PDA

View Full Version : Shows will they change?

Disneyof3
04-11-2012, 11:12 AM
:confused3

So I saw a show on you tube that is on the Magic, the Cinderella one and the girl singing was just amazing. Enough that I downloaded it and it is on my CD in my car. So I started looking at the other ships too and the toy story one and the others look so amazing. Will they ever change the shows on the other ships and put them on different ships. So for example we went on the dream this past March and we saw Believe,villians and golden mickeys. Will they ever go on like the Fantasy and we get the fantasy shows??? or magic or Wonder. We sail again next March and was wondering if they would be different??

jlwhitney
04-11-2012, 11:23 AM
The shows do not change often at all on the ships, and they don't move around.

clten
04-11-2012, 04:51 PM
Disney's plan a few years ago was to have a signature show on each ship. The idea was either that you have to sail all the different ships to see all the shows or that you had at least one new show to look forward to if you were sailing on a ship you hadn't sailed before. So no, it's unlikely the signature shows would move from one ship to another. Chances are that the shows on the Dream that you had will be the same when you sail again. (They enhance the shows more often then they change them. So it may be the same show but some subtle changes -- like they've changed Villians several times already.)

Florida Dreamin'
04-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Believe is on the Fantasy along with Aladdin, Wishes, a greeting show, and a farewell show. Don't have any idea about the others though.

~ FD.

kcashner
04-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Magic has Twice Charmed (Cinderella), Disney Dreams, and Villains Tonight. Yes, the shows DO change, but slowly. One theater person told us that it costs millions for them to do a show from scratch and the calculation is that a show must run for 7 years to have made it's budget worthwhile. In fairness, not all shows have lasted that long. (anyone remember Morty the Magnificent or Voyage of the Ghost Ship?)

extechie rbd/wdt
04-11-2012, 05:11 PM
clten,

I heard Villains has had a couple of re-vamps and script changes because it was so poorly received.

kcashner is correct about the costs involved in mounting a new show.
The frisbee in Herc was over $200 to replace just because it had a H sticker on the front of it. (still came with the $0.99c store sticker on it though!)

Anything imagined, created or produced from Imagineering has a ridiculous price tag attached to it! GM's was over $3.5m for the Wonder I heard!
And WDW Costuming are equally expensive! Bell dress..... $40k+

Ex Techie :)

kcashner
04-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Villains is definitely in the third revision...and still not working well. Oh well. I'm looking forward to 2 new shows on the Fantasy.

And we've also heard the $40K + price tag on Belle's gold dress and Cindy's bridal gown. Many of the fabrics in the costumes are manufactured especially for DCL. When you are as big as Disney, you get to decide what you want and have it made instead of hoping you can find something that fits your general idea!

extechie rbd/wdt
04-11-2012, 05:37 PM
And not just one on board either lol! Principal and Understudy! 11 dresses for one show and your nearly up to $1m already :eek::eek::eek: :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Ex Techie :)

Florida Dreamin'
04-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Villains is definitely in the third revision...and still not working well. Oh well. I'm looking forward to 2 new shows on the Fantasy.

And we've also heard the $40K + price tag on Belle's gold dress and Cindy's bridal gown. Many of the fabrics in the costumes are manufactured especially for DCL. When you are as big as Disney, you get to decide what you want and have it made instead of hoping you can find something that fits your general idea!

Wishes is just flat out awkward. It's good, but awkward. Transitions are bad, along with how they introduce the story. There were also no true show scenes. I have a feeling there will be a huge revamp some time soon. Oh well, go to it and watch it for yourself. :)

~ FD.

Disneyof3
04-12-2012, 11:18 AM
:thumbsup2

Thanks everyone, wishfull thinking I guess. I also didn't really like Villians either. Believe was excellent and Golden Mickeys was just okay.