PDA

View Full Version : ??? Spirit of Aloha Polynesian Luau ???

LaCroix101103
04-11-2012, 06:07 PM
We just booked this for our trip in Oct. The family consists of Me my wife and two boys 5,8. We have never been here before so any warnings, help, insight, and or opinions will be very help full. I am just trying to see if we made a good decision or if we should try and book somewhere else. Thank you all in advance.

:thumbsup2:worship:

loganpaulsmom
04-11-2012, 06:12 PM
The show itself, or should I say the story is a little bit cheesy.. Tht being said, my 5 year old at the time.. Loved it.. The food comes family style.. It's something you do once..

dogbert03
04-12-2012, 10:15 AM
I think the biggest note would be making sure that your kids have looked at the menu and know that they will enjoy the food. It isn't exactly the usual luau being that they have to incorporate the Disney aspect, but it is fun and is enjoyable for all ages. As long as everybody is happy with the menu, you should have a great time.

chocolateMinnie
04-12-2012, 10:41 AM
We went in October 2010 with my then 12 year old son and 8 year old daughter and loved it.

Others criticise it for not being 'traditional' Luau but if like us you have nothing to compare it to it was darn good (especially the fire dancer at the end.)

The food was excellent apart from the pudding which was very ordinary.

The included drink was fantastic for dh and I although we did have to pay oop for DS to have a cranberry juice and DD to have a bottle of water which seemed a bit strange especially as DS was an 'adult' and a cranberry must cost them a lot less than a pitcher of beer :confused3

We would definitely do it again although we do prefer HDDR.

Belleandtinker
04-13-2012, 04:33 PM
We think the show's theme is corny. The dancers, flame thrower and food are excellent! We have gone multiple times over the past years and are going again in May.

For shows, the HDDR is corny but funny. We have thoroughly enjoyed the show, beer and food.

Watch a few Utubes if you aren't sure.

Have fun!

mkoerner
04-14-2012, 10:23 AM
We took our boys many years ago when there was a luau for kids. Then, we went back about 4 years ago and were not impressed. The food was good, but the show was not. We left thinking we had just wasted 2 meal credits on that. Too bad.

Houston86
04-16-2012, 11:52 PM
We think the show's theme is corny. The dancers, flame thrower and food are excellent! We have gone multiple times over the past years and are going again in May.

For shows, the HDDR is corny but funny. We have thoroughly enjoyed the show, beer and food.

Watch a few Utubes if you aren't sure.

Have fun!

Watched highlights of the you tube video. I think this will be a good dinner show. All adults looking for some downtime and agood meal. Thanks for the you tube Idea:goodvibes.