PDA

View Full Version : When to get to Big River Grille?

helenb
04-11-2012, 02:22 PM
I'd like to have dinner at Big River Grille during out mid-June trip. I was surprised to discover that this restaurant does not take ADRs (although it is my understanding that they have table service).

By what time should I arrive for dinner to ensure that I don't have to wait too long to be seated? If I get there by 5 or 6 pm, will it be okay?

TDC Nala
04-11-2012, 02:45 PM
They're table service but they're not a Disney operated restaurant (there are, however, a couple of Disney operated restaurants - Beaches & Cream and ESPN Club - that do not take reservations). I'm guessing their operator chose to not offer reservations through Disney. They do have a "call ahead" but you do not need to do it six months ahead of time. Here is their website. The phone number is there if you want to ask.

http://www.bigrivergrille.com/index.php?pg=location&sub=loc&location_id=23

TheRustyScupper
04-11-2012, 05:49 PM
. . . By what time should I arrive for dinner to ensure that I don't have to wait too long to be seated? If I get there by 5 or 6 pm, will it be okay?

1) Usually, this will result in a wait of up to 1-hr.
2) On any given day, BRG can fill up quickly.

helenb
04-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Ugh, 1 hour? Really? That's exactly why I wanted a reservation... Sigh.

Maybe I'll just go to Beaches & Cream instead. But the menu looked so much better at Big River Grille...

TDC Nala
04-12-2012, 07:52 AM
Beaches & Cream doesn't take reservations either, and you would likely be waiting there longer at peak mealtimes - it is a much smaller restaurant.

tinka-belle
04-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Big River DOES take reservations, use the link the OP provided above. They do not offer any ADR slots thru Disney, so just call the restaurant directly. No need to call six months in advance, a month or two is fine.

Those with reservations will be seated before walk-ups. At dinner time there can be a considerable wait at Big River as a walk-up, so a reservation is suggested. Beaches & Cream is very small and takes no reservations at all.

Eastern
04-12-2012, 03:50 PM
I thought their food was awful, and I have had good experiences at most every other Disney restaurant. I would most definitely not wait 1 hour.

StuckInKS
04-13-2012, 01:05 AM
We went 2-3 times last trip and never had a reservation. I don't remember waiting too long. But if you want to call in, do so just to be on the safe side. We had a good experience here and it seemed we could eat a little cheaper than reg WDW restaurants (we ate here on some of our no DDP days)

helenb
04-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the advice, everyone! My DS and I are going to spend an afternoon at SAB and I wanted a quick place to go for dinner, without going into Epcot (crowds predicted to be terrible that day). I'll try calling Big River Grille and seeing if we can get a reservation.