PDA

View Full Version : Just saw this in reference to Palo High Tea

collectoraholic
04-13-2012, 03:39 PM
Just saw this info on the DCL Travel Agent Site:

Disney Cruise Line® continually evaluates experiences and offerings to provide the best overall vacation experience for your Clients. Palo Brunch hours have recently been extended in an effort to accommodate even more of your Clients in this popular adult-only experience. As a result, Palo High Tea will no longer be offered as a dining option aboard the Disney Cruise Line ships. The effective sail dates when this change will take place are as follows:

Disney Magic® – 8/10/12
Disney Wonder® – 8/13/12
Disney Dream – 7/22/12
Disney Fantasy – 8/13/12

Orsino
04-13-2012, 04:22 PM
That makes sense. When I wasn't able to book Palo brunch a few days ago I wondered why they didn't just have longer hours for Brunch. I wouldn't mind eating earlier and I'm sure plenty of people would be okay with eating later as well. Sacrificing Tea for more Brunch times seems like a good trade-off. If they want to keep Tea, they could do High Tea on port days. Getting back to the ship by 3 or 4 would not be a problem for many passengers.

BMICKEY
04-13-2012, 04:26 PM
:sad2: Pout pout pout! We never made it to hight tea on our other three cruises so I had plans on trying it our upcoming cruise in October. Maybe we'll try the brunch....I did talk to the hubby into Remi's though!:rotfl:

shaycamp21
04-13-2012, 04:28 PM
I think that is a good idea to extend brunch hours. I also like the idea of may doing the tea on port days.

kcashner
04-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Tea has been poorly attended on our last 2 cruises. While I realize that they seat only a limited number of tables, on our last cruise we were one of 3 tables! The server said they didn't know why, but attendance had been down even though the seas were lovely. She said that on rough cruises, almost no one does tea.

I didn't suggest that the price increase might have contributed.

Still--allowing more to have brunch makes sense. We liked tea, but at $15 per person it wasn't a good value.

disneyholic family
04-13-2012, 04:54 PM
it makes sense for them to discontinue something that isn't very popular and replace it with an extended brunch...

however, i'm sad i won't be able to do it on our cruise...
i was looking forward to trying the tea for the first time..
i'm very much a tea and scones person, much moreso than brunch...
oh well...i guess it's brunch for us then :)

Dizzyworld
04-13-2012, 05:11 PM
Hopefully they will put some of the goodies in the Cove Cafe.

Good idea about brunch hours.

Niebz
04-13-2012, 05:16 PM
I'm glad they're doing this. It'll make it easier to get a brunch reservation plus it'll open up later dining times for brunch which will work better for us. :goodvibes

disneyholic family
04-13-2012, 05:26 PM
so now that they're going to extend the brunch hours, what time do you think is the ideal time for a palo brunch?

AquaDame
04-13-2012, 06:49 PM
Oh, how sad! We are going on our second cruise in November and since we missed out on our first (no times available) I was hoping to do it this time... we can do brunch at any number of places where I live but no one does high tea. I looooove doing it in Canada whenever we head north so I thought I would really enjoy it... :headache:

maryliz
04-13-2012, 06:56 PM
It's funny about the lack of attendance though ... last year we did High Tea on the Dream and there was only ONE other table ... so a total of 6 people in the restaurant. We thought it was great because we had lots of food, they gave us a big plate to take back to our staterooms and they took pictures of us. :thumbsup2 However, upon returning home, there was a post from someone here on the Dis that was on the same cruise that I was and they said they weren't able to get High Tea ressies onboard as they were told it was full. :confused3

So maybe something in the ressie system is messing things up. We were only on a 4 night cruise and brunch wasn't coming up at all when any of us tried to book it. I think DH would appreciate the brunch more, so for sure we'll try and secure that for our Fantasy 7 night Eastern next year. :goodvibes