PDA

View Full Version : Best place for dinner at MK?

daisy8869
04-11-2012, 07:44 AM
We will be at the world in August and I currently have an ADR for Liberty Tree Tavern. This will be our first day of the trip and it is also EMH for MK so I was thinking we could eat and then enjoy EMH.

My concerns about Liberty Tree Tavern is that we have had lunch there and it was good but not great. I'm just not sure if there is a better place to eat?

It is just DH and I, we will have the DDP. Not really interested in character meals.

Thanks for your ideas!

gabzee
04-11-2012, 08:01 AM
The TS in MK without characters are LTT, Tonys, and the Plaza. None of these are particularly good. I would suggest going to one of the monerail resorts. I would suggest either Kona Cafe, Ohana, or GFC.

laughinplace199
04-11-2012, 08:54 AM
I agree with the PP. MK's TS restaurants are just not that great. For a TS place at a monorail resort, my favorite is GFC. We've had incredible meals there on our last two trips.

Brocktoon
04-11-2012, 08:58 AM
I'd agree with the others as well ... hop the monorial and check out either GFC or Kona

disneyfav4ever
04-11-2012, 09:01 AM
I would actually probably go to one of the monorail resorts to eat, my pick would be Kona Cafe or Ohana. Though I wouldn't count out Crystal Palace either if you really want to stay in the park, even though it is a character meal I have always enjoyed the buffet there.

dworldlovers
04-11-2012, 09:06 AM
We ate at Liberty Tree Tavern in January and loved it!! The food was very good. Service was a little on the slow side, but they were very busy. It was a nice, relaxing dinner and though they were busy, we were not rushed in any way. Ohana is also one of our favorites! Getting there is a fun monorail ride and since it's EMH, you'll have time to get back and enjoy MK. If you want to splurge a little, think about Artist's Point in the WL. The food is great, as is the atmosphere/decor. The boat from MK is a lot of fun!

goofyintoronto
04-11-2012, 09:09 AM
I actually enjoy crystal palace dinner. The food is quite good at dinner and lunch. LTT also never disappoints (better at lunch than dinner thou). Plaza was delish on my last trip, but thats more of a lunch place. Not dinner.

I'd look at the Kona menu before booking. The lunch menu at kona is more appealing to me than the dinner menu.

GFC is a great choice, ditto for ohana.

daisy8869
04-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Thanks everyone. I looked at Kona's menu and YUM! I went ahead and made a reservation. We love Ohana, already had that one booked for another night.

tluvstink
04-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Personally I like dinner at LTT but it is a heavy meal and I don't think I could handle it in the August heat. I think switching to Kona was a good idea:thumbsup2

Have a great trip!!

Terri