PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about travelling with family of 4 on Delta

Gorechick
04-10-2012, 11:14 AM
I haven't flown in 5 years and am going to WDW this summer. Will probably fly Delta. What can I expect in baggage fees, etc... flying nowadays? We will probably bring 2 medium suitcases and maybe a wheeled carry-on. My kids will each have a backpack, my DH a wheeled laptop case and me my handbag. What are the allowances?

TDC Nala
04-10-2012, 11:22 AM
Here are Delta's checked luggage allowances (per passenger) from their website.

http://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/baggage/checked/index.jsp

As for the carryons each person can have two: one that fits under the seat in front of them, and one that fits in the overhead compartment (22" x 14" x 9" (or 56 x 36 x 23 cm))

lost*in*cyberspace
04-10-2012, 02:12 PM
You can get all the information you need about a particular airline's policies by checking their website. You can get opinions about the airline's service by doing a Google search.

As an aside, if I were flying this summer, I would have already purchased my airline tickets (and I did!)

GEB@okw
04-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Hello Kalamazoo from up here in Hastings. With Delta if you use carry on size bags and take them to the gate, Delta will check them to you destination for free. Check airfare out of Grand Rapids (GRR) or Detroit (DTW) as AZO is always more.

Gorechick
04-11-2012, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the replies. I'm tracking Delta airfare out of Detroit right now and currently it's fluctuating around $288 (that's the lowest I've seen.) Will probably book over the next week. They had many direct flights with good times (though I know that can change.) :)

disneyeveryyear
04-12-2012, 08:54 AM
As an FYI, if you sign up for the Delta Rewareds AmEx card, you and up to 9 people flying with you get one bag free. There is no fee for the first year.

I did this for our trip to NYC in March, and will be cancelling my card before the one year anniversary date.

We saved $200 in luggage fees for the 4 of us. $25/bag/leg.

We were on Delta Shuttle non-stop ORD to LAG, and it was great! I would do it again in a heartbeat.

lost*in*cyberspace
04-12-2012, 09:51 AM
We were on Delta Shuttle non-stop ORD to LAG, and it was great! I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I think you meant ORD to LGA.