PDA

View Full Version : Pirates in Alaska Party?

MrsMcIB
04-12-2012, 03:46 PM
We booked an Alaskan cruise (Wonder) while on board our Caribbean cruise (Magic). Can anyone tell me the differences to expect on this cruise. Thanks. :yay:

TDC Nala
04-12-2012, 03:56 PM
They don't change the name of the party (it's still Pirates in the Caribbean) and they dont' change the theming. We didn't get the usual Pirate menu although I understand other Alaska cruises did. You've also got a much bigger chance that the party will not be held on deck but indoors - because of rain. It rains a lot in Alaska. It's also colder.

The biggest difference is that there are no fireworks. They are not allowed to shoot off fireworks in Alaska.

PrincessShmoo
04-12-2012, 03:57 PM
We booked an Alaskan cruise (Wonder) while on board our Caribbean cruise (Magic). Can anyone tell me the differences to expect on this cruise. Thanks. :yay:

First - no fireworks. The part, show and menu are still there, but it happens inside, not on deck.

:cutie:

CruznLexi
04-12-2012, 04:07 PM
I think that is funny no fireworks cause the Time Bandit shoots them off all
The timr

PrincessShmoo
04-12-2012, 04:18 PM
I think that is funny no fireworks cause the Time Bandit shoots them off all
The timr

But they're usually not close to land when they do that. They are waaaay out on the Bering Sea.

:cutie:

wdwwishes
04-12-2012, 04:48 PM
We did Alaska July of 2011. Our Pirate Night was on deck but cold, not cold enough to make us not go up for a bit but cold enough that it seemed shorter. Same menu etc. I think due to the weather, it's not as big a deal as on the Caribbean/Bahamas cruises. I missed the fireworks and the horn. Due to wildlife regulations or something like that, the horn was only sounded when as a fog horn when foggy and there were no fireworks. The only time we heard that magical horn was leaving Vancouver.

Heard02
04-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Get ready for the prettiest scenery ever! It absolutely breathtaking!