA

View Full Version : Chevy Equinox fit a scooter?

catne
04-13-2012, 03:52 PM
that about sums it up...have rented Disney's scooters on past trip, but this time we will be doing split-parks (morning & evening) and don't want to risk not having a scooter available in the evening at the parks when we return from our mid-day break...so this time we're looking into renting from Walker mobility.

Their rep says their scooters should fit, but I'm a worry-wart! Anyone out there with a Chevy Equinox who can tell me the scooter will fit for sure? We will have passengers in the back seat, so would have to fit in just the actual storage area behind the seats.

bedogged
04-13-2012, 05:30 PM
that about sums it up...have rented Disney's scooters on past trip, but this time we will be doing split-parks (morning & evening) and don't want to risk not having a scooter available in the evening at the parks when we return from our mid-day break...so this time we're looking into renting from Walker mobility.

Their rep says their scooters should fit, but I'm a worry-wart! Anyone out there with a Chevy Equinox who can tell me the scooter will fit for sure? We will have passengers in the back seat, so would have to fit in just the actual storage area behind the seats.

I think we would have to know exactly which scooter you were renting? If it is one of the small Go Go travel scooters, I think it would fit if you take it apart.

stitchlovestink
04-13-2012, 10:53 PM

There's a good bit of space back there even for a full sized scooter. But do you realize how heavy those things are? Who is going to be picking this thing up to put it in the vehicle? To my best recollection the full sized scooters don't really disassemble. We had one in the back of a Ford Edge and some sort of Jeep and an Equinox. It fit the least best in the Jeep, we took that back and switched it for the Equinox. But without knowing which model you are referring to, it is hard to know 100% positively it will work. But, I am venturing a pretty accurate guess that as long as you are renting a stanard scooter from Walker you will be fine. But I hope you have 2 strong people with Healthy backs to pick that thing up to get it in and out of the vehicle because it is not light!! Best of luck to you and hope you have a wonderful trip!! :goodvibes

I think we would have to know exactly which scooter you were renting? If it is one of the small Go Go travel scooters, I think it would fit if you take it apart.
A Go Go Travel would fit without being broken down at all...just put the seat back down and bend the tiller forward. No disassembling necessary.... ;) You can also fit SEVERAL pieces of standard luggage back there with a Go Go if you choose to disassemble it. I think we had at least large 4 suitcases back there, but we did disassemble the scooter to maximize space.

scroot
04-16-2012, 08:34 AM
We own an equinox and use it to haul a power chair (on a lift on the back). While a folded manual chair fits in the rear cargo area, I think you would be very hard pressed to get a full size scooter in there. A little one that comes apart would fit but I seriously doubt it would work with most of the rentals I have seen. If you try it, I would bring something with which to tie down the tailgate.