PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickey's or Tusker House

abevans
04-11-2012, 09:12 AM
OK so I am a little nervous!! I booked Chef Mickey's for Breakfast last night and I got on today and starting reading reviews and now I think I should change! We have 3 DD 11, 9 and 2! Our 2 year old loves the "traditional gang" (Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Pluto) which is why I went with Chef Mickey's! But now I am thinking I should switch to Tusker House, what do you think!!!

disneyfav4ever
04-11-2012, 09:19 AM
Character interaction is about the same at both, but I think the food and service are much better at Tusker House.

Raksha
04-11-2012, 09:30 AM
If I had to choose between the two....Tusker House HANDS DOWN!!! You still get all the same cast of characters at the meal and donald is there for photos before the meal (not during though so get them while you can - he's a hard one to track down!!). We love Tusker and will never never never go to CM again unless they really change.

CapnJacksGirl
04-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Another vote for Tusker House! That's in our top three of absolutely must do every trip meals! And CM is on our list of probably will never do again unless everyone starts raving about it suddenly meals.

Tusker House breakfast is fantastic! We love the pic with Donald outside, our favorite server is there, the food is wonderful with a few exotic flavors thrown in, and the characters are so cute in their safari garb! Plus, you get to see Daisy and she's hard to find elsewhere. My DSs just love her!

By all means, switch your ADR! I can't imagine you'll be disappointed.

River Country
04-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Another Vote for Tusker House

My favorite bfast hands down

Krispy kreme Donuts and Jungle Juice:thumbsup2

Maestra99
04-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Subbing in case there are more opinions - I'm trying to decide between CM and TH as well! Leaning towards TH as it seems to have more favorable reviews and we need a breakfast for our AK day. I also like the look of Tusker House from the photos I've seen - a bit more themed and interesting than CM's, IMO.

DisneyDreamers2007
04-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Tusker House :thumbsup2

TinkerwithDis
04-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Tusker House all the way! Chef Mickeys is NOT good AT ALL. Blah! only good thing about that place are the characters, although they do take a while to come around.

Crystal824
04-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Tusker House gets my vote. CM is ok. I like the food and ambiance of TH more. CM always seems disorganized and chaotic to me. The food I'd way better at TH.

budafam
04-11-2012, 02:17 PM
We ate breakfast at Chef Mickey's on our very first trip and absolutely LOVED it. The food was excellent (lots to choose from) and the characters were great. No complaints here. With that said, we did book Tusker House on our upcoming trip so I guess I'll find out in 23 days :)

DEA
04-11-2012, 02:30 PM
I'd also take Tusker House over Chef Mickey's. You will have a slightly different cast of characters (Daisy Duck is at TH, Donald is only outside at a photo op, Pluto is at CM, but not at TH...), but you will still get Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy at either place. I think TH is especially good to start off an AK day, while CM is much more geared to an MK day, being so close at the Contemporary Resort. Judging by the food, though, TH is the clear winner for me.