PDA

View Full Version : Strawberry Soup

lisa702
04-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Where is the Strawberry Soup DCL always served? It is DD's favorite (that and the Mickey Bars). We sailed the Dream twice last year and no strawberry soup. The prior year it was on the buffet on the Wonder I think. Can anyone report if it was on the Fantasy or is it no more on DCL? :sad1:

kathi
04-12-2012, 03:03 PM
We were on the Dream and the Magic last year and there was no strawberry soup. I only remember it from prior years at the embarkation lunch.

I would love to see it return also!

Sereina
04-12-2012, 03:08 PM
We had the strawberry soup on the Wonder last month. They had it at the buffets and I think at dinner one night...

lindylou2_2002
04-12-2012, 03:10 PM
They had it on the magic in the med last year because we were making fun of Our friends daughter. Who was eating it in topsiders one day.

Annabell
04-12-2012, 03:19 PM
We had it on the Magic last year. It was at the embarkation lunch at Parrot Cay. I loved it !:)

trimix
04-12-2012, 03:45 PM
On the Magic and Wonder I have enjoyed strawberry soup at the embarkation lunch and Palo brunch.

I have not seen the soup at any other meal.

iamadisneynut
04-12-2012, 03:47 PM
We had the strawberry soup on the Wonder last month. They had it at the buffets and I think at dinner one night...

I hope it's still there next year!! We have our cruise on the Wonder in March and Strawberry soup is my DD's favourite! She'll be so excited!!

Dziactor
04-12-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm sure I had it on the Dream last year.

lisa702
04-12-2012, 06:10 PM
I'm sure I had it on the Dream last year.

We never saw it if it was..:confused3 ..she did love the strawberry yogurt at cabanas for breakfast...

caribear
04-12-2012, 06:30 PM
I had it on the Magic back in 2010, but it was not served in the MDR on the Dream in February 2012. I did have an incredible Strawberry Soup at the Palo Brunch on the Dream. OMG!!! It was like nothing I have tasted before....I mean I loved it on the Magic, but at Palo is was unbelievabe!!!

guarn3md
04-12-2012, 07:21 PM
I just got off the Dream and I had it for the first time. It was amazing!! Wanted to ask for more than one serving and a doggy bag!! I had it at the Palo brunch. I didn't see it anywhere else on the ship. Although until that point I never knew it existed so wouldn't have looked for it either!
Debbie

Forever a Princess
04-12-2012, 07:46 PM
We have had it at the Embarkation Lunch Buffets on the Wonder and Dream.

It is on my list of must have Embarkation lunch foods.

Hope the Fantasy has it when we sail in June!!! :banana:

Sereina
04-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Now that I think about it, I believe I had it at the MDR at lunch, not dinner.

staxia
04-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Strawberry soup?!?!

Did someone say STRAWBERRY SOUP!?!?!

Is this the same sort of deliciousness that is regularly served at 1900 Park Fare!?!?

I am IN LOVE with the freakin' stuff.. I will suffer a character meal and force others to do so and pay the prices for it, just to get this soup.. I will start a meal with it and end it with it, too.. is this the same stuff?!

*crossing my fingers*

Lord, I hope so!! and I hope and pray that it's available on the Wonder this June because I am not ashamed of my love for the stuff... and by the time I cruise, I'll have been dieting seriously since January and plan on enjoying everything in moderation.. but if that soup is on that boat when I'm there.. :scared1: y'all just better watch out!

Ok.. maybe not that serious.. but man, I love me some strawberry soup!

mindylee847
04-12-2012, 09:47 PM
I believe I've seen the recipe in my cookbook that I got from Disney, the Delicious Disney one. You can try making it at home as a fun thing to do before going?

pxefig
04-12-2012, 10:06 PM
I believe I've seen the recipe in my cookbook that I got from Disney, the Delicious Disney one. You can try making it at home as a fun thing to do before going?

It's a little different than the Delicious Disney recipe, but not by much. I emailed Disney Cruise Line for the recipies for strawberry soup and that yummy truffle bread from Remy, and this is the recipe I was sent if anyone wants to try it:
Strawberry Soup (8 servings)

16 oz of Vanilla ice-cream
4 cartons (about 1 dry pint per carton) of fresh strawberries
2 oz of corn syrup
1 pint of regular milk

Blend all the ingredients together

6 leaves of fresh mint
Decorate with the mint leaves

lisa702
04-13-2012, 02:43 AM
Forever :worship: grateful!

lisa702
04-13-2012, 02:46 AM

We may just do that just in case......now that I have a recipe....thank you for the suggestion! :yay:

Thank you everyone for the replies!

huffjoann
04-13-2012, 05:22 AM
so this is a cold soup? on one hand it sounds like the a train wreck, on the other I think it would be refreshing. I will give it a try if they have it next month on Dream either way ;)

lisa702
04-13-2012, 01:51 PM
so this is a cold soup? on one hand it sounds like the a train wreck, on the other I think it would be refreshing. I will give it a try if they have it next month on Dream either way ;)

Yes it is a cold delicious decadent soup....mmmmmmm good.....LOL

pxefig
04-13-2012, 03:18 PM

Lol. My husband doesn't understand what the big deal is. I love it and think it tastes soooo good; he thinks it tastes like a strawberry smoothie you just eat with a spoon instead of a straw.:confused3

toy
04-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Strawberry soup has to be the most wonderful food ever created.:good vibes There are several recipes out there and I love them ALL!

ruley3
04-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Strawberry soup has to be the most wonderful food ever created.:good vibes There are several recipes out there and I love them ALL!

:thumbsup2 :love: I love the soup at brunch I always get it!!! :)

disneydreamer82
05-09-2012, 01:09 PM
:thumbsup2 :love: I love the soup at brunch I always get it!!! :)

I will confirm this, she does get it EVERY TIME!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

dvcdisney
05-09-2012, 01:19 PM
I had the Strawberry soup at lunch a couple of times on our last cruise on the Dream in August 2011. It was really good. :love: I believe it was at the Royal Palace both times. We ate most of our meals in the MDR. Definitely worth the extra time for each meal.

I hope it's offered in the Fantasy.

1153rsmith
05-09-2012, 01:23 PM
We were on the Magic 2 weeks ago and it was on the buffet and served either at dinner one night or lunch in Lumiere's one day. But we had it at least twice... it is sooooooooo ggggggggoooooooooooooddddddddddd! :rotfl2:

Ware Bears
05-09-2012, 01:50 PM
So hoping to try this on the Wonder next year. :)

Lidiad27
05-09-2012, 02:16 PM
I was on the Fantasy last week and had the Strawberry soup at Palo's for brunch. Yum!:thumbsup2

wmharley
05-09-2012, 02:29 PM
It was on the Magic' Topsiders on the 1st day brunch. My family said it tasted like Strawberry Nesquik.

i liked it. I also enjoyed the Watermelon soup on the MDRs.

Bronxgirl
05-09-2012, 02:43 PM
It sounds like a melted smoothie. They sell it at the grocery store I was at today so maybe I'll give it a try.

AmandaRG
05-09-2012, 02:46 PM
It sounds like a melted smoothie. They sell it at the grocery store I was at today so maybe I'll give it a try.

Pretty much...looks like the ingredients for a milkshake...let it all melt and there you go! My husband LOVES the stuff, but I think it is too sweet.

mom2brooke76
05-09-2012, 02:53 PM
I had the Strawberry soup at lunch a couple of times on our last cruise on the Dream in August 2011. It was really good. :love: I believe it was at the Royal Palace both times. We ate most of our meals in the MDR. Definitely worth the extra time for each meal.

I hope it's offered in the Fantasy.

I just got off of the Dream on Sunday and they didn't have strawberry soup that I saw. Instead, at lunch at Royal Palace, they offered chilled mango soup. I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but honestly enjoyed just as much (if not more) than the strawberry soup! :thumbsup2

caribear
05-09-2012, 02:53 PM
If you are at Disney....go to the breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian....they have a yummy Strawberry Soup too (although not as decedant as the one at the Palo Brunch!)!!

dvcdisney
05-09-2012, 03:16 PM
I just got off of the Dream on Sunday and they didn't have strawberry soup that I saw. Instead, at lunch at Royal Palace, they offered chilled mango soup. I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but honestly enjoyed just as much (if not more) than the strawberry soup! :thumbsup2

Hmm...looks like I'll be trying the mango soup.....maybe it'll be at the Royal Court on our next Fantasy cruise. :goodvibes

lisa702
05-09-2012, 03:56 PM
The mango soup is good too.....so is the watermelon soup....:love:

KYDIZFAN
05-09-2012, 10:58 PM
You can have Strawberry Soup anytime you want here http://youtu.be/XQtzb_hyl4M
:-) Sorry I couldn't resist.