PDA

View Full Version : Akershus questions and live characters

heather13
04-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Anyone know which princesses have been at Akershus recently? And is it still family style dining or has it switched to buffet (or does it depend on the meal)?

DD is not too fond of character meals unless they're live people - she's very excited about princess meals. I believe these are our only options (please correct me if I'm wrong):
Akershus
CRT
Grand Floridian (Mary Poppins/Alice, or the Cinderella crew)

Thanks!

TwistGrl101
04-11-2012, 10:18 AM
I'm pretty sure they bring you eggs, sausage, and bacon (maybe) to the table, and then you go up and get fruits/cheeses/breads, etc. from the buffet.

The princesses we saw were Belle, Aurora, Cinderella, Ariel, and possibly one more.

We found the breakfast to be fresh and abundant, although they're aren't many choices.

We've gone twice, and have waited 30 minutes past our ADR to be seated, but once we were in the princesses all came to our table in a timely manner. It's a nice alternative to CRT.

1900 Park Fare in GF is a GREAT character experience with Cinderella and the stepsisters, but the food was just okay.

ktlm
04-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Lunch and dinner there is a salad/appetizer(mostely coldcuts, cheese, and bread) buffet and then the main course is ordered off a menu. Dessert they bring you out a plate of a few items for the table, none of which DD (6) has ever been crazy about. The Princesses were "standardized" a couple of years ago, and it is almost always Belle (yellow dress- photo out front) and then Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White, and Ariel (ball gown) making rounds in the restaurant. We like Akershus, but we prefer CRT. DD has been a Princess fanatic since she was 2, so usually we wind up doing both- and the 1900 Park Fare Cinderella dinner.

heather13
04-11-2012, 12:57 PM
DD adores Snow White, so that's what is most appealing about Akershus if chances are good that she'll be there. I've been batting around doing both, but if we're meeting the same princesses (aside from Snow) might just be worth the one stop.

One more question then about Akershus - if it's a partial buffet, what do they do if you have the last breakfast seating? Does the restaurant close completely before lunch, or does the buffet switch over to lunch-type foods before we would leave?

LONES
04-11-2012, 01:57 PM
We've done the princess lunch at Akerhus in January of 2009, 2010 and 2012. Each time we saw Belle, Aurora, and Ariel. The princesses that rotated for us were Cinderella, Jasmine, Snow White and Mulan.

I can't compare because we've never done any of the other princess meals, but we've never been disappointed at Akerhus.

budafam
04-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Do they have Mickey waffles as well? We have an ADR here and my DH will not eat unless they have Mickey waffles :sad2: