PDA

View Full Version : Nine Dragons - EPCOT

Emma1987
04-10-2012, 07:33 AM
hi

I've made a reservation for Nine Dragons and would like some opinions on how it is.

Thanks

readytogotodisney
04-10-2012, 12:11 PM
hi

I've made a reservation for Nine Dragons and would like some opinions on how it is.

Thanks

My DH and I ate there January 2011, on a last minutes decision. We thought the food was good, and the service was great! I enjoyed it.

vevolis
04-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Iíve been there three times with my wife.

2008: Food was excellent; service was excellent, ambience was wonderful especially for the (albeit highly reflective) view of Illuminations.

2010: Food was okay; service was excellent.

2011: Food was absolutely deplorable (My chicken was globby and full of cartilage, my wife's meal was undercooked); the service was terrible (I donít expect anyone to jump through any hoops; Disney World or not but the server was simply awful).

Weíre planning a trip this fall, we wonít be visiting 9 Dragons again unless I hear some remarkable news. We try to keep our Disney trips as amazingly great as we can. :)

fadingjamie
04-10-2012, 03:46 PM
During our 2011 trip, they had recently reopened after undergoing a refurb from what I heard. The food was excellent and actually one of the few dinners we had that we raved about when we got home. The only thing I didn't care for was the strawberry red bean ice cream. I didn't like the little beans in it but the ice cream was delicious!

LuvLuvLuv
04-10-2012, 03:48 PM
we liked it!

TomorrowlandFamily
04-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Was the food on the "sweet" side? Some Asian restaurants put too much sugar/syrup/whateveritis in the food and make it too sweet.

Hunclemarco
04-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Was the food on the "sweet" side? Some Asian restaurants put too much sugar/syrup/whateveritis in the food and make it too sweet.

My wife and i get the sweet n sour Pork with the spinach noodles much of the time. The pork was a little on the sweet side, but the noodles complimented it will...being lightly spicy.

We've gone many times there, and enjoy the food and the service. :thumbsup2

However: The rice pudding they have is not the creamy-white rice pudding many know of here in the states. It's much more dense, and more of a wild rice. Hard to explain.

Emma1987
04-11-2012, 03:07 AM
Cool! Thanks so much for the reviews so far guys! I'm looking forward to trying it with my family!

Pixiedust34
04-11-2012, 05:31 AM
We ate there in 2010 (after the rehab) and we liked it. In fact, I let the kids pick our restaurants for our upcoming trip and they wanted to re-do Nine Dragons. We'll be going there again in Sept.

I thought overall the food was similar to PF Changs, but we like PF Changs so that's OK. Service was excellent! Our server stopped to write some Chinese characters with us and gave us extra placemats so we could practice writing at home. A manager came by during the meal and asked if everything was OK. Service was prompt and food was good.

Bothepro24
04-11-2012, 06:36 AM
Fair at best, wish they offered more on the menu, service was okay, food was very average.

Emma1987
04-11-2012, 06:44 AM
Yeah I agree that there's not a lot on the menu, but hopefully it's nice!

java
04-11-2012, 07:39 AM
Depends on what kind of chinese food you are used to. My family hated it but we can get great Chinese where we live. We also like PFChangs and I think nine dragons is way worse. It is one of the few on the never again list. We tried it again after the rehab and it was still awful to us.

Smiling Cheshire Cat
04-11-2012, 07:56 AM
We were disappointed with Nine Dragons. The food was very bland and didn't have a lot of taste. We did have excellent service, but have no plans to return any time soon.

disneyfav4ever
04-11-2012, 08:07 AM
It's fine, but nothing special. If you really want Asian food I would recommend going to Yak and Yeti and AK or one of Japan's restaurants at Epcot, I think they both have better food.

ETA - I would rate it lower then PF Changs.

PGHDisneyfan
04-11-2012, 08:48 AM
We havent been there since 2007 but it was good then. Compared to Yak and Yeti its a 5 star!

daisy112878
04-11-2012, 01:28 PM
We usually end up there at least once on every trip. The last time it was dec 2011 and it was good as usually. Normal fare to me. We pretty much get the same things through - dumplings, pepper steak, fried rice and dh likes the fish dish. It's usually the one place we can almost always guarantee to walk up to get in when we go so that's why we usually eat there at least once.

Golf4food
04-11-2012, 02:04 PM
We had a surprisingly good lunch there two years ago. DW was pregnant and nothing else sounded good, so we stopped at Nine Dragons and got a table pretty easily. Our server was a very nice little Chinese girl who couldn't have weighed 80 pounds but she was very friendly and prompt, answered questions, helped with the Chinese characters on the placemat and pronounced things for us, etc. It was fun. The dumplings were very good. The fried rice could have fed about 6 people and it was ok, not great, not bad. We'd go back.

prttynpnk
04-11-2012, 02:56 PM
It just wasn't for us- too crowded- tables too close and the food felt generic and mall foodcourtesque.....sorry.

Havana
04-11-2012, 03:17 PM
I'm glad we tried it, but won't be back anytime soon. It really wasn't anything different than what you could order at a Chinese restaurant anywhere else.

Edgehopper
04-11-2012, 03:50 PM

I can't speak to Nine Dragons, but Lotus Blossom Cafe's orange chicken was much less sweet (and better) than most orange chicken I've had.