PDA

View Full Version : Air France/Delta FF miles

Deesknee
04-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Hi Everyone, 2 of my kids flew Air France and we have been told they can use the miles as Delta frequent flyer miles. Can someone confirm that for me. I tried calling Delta, but the woman wanted to know the FF #, which my kids have at school and are in class right now. I thought maybe someone here would know the answer.

Also, if so, doesn anyone know if that will get them a 1 way tix to Orlando from Boston? apprx 1,300 miles.
TIA

sam_gordon
04-11-2012, 11:52 AM
I think Air France miles can be used on Delta. As far as how many it takes for a one way ticket... I picked June 14 (since you didn't give any dates) and it looks like a one-way is 40,000 points.

A round trip (6/14-6/21) is also 40,000 points. You can check yourself... go to delta.com, use the pull down for 'Skymiles' and select 'book a reward trip'. You don't need to be signed in to do so.

lost*in*cyberspace
04-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Delta is part of the SkyTeam Alliance, as is Air France. If they took one trip on Air France, they won't have anywhere near enough miles to redeem for a frequent flyer ticket. The above poster is right that it would cost you 40,000 miles for the one way trip from BOS to MCO, which would be a ridiculous waste of FF miles, even if you had that many. Delta is notorious for never having any saver award tickets available (fewer miles needed).

Lewisc
04-11-2012, 01:11 PM
You can use your Air France miles to book a Delta flight. The booking is made with AF. AFAIK there isn't anyway to combine (pool) your AF and Delta miles.

A R/T economy ticket from BOS to CDG is only 3,440 miles. Double for R/T.

You might be able to transfer AMEX membership rewards points into your kids flying blue account and top them off.

A ticket from BOS-MCO is probably a waste. Definitely a waste if you need to use AMEX MR to top off the accounts.

Deesknee
04-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Thanks everyone. I knew it was too good to be true. :)

OrangeCountyCommuter
04-11-2012, 08:19 PM
You can get a ticket for 25k and MCO is one of the easier places to get low mile awards too IMHO. I have seen a lot of them.

However OP will need to book via AF.

Not sure why so many poster told OP that a low milage award was 40K.. :confused3

lost*in*cyberspace
04-12-2012, 11:03 AM
You can get a ticket for 25k and MCO is one of the easier places to get low mile awards too IMHO. I have seen a lot of them.

Not sure why so many poster told OP that a low milage [sic] award was 40K.. :confused3

Doing a check of award availability for random dates this summer on the Delta web site shows 40,000 is the cheapest FF ticket available. No one said that was a low mileage award. None of this is relevant, because taking only one RT flight on Air France is not going to get you enough miles for a FF ticket (assuming OP's kids took one RT flight only).

NancyIL
04-12-2012, 11:14 AM
I won't consider using FF miles for a plane ticket unless the ticket price is at least 1 cent per mile ($400 or more for a 40K award, or $250 or more for a 25K award), and preferably 2 cents or more per mile. I am also glad most of my airline miles are on American, where you can use half the number of miles for one-way flights.

lost*in*cyberspace
04-12-2012, 06:43 PM
I am also glad most of my airline miles are on American, where you can use half the number of miles for one-way flights.

Same for United.

DebbieB
04-12-2012, 07:46 PM

Not sure why so many poster told OP that a low milage award was 40K.. :confused3

I had alot of Delta miles from business travel and it's been awhile since I've seen a 25K to Orlando, at least from PIT. I'm looking for this October, the lowest is 40K.