PDA

View Full Version : Hyatt MCO w DCL Transport vs Residence Inn CC & Rental Car

novascotiagal
04-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Hello

First time cruiser with my 10 yr old daughter. Just became aware of the board a few days ago and have been surfing the threads. Seems to be different thoughts on night before accomadations and transport. Wondering if people who have experinece with this could weigh in between the 2 options I am considering.

Option 1: Hyatt Regency at airport with DCL transport to port
Option 2: Residnece Inn in Cape Canaveral with either a rental car or car service.

Thanks for any assistance. Not cruising until Mar 9, 2013 on Fantasy but like to plan.

Heather

soccermom888
04-11-2012, 05:40 PM
There are LOTS of threads on this, but we just got off Dream and stayed at MCO Hyatt and took DCL ground transportation to PC. Mainly b/c we got a good deal on MCO Hyatt, although I may have done it anyway b/c I was eager to get onboard ASAP. Apparently the DCL transpo gets the lowest boarding numbers, and we were on the first bus out and got boarding #3. We were among the first 100 onboard! Went straight to the pool and Aquaduck, where we rode it 2 times before any line formed.

That said, as others have noted, lines don't really start until around 1pm, since most people seem to eat first. Anticipating that, we ate a big breakfast and went for a late lunch. My point is that I don't think you're missing a whole lot if you're a slightly later boarding # :thumbsup2

travisx4
04-11-2012, 05:41 PM
We have stayed at both Hyatt and the Residence Inn but we used a rental car both times. Both are great hotels but I prefer the Residence Inn because of the atmosphere before the cruise. Quite a few of the guests will be going on cruises the next day and there are quite a lot of discussions going on plus you have the beach vibe that night and the next morning. Much more relaxing than the airport plus you do not have the long drive in the morning.

DLW8
04-11-2012, 06:44 PM
I think it also depends on what time your flight arrives. We won't be arriving until 9 PM, so for us, it's easier to stay at the Hyatt MCO since we are right there.

kcashner
04-11-2012, 06:51 PM
The Hyatt is pricey, but totally convenient. For just 2 of you, the difference between DCL transfers and a rental car is not great, although the rental car will save a little money.

Decide what is most important--cost or convenience. There are other great hotels in the MCO area that offer a shuttle to and from MCO as well as complimentary breakfast; the Hyatt Place is my favorite in this category. You can stay there and catch the shuttle back to MCO in the morning to take DCL transfers to the ship. Again, a bit of hassle, but keeps all transportation options open,

We decide what to do largely based on our arrival time. Arriving late in the evening--Hyatt is very convenient. Arriving earlier--consider staying off airport property. Since the cruise terminal doesn't open till 11, we don't feel pressed to book a hotel near the terminal...and if we are arriving remotely "late," I don't like to drive at night.

Loriekins
04-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Our first cruise we rented a car at the airport & stayed at country inn & suites in port canveral. Car rental was much cheaper than dis transfers & it was niceseeing the ships the night before. The second cruise i got the hyatt place (.3 miles from the airport) on hotel.com for under $60. We used their shuttle from the airport to the hotel & thenback to the magic express in the morning. Like another said, we were the first bus to the ship & had boarding pass #2. A lot less stressful & we were on the ship before noon. I think I liked the #2 better but I would do either again in a heartbeat.

scootch
04-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Is it just you and your daughter? I would go Hyatt. I take my girls without daddy cruising and I really like knowing I am on the bus, no way to get lost, break down or whatever... the ship won't leave without us. My kids love the Hyatt and staying in the airport too, so that is a plus!! No worries with your luggage, just couldnt' be easier!