PDA

View Full Version : Character meals for boys

whiteout
04-10-2012, 09:40 AM
I see there are many character meals for girls (princess) are there any geared toward boys? I know my guys are over the Pooh stage so that leaves that one out. I hear too many bad things about Chef Mickeys.

Cinderumbrella
04-10-2012, 09:44 AM
DS is going to be 9 and Tusker House was the only character breakfast he requested this trip. The buffet variety is huge, its a chance to see Mickey & friends without waiting in line and we typically get in and out in under an hour.

HTH!

job09
04-10-2012, 09:50 AM
We just got back and my kids DS 8 DD8 and DS13 all enjoyed Tusker House. They all loved seeing Goofy. Food was good, service very good but it is very loud there. Have fun.:goodvibes

vek239
04-10-2012, 09:52 AM
We're trying the Ohana breakfast next trip that will include 3 grandsons.

taylor3297
04-10-2012, 09:54 AM
My kids love Chef Mickeys. We have only gone at dinner and the character interaction has been great each time. The food is okay and everyone is able to find something on the buffet to eat.

We are in the beginning stages of planning our next trip for September 2013 and the only restaurant my kids have requested is Chef Mickeys. If it helps, their current ages are dd 9 and ds 5.

333disneymom
04-10-2012, 10:04 AM
What about Garden Grill at Epcot? Chip and Dale are very playful. You also have Mickey and Pluto there. The other thing they might like is that the restaurant spins (very slowly), so you they will see different parts of the Land ride (rainforest, desert, etc.) as they eat.

TDC Nala
04-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Tusker House, 'Ohana (breakfast,), Garden Grill (dinner), Cape May (breakfast) all feature various members of the Fab Five. I know what everybody wants is a Toy Story or Star Wars or Cars meal but Disney apparently doesn't see the need for those. They did go so far as to put out a casting call for a Toy Story meal at Hollywood and Vine but went back on that, and now it has Disney Junior characters for preschoolers.

BEASLYBOO
04-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Another vote for Tusker House Character Breakfast! We've only done breakfast! We all enjoyed it, young and old! The food is fresh and tasty. As a rule we skip buffets but when we have kids that haven't been to Disney too often, Tusker House fills the bill!