PDA

View Full Version : Final Payment Question

cogero
04-13-2012, 11:56 AM
can I make my final payment with my debit card?

Thanks

generaltso23
04-13-2012, 12:41 PM
If it's the type that can be charged as a credit card, yes. But keep in mind that most debit cards have a daily spending limit that may be lower than your final cruise payment.

Green Tea
04-13-2012, 12:53 PM
If it's the type that can be charged as a credit card, yes. But keep in mind that most debit cards have a daily spending limit that may be lower than your final cruise payment.

Really?? I have never heard of a spending limit on a debit card. Mine has a limit on ATM withdrawals in a day but I always figured the spending limit was the cash in the account.

sissy_ib
04-13-2012, 01:00 PM
I've never run in to a limit on my debit card and I used it for many vacations before I got a rewards CC from my bank. But each bank is different.

E&EMom
04-13-2012, 04:25 PM
My debit card has a $800 a day limit and I've had to work around that when paying for our cruise with my debit card. I usually make a payment a day or one payment on a weekend. With my bank it took a few days for my payments to DCL to actually clear my account when using the debit card.

sissy_ib
04-13-2012, 05:18 PM
My debit card has a $800 a day limit and I've had to work around that when paying for our cruise with my debit card. I usually make a payment a day or one payment on a weekend. With my bank it took a few days for my payments to DCL to actually clear my account when using the debit card.

In the future, give your bank a call and ask them to temporarily raise your per-day limit if you want to pay it all off at once. They should have no problem doing that.

generaltso23
04-13-2012, 05:59 PM
Really?? I have never heard of a spending limit on a debit card. Mine has a limit on ATM withdrawals in a day but I always figured the spending limit was the cash in the account.

Yeah, I think it's pretty common to have a daily spending limit, though it depends on the bank. I assume the purpose is to prevent somebody with a stolen card from immediately clearing out the account. I think mine has a daily limit of $2000.